Ontario expected to raise min wage to $15

Not sure if it's a good idea, but $11.40 is pretty is pretty low (except for students). Lowest paid person on my payroll is at $13.75, but I was going to bump her up to $15 on July 1st anyway.

As an Ontario resident I can say it is not great news.

This is just one more gift from Premier Wynne to her union cronies not because they care about those making the minimum (who are not union members) but because they want to push up the 'average' wage so that when they push for Union member raises the nightly news cannot point out the already large disparity of the average private sector worker pay V the average union worker pay. that is a bane for unions as it is always pointed out how much more they make than the average private sector worker. So even if it costs the people on the margins lots of jobs and hurts those already making around $15-20 far more then it helps those making $11.40 currently the unions and politicians will push it because the unions gotta get paid!

Ontario is expected to raise the min wage to $15/hour today. Im not sure if this has been confirmed yet but im hearung a lot of talk about it.

As an Ontario resident this is great news and hopefully its true ans doesnr take too long to implement.

http://m.metronews.ca/#/article/new...our-laws-and-minimum-wage-increase-today.html
Still not enough to rent a room in Toronto and have a decent independent life there. Great for people who still live with their families though.

Kathleen Wynne is on her "Please forget all the terrible shit I've done as Premiere. Now shut up, and take this money!" re-election campaign.

Oddly enough, prices on basically everything will go up as well.

As an Ontario resident I can say it is not great news.

This is just one more gift from Premier Wynne to her union cronies not because they care about those making the minimum (who are not union members) but because they want to push up the 'average' wage so that when they push for Union member raises the nightly news cannot point out the already large disparity of the average private sector worker pay V the average union worker pay. that is a bane for unions as it is always pointed out how much more they make than the average private sector worker. So even if it costs the people on the margins lots of jobs and hurts those already making around $15-20 far more then it helps those making $11.40 currently the unions and politicians will push it because the unions gotta get paid!
If the Canadian money market is any way comparable to the US's, all they are doing is keeping minimum wage up to date with the cost of living. This needs to happen periodically.

If the Canadian money market is any way comparable to the US's, all they are doing is keeping minimum wage up to date with the cost of living. This needs to happen periodically.

They say the wage will continurle to rise after that to match inflation

IMG_1244.jpg

It's about damn time. Now we start the fight for $20 an hour!

Didn't a bunch of places have the rent go from $1200 to $3000 this year?

Need to raise minimum wage to at least $25 an hour over there.

Fucking Chinese mother fuckers.

Ontario is an over governed laughing stock of a province. I live here and the province needs serious reform! Less government, a 15% pay cut to most public sector employees, renogitated pension plans for workers lets say under the age of 40, taking back our toll Highway from the asians and much much much more! Our Premier is a liar who wastes money, creates stupid jobs, and exagerates harder than most politicans to buy elections. I've never voted PC before but I'm going blue this election! I could legit make a thread about everything that's wrong with Onterrible.

Back