Only Person thinking that Tony can beat Khabib

Connor Prince

GOAT
@Orange
Reaction score
After reading many threads about this fight many people are writing Tony off, we have seen Tony's gas tank and it doesn't wear out. Khabib looks knackered after 3 rounds and especially after struggling to make weight. Can see Khabib getting tired very early on. So Tony will wear him out and then get the finish in round 4 or 5. Yes Khabib is exceptional but personally can see him going 25-1 after UFC 223. UFC want Khabib to win for the marketability, but personally I want Tony to become the undisputed champ.

UFC-216-Ferguson-v-Lee.jpg

yes you can be a special snowflake if you want

Only a Conor fan would think (wish) Tony can beat Khabib.

How many 5-round fights has Khabib been in? How many has Tony?

Last edited:
People are writing Tony off, it's the Sherdog way.
The fighter with the most recent win gets the most hype, sure Khabib can fairly be favorited but it's not a foregone conclusion simply because Sherdog thinks it is.

Either way war both Tony and Khabib !.

People are writing Tony off, it's the Sherdog way.
The fighter with the most recent win gets the most hype, sure Khabib can fairly be favorited but it's not a foregone conclusion simply because Sherdog thinks it is.

Either way war both Tony and Khabib !.

Yes agree, we will see i'm putting my money on Tony round 4 sub and JJ to win decision

Yes agree, we will see i'm putting my money on Tony round 4 sub and JJ to win decision
Good luck !.

I am definitely not confident to put money on either guy in this fight but I hope it works out for you,

Good luck !.

I am definitely not confident to put money on either guy in this fight but I hope it works out for you,

Tbh would like too see Rose beat JJ again. But first fight was a fluke trust me. JJ underestimated Rose, then got ass whooped for it. Won't happen this time

I'm not writing Tony off. Lately whenever I get the feeling that the UFC is really wanting a certain fighter to win because it is in their best interest I like to root for the other guy out of spite.

Pretty sure you are not the only person who thinks Tony can win TS. You goof.

I’m agreeing with you everyone just think Khabib gonna GNP 5 rounds and totally dominate Tony but I don’t see it happening... only thing that does worry me is how easily Tony got mounted by Lee... tony gotta take Khabib into the deep waters where he’s never been and finish him

Has tony ever been beat on and out grappled at the pace khabib gives for three full rounds and came out fresh and destroyed the guy after?

I think Khabib wins but Tony winning would not shock me.

Tony has built his record by beating everyone they put in front of him. He has dominated since TUF which was nearly 7 years ago.

Here's the thing. Tony looked great over 5 vs Dos Anjos but he wasn't fighting off his back most of the fight. Against Khabib more than likely he's going to be fighting off his back while dealing with GnP for an extended period of time. That will sap the energy from anyone.

After reading many threads about this fight many people are writing Tony off, we have seen Tony's gas tank and it doesn't wear out. Khabib looks knackered after 3 rounds and especially after struggling to make weight. Can see Khabib getting tired very early on. So Tony will wear him out and then get the finish in round 4 or 5. Yes Khabib is exceptional but personally can see him going 25-1 after UFC 223. UFC want Khabib to win for the marketability, but personally I want Tony to become the undisputed champ.

UFC-216-Ferguson-v-Lee.jpg
Is this a thread about me? I see you saying Only person thinking Tony can beat Khabib" and I have been pretty outspoken about Tony beating Khabib.... lol

What's the marketability thing with Khabib about? Why do people think he's some marketer's dream?

He's a Russian grappler from a very poor region of the world, not to mention he's a muslim. Not exactly going to be a good sell to the American audience, where the vast majority of UFC revenue comes from.

The UFC aren't going to make huge money in Russia selling tickets because the place has an atrocious standard of living compared to the rest of Europe.

This sounds almost as ridiculous as the WWE thinking that geek Jinder Mahal would make huge money for them in the (notoriously difficult monetise) Indian market.

Back