OneFC Reportedly Investing $50 Mil into Mighty Mouse and ESports - Sage Northcutt in Singapore

It's worth noting that the ONE featherweight (& former lightweight) champ Martin Nguyen is also an avid gamer and looks like he's involved

ONE is backed by many investors and sponsors and not to mention many tv deals so I beieve everything will be fine for them.

Think One got 250 mill from its round of funding so they have money to burn and they'll spend it but once that money is gone they'll need to start earning some profit instead of losing 70 mill a year.

They are hoping these things boost their business to start making money. Will it work? We'll see in a few years if they are still around.

Sherdog,

OneFC has been making splashes with the signing of Eddie Alvarez and the Trade for DJ.
According to MMA On Point, OneFC are investing $50 Mill into DJ signing as well as some of the action going on in the world of E sports.

Additionally, we know that Sage Northcutt is a free agent and traveled to Singapore to meet with OneFC to further contract negotiations.

With all of this heavy spending, including the fact that Eddie Alvarez claims that they are paying a collective sum of "8-Figures" the question really is where are they getting all of this money from and how are they going to further generate revenue?

For those who have their app - they show the fights for FREE.

Are you excited to see the new moves being done by OneFC?
Are you concerned about their heavy up-front expenses without a true backend plan that see's them generating healthy revenue in a 5+ year plan?

@FrankieNYC - I wanna hear what you gotta say about this

MMAOnPoint:

ONE is pretty fucking fishy. Seven years in:

Masses of venture capital

The owner has a friend at Forbes who writes monthly puff pieces about the massive success of ONE

Ambitious plans to dominate Asian combat sports, penetrate Japan in 2019, hold 120 events per annum, etc etc.

Yet:

Makes huge financial losses

Actual revenue is minimal, and mostly related to 'barter transactions' rather than actual cash

Ticket sales are usually very shitty indeed, and most tickets are given away for free

Endless lies from the company about the size of their audience - makes Dana White appear honest

No TV broadcasting deals that are worth anything

The product is given away for free as the events are broadcast over an app or YouTube

The fights are often fun, but the fighters are largely anonymous and C-level in terms of talent

Recruits some major free agents - presumably the venture capital cash will be spent on their purses - but of limited box office appeal (DJ), or post-prime (Alvarez)

Expands into boxing, kickboxing and now e-sports with no obvious rationale for doing so

What the fuck is going on with ONE?! Paging @FrankieNYC to break down the emerging war for Asian MMA between ONE and Rizin.

Hey guys
Thanks for the tags
I yet to see the vid (I am really backlogged)
All we know is the financials show they are not as big as some on here think.
They made less than 2% of UFC Rev & about 65% of Bellators in 2017 & they lost money.They did get an influx of cash so it seems they are healthy in that aspect & swinging for the fences.

With ESPN, DAZN throwing money around for MMA content, I guess One is going all in to bolster their roster to negotiate a good distribution deal before this bubble breaks

This makes me lose so much respect for dj

First he didn't wanna fight tj then he didn't wanna fight in UFC after first lose and try to avenge loss
or y'know...cuz they're shutting down his division.

Can't people be happy for the guy and enjoy good fights and decent promotion? Why you all care so much about the fucking business side of it? For fucks sake, it may be shady, it may be not, who cares?

They are making the right moves to spread through the Asian market and are planting the seeds for future growth of MMA and combat sports in that region, which is so fucking flush with cash.

Americans don't matter much anymore on the global entertainment market, their wants and needs and the lack of ability to adapt to new trends will keep UFC mostly pandering to an older, Western customer, while Rizin and OneFC will be trending with new viewers in Eurasia and the Middle East, which is $$$.

Hollywood is already sucking China's dick, sports was just an obvious next.

Hollywood don't need China to survive

Mention one successful. Chinese movie please, just one

I never made that argument, quit being a little girl and making shit up.

Americans spent $11.1 Billion last year going to the theater, China spent $8.7 Billion and it's only growing. All those mid-tier action movies with huge stars that do just "okay" in America make a shit ton of movie in China. Why do you think Matt Damon was in that piece of shit "The Great Wall"?

China isn't dropping retarded amounts of money in Hollywood anymore and want to invest in their domestic studios, which means way less money for Hollywood. Now add burgeoning foreign markets like Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philipines, and China's movie industry is ripe to make $$$$$$$.

Legendary Entertainment is Chinese. Nowadays movies don't depict China in a poor light because they need it to sell there. Films are also cleaned up and not R rated. It's just weird crap that is going on.
Also AMC is Chinese. Remember how we used to have shitty theaters and it got cleaned up this decade? AMC is the largest movie theater chain in USA. So that puts pressure on movie makers not to offend the Chinese.

Neither have I, but it made nearly $900 million US on a budget of $30 million. That’s one successful movie. There are plenty of others, too.

Some people want Renault or Mazda while some want BMW or Mercedes-Benz

Just because a shitty movie made more money in China does not mean anything

That is ju more of fleecing and put a high price of something that is literally shit. In China I know they pay $$$ for mineral water so not surprised

I don't want China to control the western industry with adding shitty movies

6,2 on Imdb

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7131870/

So about One, they are booking big venues and sell tickets for the same price as a big mac and most of the fighters are in c level

Would be if European soccer clubs will start to sign Canadian players to LA Liga, because they are known for soccer right?

That is ju more of fleecing and put a high price of something that is literally shit. In China I know they pay $$$ for mineral water so not surprised

6,2 on Imdb

So about One, they are booking big venues and sell tickets for the same price as a big mac and most of the fighters are in c level

Would be if European soccer clubs will start to sign Canadian players to LA Liga, because they are known for soccer right?
Well Owen Hargreaves was pretty good, and would have been better if it wasn’t for the tendinitis.

China has also produced some great filmmakers. Zhang Yimou springs immediately to mind. And let’s not forget guys like John Woo and Wong Kar-wai.

I don’t know much about One. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a lot of C-level talent, but they’ve made some moves recently to improve. If they get themselves on DAZN I’ll definitely watch.

Well Owen Hargreaves was pretty good, and would have been better if it wasn’t for the tendinitis.

China has also produced some great filmmakers. Zhang Yimou springs immediately to mind. And let’s not forget guys like John Woo and Wong Kar-wai.

I don’t know much about One. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a lot of C-level talent, but they’ve made some moves recently to improve. If they get themselves on DAZN I’ll definitely watch.
You can currently watch their events free on their own app.

6,2 on Imdb

Stop moving the goal posts. You asked for successful movie, you got one.

There is also operation red sea. 70 mil budget and made 500 mill

They treating mm 100x better in one day than ufc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back