**One-way ticket to Mars, apply now!!**

Could you imagine like a murder happening? Man that would get disastrous fast.

Why would that be a disaster? They would be a tiny society comprised of a few people who are completely detached from the rest of humanity. They wouldn't be missed, really, since they essentially cut ties with their families in friends by making the trip inn the first place. If they were murdered, it just sped up their final demise a bit. Murders are only terrible because the family left behind has to deal with the pain of the loss; that wouldn't really be an issue on Mars.

No thanks. As crappy as Houston is, I would still prefer it to Mars.

Maybe in about 1,500 more years, when they get it developed? Get some hotels, a bowling alley, a few theaters, a Starbucks, McDonalds etc..

They'd have to give me a harem of hotties, then I'd totally populate that planet. I've got strong swimmers too. Over 40% impregnation rate when unprotected.

Won't happen cause snuff films are illegal. You can't send people to a place without doctors, food, water so people can turn on the tv and watch them die. Sounds like they just want viewers for the competition and probably don't even plan to actually send anyone cause anyone willing to go is imbalanced at best.

morally: as long as everyone is consenting and not infringing on anyone else, go for it

personal opinion: FUND IT

The governments of the world aren't gonna stop shoveling money into giant holes in the middle of the desert, so it's up to private enterprise to get this shit done.

I'm on board with it.

It just seems pointless. They aren't colonizing or conducting research so it's basically just a stunt.

Mars One only has two true requirements for applicants: They must be 18 years old and willing to live out their lives on another planet.

This made me lol.

Wow i don't even know. Some fucked up shit but i doubt i'll be alive to see it.

Why would that be a disaster? They would be a tiny society comprised of a few people who are completely detached from the rest of humanity. They wouldn't be missed, really, since they essentially cut ties with their families in friends by making the trip inn the first place. If they were murdered, it just sped up their final demise a bit. Murders are only terrible because the family left behind has to deal with the pain of the loss; that wouldn't really be an issue on Mars.

So murder is okay, just as long as the victim has no family?

total-recall-mars-eye-bulge.jpg

Sign Me Up!

I don't think you understand what he is saying.

Murder is perfectly fine on Mars.

Not only does Mars start with an M like Murder, but it was named after the God Of War. So murder is A-OKAY as long as you do it on Mars.

Yes please get more morans off this planet more resources for meeeeeeee son.

Yes please get more morans off this planet more resources for meeeeeeee son.

lol'd.

On a serious note, let's look at this from a different perspective.
You could be one of a handful of people that have ever lived in the history of mankind to not only step foot, but live on another planet.

How could you pass this up?
This is something for the ages.
I say, you only get one life, and this is a chance to do something no one before has done. Screw you guys, I'm applying.

Did I say it's OK? I said it wouldn't really affect anyone. Dead guy won't know he's dead, and he's effectively been dead to his fam and friends the day he left. People that are close with their family wouldn't be volunteering to die alone on Mars.

Back