Ontario expected to raise min wage to $15

These machines spell the end of days.

It's only a matter of time before machines start to make a significant dent in employment. Cab drivers, shipping industry, construction industry, manufacturing industry, etc, etc, ALL fucked.

Only question is, what will the government do? Do they just give away the precious paper so everyone can live comfortably, or do they let the lower class wallow in despair, and pray they don't get organized and set their sights on them?

Who Daud anything about the economy dropping?

I merely said that a CEO'S yacht could easily pay all of his employees 100 let hour for the next 10 years and then some but ooohhhhh no, can't increase the wages. No sir, gotta keep my pockets lunged for the boats, houses, wine and hookers.

While I agree, the reality is that owners of companies will not cut into their profits to pay for any increase in supply prices, in this case labor. However, the incidence of this increase is not simply passed onto the consumer either. But the incidence is put on both the firm and the consumer. How much of the incidence they each sustain depends on the price elasticity of demand for the product.

It's only a matter of time before machines start to make a significant dent in employment. Cab drivers, shipping industry, construction industry, manufacturing industry, etc, etc, ALL fucked.

Only question is, what will the government do? Do they just give away the precious paper so everyone can live comfortably, or do they let the lower class wallow in despair, and pray they don't get organized and set their sights on them?

Is that even a question?

Nobody cares.

Of course they are going to let the lower and middle class take the hit and get their livelihoods taken away by ipads.

They don't give a shit. As long as they get to go to sleep on their Egyptian sheets after their 100 dollar glass of wine, babies could get beheaded in the streets.

Yea, because they are pieces of shit who will eventually get what they deserve. and when the karma comes to collect, cash isn't accepted.
They usually are. The small business owners are usually decent people. And there is no such thing as karma.

They usually are. The small business owners are usually decent people. And there is no such thing as karma.

Yes there is.

There are forces beyond our comprehension that balance the scales.

Every shitty person I know has gotten what they deserved in some form or another.

You're an idiot.

Nobody was being specific.

Nobody said anything about mom and pop places.

I'm talking about major retailers, who are the actual backbone seeing as how walmart, target and costco easily employ 50x more people than mom and pop places nationwide, get your facts straight moron.

So, in that context, I am correct.

A walmart CEO's yacht, house, ferrari, wine collection and hooker budget could easily finance paying all walmart employees nationwide 100 per hour and he'd still be fine.

But no. Can't do that. Oohhhh no, gotta keep my pockets lined so I can take my giant boat out to the vineyard and buy my 15 year old daughter a brand new 7 series even though she can't even drive yet.
No in this debate like most you are the infantile idiot. No surprise there.

The proper context for this discussion is not to ignore the norm and only give examples of the extremes. That is what politicians do to mislead.

When talking about the impact raising the minimum wage will have and replying with something stupid like 'just take it out of CEO pay...problem solved' that is asinine and stupid as it does not address the real issue which is the impact on most of the people. And most of the people are working at mom and pa shops.

It is the same when people complain about average CEO wage being in the millions while the average workers is something like 200 times less. That is a disingenuous lie and politics. The average CEO wage is something like $140K and worker something like $40k so a little over 3 times. But they only use the average of the top 100 corporate CEO's. And if they are going to cherry pick that then they should use the average worker pay looking only at Silicon Valley workers in top companies. But idiots gonna idiot just as you did above.

Retail stores closing. People buy online. Business owners refuse to pay low skilled workers more than they are worth so they get automated. Airports, Car Dealerships, Libraries, Grocery Stores...slowly replacing people with tech. Would not have happened if people didn't start to think that jobs that were created for High School kids and retirees as pocket money jobs, were meant to support families on.

You're truly fucking retarded.

140k is a ridiculous sum of money. Even worse that it's on the low side of CEO pay.

40k for the worker? Um, try half that moron. Not even a manager at walmart makes that. You're hilarious.

Fact: CEOs yacht could pay for all entry level positions 50 per hour and not even blink.

Deal with it.
there is nothing to deal with. You are like talking with a child.

You think average means low end. lol. You think average CEO''s have yacht's you could sell to pay these wages when they are making $140k.

You are just a child like idiot trying to have a conversation with adults when nothing you say is relevant or applicable and when you are called on it you duck and hide saying that is not the context you intended it it.

You think average means low end. lol. You think average CEO''s have yacht's you could sell to pay these wages when they are making $140k.

You are just a child like idiot trying to have a conversation with adults when nothing you say is relevant or applicable and when you are called on it you duck and hide saying that is not the context you intended it it.

Stop feeding the troll.

You're truly fucking retarded.

140k is a ridiculous sum of money. Even worse that it's on the low side of CEO pay.

40k for the worker? Um, try half that moron. Not even a manager at walmart makes that. You're hilarious.

Fact: CEOs yacht could pay for all entry level positions 50 per hour and not even blink.

Deal with it.
Wait...wait...now I think I remember you.

You are the poster who claimed someone making $50K a year could afford a relatively new Lamborghini and a multi million dollar home (all of it) simply by financing it all because $50k a year was an insane amount of money, right?

You were trying to lecture people on how 'financing stuff' worked until others gave you real examples of amortization tables and showed you there was no way to afford that.

The guy we all laughed out of the thread??

You're the one ducking.

Nobody said average was the bottom end.

Nobody said yacht on 140k

I'm talking about the CEOs with yachts. Not the ones without them. Obviously.

If you wanna talk about the 140k CEOs - if they can pay those CEOs that ridiculous salary, they can pay the entry level workers more. End of story.

Now do your ducking.

Wait...wait...now I think I remember you.

You are the poster who claimed someone making $50K a year could afford a relatively new Lamborghini and a multi million dollar home (all of it) simply by financing it all because $50k a year was an insane amount of money, right?

You were trying to lecture people on how 'financing stuff' worked until others gave you real examples of amortization tables and showed you there was no way to afford that.

The guy we all laughed out of the thread??

Too bad I laughed you all out of the thread.

First of all, nobody can tell how much that house was worth based on a fucking picture you idiot. So that's out of the equation.

Now, when it comes to the car, you can tell how much it's worth.

I have been in the car flipping game for years. I have forgotten more about cars than you all will ever know.

That car can be had in good condition used for 75k.

You can easily finance a 75k car making 50k per year. You can also afford a nice house.

So I was right. You all were wrong.

I should send you an invoice for my expertise.

You're the one ducking.

Nobody said average was the bottom end.

Nobody said yacht on 140k

I'm talking about the CEOs with yachts. Not the ones without them. Obviously.

If you wanna talk about the 140k CEOs - if they can pay those CEOs that ridiculous salary, they can pay the entry level workers more. End of story.

Now do your ducking.

for my last conversation with a troll to dumb to understand he is a troll.

The topic and discussion was NEVER focused on only the top CEO or earners. Everyone engaging intelligently in the discussion was discussing the GENERAL impact on the economy and GENERAL problems or issues with it.

Your spamming of political talking points has no bearing on anything being discussed. Taking away the top percentiles of CEO's yachts does nothing, NOTHING to address this issue for the masses of people who will be impacted by this minimum wage increase. So suggesting 'just take the yachts...problem solved' is just idiocy. And then when you realize your idiocy trying to hide behind it saying you were only talking about that segment is meaningless.

If you want to start another thread called 'How would the top CEO's pay and perks be impacted by the minimum wage increase' that is a different topic and good luck with it. In the meantime stop trolling and let the adults discuss this topic. You can already see that people are not engaging or taking you in any way serious in this thread and instead just mocking you as is correct to do.

I have been in the car flipping game for years. I have forgotten more about cars than you all will ever know.

That car can be had in good condition used for 75k.

You can easily finance a 75k car making 50k per year. You can also afford a nice house.

So I was right. You all were wrong.

I should send you an invoice for my expertise.

Hahahaha, you're delusional.

The people that this wage increase really hurts are manufacturers who sell on a global market and not a local one like a restaurant and other service businesses. I work as a CNC Machinist and Programmer, senior guys in this trade make $32-35/hr with benefits and pension but new guy's start near minimum wage because of the learning curve. My business has to deal with all of China and Germany as well as other emerging markets, not the Burger King across the street who competes in the same environment as I do.

Yet because of this wage increase we'll have to pay our guy's more to offset the un-skilled labor market, despite not being able to raise our product cost because the clowns in China sure won't.

We also have to deal with massive worker attrition because most people we try to hire would rather flip burgers for the same money than work somewhere difficult. You fuck up at McDonalds and a customer gets angry with your manager, you fuck up here and a $100,000 - $1,000,000 machine is out of commission for weeks.

Back