Opening Fight Odds for Hall vs. Gastelum

Liddells Gut

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
HTML:
http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/tuf-17-finale-opening-betting-odds-updated/

Uriah opens as a 3 to 1 favorite. Thoughts?

Is this a fair margin? Do you anticipate it getting narrower or larger?

Also of note... Bubba is more than a 2 to 1 favorite over Gilbert and Big Luke is pretty much even with "The Dick" Hart.

I would have expected Bubba to be less favored and Luke to be favored around 2 to 1.

I think it'll get even larger. I mean, who would bet against Uriah at this point?

Also of note... Bubba is more than a 2 to 1 favorite over Gilbert and Big Luke is pretty much even with "The Dick" Hart.

I would have expected Bubba to be less favored and Luke to be favored around 2 to 1.

Who's the Dick?

why would you think bubba would be even with gilbert, even gilberts team didnt think he would win his fight for lack of cardio and talent, bubba is a solid fighter in comparison to gilbert who is to short for mw

why would you think bubba would be even with gilbert, even gilberts team didnt think he would win his fight for lack of cardio and talent, bubba is a solid fighter in comparison to gilbert who is to short for mw

If we're talking about talent, sure I agree with you. However would you put money on someone that unstable? Plus, he didn't actually look impressive in ANY of his 4 fights.

If we're talking about talent, sure I agree with you. However would you put money on someone that unstable? Plus, he didn't actually look impressive in ANY of his 4 fights.

i would put money on bubba against gilbert for sure, i think the whole unstable think was played up for the tv, he was more concerned about an injury then fighting hall

Hall has had some beautiful KO's and a hell of a lot of hype, but i think he had the easiest match-ups throughout the season. I honestly think he is going to be upset in the finale, I do not see him doing well beyond that either, i think this kid will be the next Melvin Guillard.

I dont dislike him he is a great fighter in his own, i just think he has way too much hype behind him, its almost like Justin Laurence all over again.

Last edited:
i would put money on bubba against gilbert for sure, i think the whole unstable think was played up for the tv, he was more concerned about an injury then fighting hall

Well, apparently Gilbert is now training with the "Dark Side", so who knows anymore. Maybe the mental fortitude offered by Chael will translate into a more solid performance by Gilbert (if he can provide oxygen to all those muscles for longer than 5 minutes).

Well, apparently Gilbert is now training with the "Dark Side", so who knows anymore. Maybe the mental fortitude offered by Chael will translate into a more solid performance by Gilbert (if he can provide oxygen to all those muscles for longer than 5 minutes).

yeah im a little hesitant to bet now because of this revelation but i still believe his muscles will hinder him in a fight, to much oxygen being wasted, i mean his only way to win would be finish in the first round but as we saw on tuf Bubba can be broken i just dont see it happening though, i see gilbert looking good in first but not able to really do alot of damage and gases then bubba work his stand up and probably gets a td and works a little gnp and gilbert gives up his back and the rnc

HTML:
http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/tuf-17-finale-opening-betting-odds-updated/

Uriah opens as a 3 to 1 favorite. Thoughts?

Is this a fair margin? Do you anticipate it getting narrower or larger?

i

This was pretty obvious, although I think Kelvin really have a great chance. Love the guy, want him to win, but wouldn't bet on him, Uriah is far more safe.

yeah im a little hesitant to bet now because of this revelation but i still believe his muscles will hinder him in a fight, to much oxygen being wasted, i mean his only way to win would be finish in the first round but as we saw on tuf Bubba can be broken i just dont see it happening though, i see gilbert looking good in first but not able to really do alot of damage and gases then bubba work his stand up and probably gets a td and works a little gnp and gilbert gives up his back and the rnc

You might be right. I could see it playing out similarly to the Barnatt fight, but with a sub in the 2nd instead of a KO.

You might be right. I could see it playing out similarly to the Barnatt fight, but with a sub in the 2nd instead of a KO.

yeah pretty much what i think, gilbert just has to much muscle to compete at mw hes gonna gas no matter how hard he works between the time of luke fight and the finale, i hope he gets a chance to fight again but at ww always like to see tuf guys in ufc, it means there is still a reason to keep the show going, like think about season 16 how many guys will stick around 2 1 none, there are gonna have to baby smith and ricci to keep then around for awhile

Back