OneFC Reportedly Investing $50 Mil into Mighty Mouse and ESports - Sage Northcutt in Singapore

one is seemingly hemorrhaging money, as this recent (oct 17, 2018) in-depth article suggests:

"One of things that really stands out in the financial reports is the size of ONE's losses. For the three years covered by the balance sheets, each of them shows an annual 8-figure loss. Entering 2015, ONE reported accumulated losses since their founding in 2011 of almost S$28 million. With losses growing annually by more than S$10 million, total accumulated losses have grown by December 31, 2017 to almost S$93 million."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/17/17976862/one-championship-look-finances-mma-one-fc-losses

Why do I feel like they are going to go out of business in a couple of years?

This makes me lose so much respect for dj

First he didn't wanna fight tj then he didn't wanna fight in UFC after first lose and try to avenge loss
He is the perfect example of a fighter who cared more about some numerical goals instead of fighting the best opponents and trying to make the sport more accepted. This is why the GOAT definition cannot be based just on numbers like the number of defences or a useless p4p ranking.

Why do I feel like they are going to go out of business in a couple of years?

Ignorance is bliss. Just because you know PPVs as the only way to make money from fights dosen't mean it's the truth.

They have several channels where they get more money from then the UFC. So relax and don't jump the gun. This business is here to stay

Last edited:
As for the One Fc financias they have stated they are using a Facebook style model for revenue generation. Time will tell if it will work, but they do file annual reports and nothing shady is going on there. The numbers add up.

Yeah I agree 100%.
I never liked watching his performances but maybe thats because we're in North America.

I believe in Asia where there are a lot more smaller fighters and more viewers he can generate some buzz...
Question is: is it worth $50 mil ?
so hard to say.
they couldn't get enough of bob sapp back in the day because he was freakishly huge despite having obviously unpolished mma skills. with MM its the opposite, he has enormous skill but weighs less than the average high school girl.

I want them to succeed but they seem to just be throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Not a smart long term investment plan with all the overspending imo

I want them to succeed but they seem to just be throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Not a smart long term investment plan with all the overspending imo

I agree.
Maybe it is a different business strategy than North American - but it is still difficult to gauge what they're really up to

E-sports are pretty fucking huge, if the asian market welcomes DJ, competing in this + fighting could be pretty lucrative for the mouse, no wonder he wanted to GTFO of the UFC.

1.paying a boxer millions to embarrass one of their *cough* prospects
2.signing an over the hill journeyman
3.signing a kid that can't even crack the top 20 and loses to anybody that isn't complete trash
4.signing a guy that can't draw a dime and trying to tap into a very sensitive market in the form of esports

somebody at onefc is living life on the edge......

For now..
Until ONE Fc vanished into thin air and takes all the revenue generated without paying anyone

I'm hoping the guys coming over will make some bank first, I don't see any sort of overnight shutdown. I'm thinking they get a few fights and make some good cash before anything happens.

Do you know Asia has 4.4 billion people?

What really matters is how many of those 4.4 billion will pay anything at all to watch MMA. Right now it doesn't seem like enough to sustain them.

Don't get me wrong though I like One. You can see their rights on YouTube. Pretty entertaining more often than not.

What really matters is how many of those 4.4 billion will pay anything at all to watch MMA. Right now it doesn't seem like enough to sustain them.

Don't get me wrong though I like One. You can see their rights on YouTube. Pretty entertaining more often than not.
How many people pay to use Facebook?
Yet it's worth gazillions
<seedat>

People will watch and see the advertisements...maybe

I'm hoping the guys coming over will make some bank first, I don't see any sort of overnight shutdown. I'm thinking they get a few fights and make some good cash before anything happens.
I was at the very first show in Sept 2011, in an arena that was half closed off. and I'll be at the next show on Friday...it's quite impressive to see how far they've come over these 7 years.

I hope they can last long....and frankly speaking 7 years is already LONG for an MMA promotion.

Yea but they're like half the size of a normal person so it's really only 2.2 billion.

Northern China Average height is 5'9, same for S. Korea. Average height for Uk is around 5'10, same for America. Latin country average height is around 5'6. Keep being ignorant.

Back