One unique thing about Khabib - Conor

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JustOnce, Sep 25, 2018.

1. JustOnce

JustOnce Brown Belt

I think Conor is the greatest of all time if he beats Khabib after beating Aldo. I don't think it's debatable.

I have
    Fedor
    GSP
    Conor
    (Duck dickpill popping duos)

But, one thing unique about this is, I don't think they are really pound for pound bests at all like they say. I think Khabib's wrestling is overated, and partially the real estate agent showed it. Thing is kinda that's how I felt about Anderson Silva's striking. This guy fought really not a whole lot of great strikers, and you won't know how good you are until you go up in competition, and Weidman knocked him out like a clown. When Forrest Griffin is one of the best strikers you face in your career, it says something.

Similarly, Khabib struggled against Tibau greatly and he lack experience fighting a high level wrestlers. So, what happens when he faces off against high level wrestlers? When Ianquinta is like the second or third best wrestler you faced in your 10 + year career, you know it says something as well. For example, I think Hendricks in his prime before USADA would have prison raped Khabib. This might not be a popular opinion, but I actually saw Hendricks wrestle before UFC, and that guy is a beast on the mat.

Also, when it comes to Conor, I think he's great, but he's also really one dimensional. I would have hard time really favoring him in certain match ups like, for example, against Mousasi, or someone like Khabib really, who's just one dimensional grappler but really good at it.

I guess all I wanted to say is that these guys are tauted as the best out there right now, but these guys are really one dimensional and in spite of the fact that they are very good, but they actually haven't faced a whole lot, actually a very little, to suggest that they could adapt against tough match ups, because they have very few experiences in their 10 + year career, and like someone like Hendricks and Mousasi aren't mentioned in such high regards like them, not even close, but if they were same size, I can see both of them stealing their souls respectively.

On the other hand, maybe 10 some years ago, there was a true super fight between BJ Penn and GSP 2. It was a one sided beat down, but personally, I think those two could have been compared to against anybody in any hypothetical match ups in their primes.

Just a thought.

Striker Fox and gunlok like this.
  2. Reign009

Reign009 Black Belt With Them Posts

You're all over the place with this one.

MessiJAH, Texas, peacemaster and 9 others like this.
  3. JustOnce

JustOnce Brown Belt

Accomplishments and abilities aren't equal

I guess all i'm saying is, their hypes are great, but they aren't tested, and people who have 1/100th of recognition they get, i think would give them hell in pound for pound for sense, and there are more than a few

4. FleximusPrime

FleximusPrime I'm a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus

[​IMG]

5. tonni

tonni Yellow Card Yellow Card

When Conor starches Khabib, haters will still find a way to hate on his abilities.

Cracker666, Striker Fox and Weidman like this.
  6. Reign009

You just contradict yourself a lot in this post and ramble off on a tangent quite a bit.

Mga223 and Noleggeisha like this.
  7. Reign009

Also Silva has the longest win streak in UFC still. Doing it at the championship level and finishing most his opponents impressively. How are you gonna try to downplay his accomplishments because he FINALLY lost to Weidman after going 16-0 in the UFC? If it's so easy, why hasn't someone in the UFC put together a longer streak before or after Silva?

Silverstar17 likes this.
  8. Koro

Koro Blue Belt

Do you really expect people to read through your text after that opening?

9. gono btw

gono btw Rounds...

hmm..would you say that someone like Al is a better wrassler than Eldarov, Khabib´s 6th MMA fight?

10. AndreasRJ

AndreasRJ White Belt

Not. Even. Close.

Open GSP's and Conor's wikipages and compare: Streak length, quality of opposition, championship defenses.
    He is probably not even the GOAT at featherweight.
    I think you are letting the hype confuse you. Conor has not done enough. You do not get GOAT status from the small number of big fights he has been in.

MessiJAH likes this.
  11. FleximusPrime

FleximusPrime I'm a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus

Yep.

12. TapMachine

TapMachine Pretty Princess

GSP and Anderson are GOATS, because they actually bothered to defend their belts. Comparing Conor and even Khabib to to both of them is delusional in the case Conjob McTapper, who ran away with his belts, and too early in the case of Khabib, who is just doing his first title defense.

13. mutombo

mutombo bustin' wack rhymes since 1979

Needs at least 5 (probably more) wins against top competition to even be in the conversation.
    And in those wins, he needs to be tested, against a high level striker and an explosive wrestler or two. Khabib is more of a grinder wrestler, but is good for his resume.

He is way behind the holy triumvirate of Fedor, GSP, Jones.
    Silva, rightly or wrongly, seems to have dropped out of the GOAT talk a little these days.

I would honestly have TJ closer to GOAT contention than Conor at the moment.

AndreasRJ likes this.
  14. Kymbo

Kymbo White Belt

More an incoherent rant than a thought.

15. TapMachine

TapMachine Pretty Princess

Silva can be the undisputed steroid goat, lmao.

16. Dark Individual

Dark Individual Darkness is my friend

If Khabib beats Conor, he is on his way to becoming GOAT. Keep doubting him, there's only so much you can say before you start looking like an idiot. The man is reaching 30-0 and only needs two high profile wins and he will get them soon.

As for Conor, if he beats Khabib, only a moron would discredit him and I say that as a Conor hater. The man's a two division champ and with aldo and Khabib on his resume, it will be one hell of an achivement.

17. empsim

empsim Purple Belt

if he beats khabib he still has 0 title defences

if thats what you call the greatest fighter of all time, ok...

18. CodeBreaker

CodeBreaker What belt?

If he KO's Khabib....

He needs to defend his title like at least 5 more times, then we can talk

19. Blue_Lou

Blue_Lou Orange Belt

What if he KOs him in 13 seconds

20. Mga223

Mga223 Steel Belt

And if he loses he's a overrated can who was never good

Thats how it works right?