One thing that make Dj more special than other goats

Both similarly incredible performances. I do remember Cejudo stated after the bout that he thought the clinch would be a position that favors him.

Josh Samman also had a great muay thai clinch performance too.

I wanted to find a source, but not sure which keywords to use.. I'm pretty certain Franklin's camp revealed the gameplan was to get in the clinch and fight.

at best I can post some suggestive GIFs
WDWIC.gif
R2YmbUV.gif

vs

silvavsfranklin2_medium.gif
giphy.gif

I wanted to find a source, but not sure which keywords to use.. I'm pretty certain Franklin's camp revealed the gameplan was to get in the clinch and fight.

at best I can post some suggestive GIFs
WDWIC.gif
R2YmbUV.gif

vs

silvavsfranklin2_medium.gif
giphy.gif

I vaguely recall it too but not sure. I also recall Franklin trying to fix those mistakes in the rematch, but then his corner getting angry because he fell right back into what he did in the first bout (like turning his body away in that last gif).

I mean Kyoji Horiguchi is putting everyone's lights out despite them being a division bigger then him. That guy is crazy fun to watch, and should soon enough be seen as a Japanese great.

giphy.gif

But I mean lots of his opponents though, Ali Bagautinov was clearing guys in 25 seconds before the DJ fight. John Dodson is known to knock out fighters. Even John Moraga and Henry Cejudo recently had great KO's.

giphy.gif

The threat is there, even if it's not the same as at heavyweight (obviously). But DJ has to deal with things heavyweights don't as well.
Good point but there’s a big difference between a 10-20 lb and 80-100+ lb difference. I respect DJ I just think fedor’s legacy is more significant and meaningful.

Good point but there’s a big difference between a 10-20 lb and 80-100+ lb difference. I respect DJ I just think fedor’s legacy is more significant and meaningful.
Yeah well I mean Fedor's right at the very top of all time MMA achievers so it's not a big deal to hold his legacy over DJ's.

He went 14-2 at Bantamweight and defeated Cruz in the stand-up while training only twice per week while working a full time factory job. Dillashaw didn't win the stand up against an injured Cruz, meanwhile DJ did it against an injury-free Cruz who was in his prime.
He didn’t win the stand up

I wouldn't say he won in the standup. it was virtually identical. He had more volume, but wasn't as accurate.
http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/e2433610f128d963
It's not identical if you look at the strikes by round; Cruz loses that fight by decision if he didn't grapple, hence why he implemented it (as he was losing rounds by striking with Johnson).

That rematch was the super-fight we deserved to see, and the fact that they didn't book it when Johnson called Cruz out in 2016 will forever boggle my mind (especially given how adamant Dana White has been about this Johnson/Dillashaw fight, which barely interests me).

I meant like lightweight minimum. Would be an interesting experiment.
latest

The difference between a Flyweight and Lightweight (percentage-wise) is the same difference between a Lightweight and Light Heavyweight. That would be like wanting to see McGregor fight Jones <Lmaoo>.

Ikuhisa Minowa (63-42 record), who stood at 5'9" and 182 lbs finished the kickboxer you're referring to; you're exaggerating Fedor's achievement in a sad attempt to hate on Johnson.

I'm not trying to hate on anyone. I would genuinely be curious to see if DJ possesses the mental toughness and fight IQ to somehow use his skills in a way that would allow him to offset such a huge height and weight disadvantage.

But I think the thought of DJ finishing a 6'4", 225 pound professional kickboxer is sort of hard to swallow. But it would be fun to see him try.

Lol Choi was bum and had no business in mma, Fedor knew it, the promoters knew it, and you know it too.

Great. Find a professional kickboxer who is 6'4" and 225 pounds, who is a "bum" by MMA standards, and let's see if DJ can finish him. I know where my money would be...

Diverse, yes. Complete, no.

DJ has technical flaws in every area of his game.

Great. Find a professional kickboxer who is 6'4" and 225 pounds, who is a "bum" by MMA standards, and let's see if DJ can finish him. I know where my money would be...

I would certainly take Branko Cikatic to stop Mighty Mouse in 1 round.

I would certainly take Branko Cikatic to stop Mighty Mouse in 1 round.

Absolutely agree. Good call. Pretty comparable to Choi in terms of his competitiveness in MMA. And the right size discrepancy relative to DJ.

It's not identical if you look at the strikes by round; Cruz loses that fight by decision if he didn't grapple, hence why he implemented it (as he was losing rounds by striking with Johnson).

That rematch was the super-fight we deserved to see, and the fact that they didn't book it when Johnson called Cruz out in 2016 will forever boggle my mind (especially given how adamant Dana White has been about this Johnson/Dillashaw fight, which barely interests me).
Why would I look at it by round? Overall the striking was virtually identical. Cuz won rounds with a combination of takedowns and striking, but overall the striking was even. MM landed 3 more significant strikes and Cruz landed 1 more overall strike. The difference in the fight was the wrestling and I don't think MM could overcome that in a 2nd fight because his skills have gotten better, but he didn't grow any.

latest

The difference between a Flyweight and Lightweight (percentage-wise) is the same difference between a Lightweight and Light Heavyweight. That would be like wanting to see McGregor fight Jones <Lmaoo>.
Would be fun.

is that he’s constantly evolving and always one step ahead of the game.you see him getting better in each fight.theres a reason why he’s the most evolved and complete fighter in mma history.
Easy to look like your getting better when your competition gets worse

And nobody wants to see him fight.

Would you rather watch rampage vs fedor or

Dj vs joe schmo 125

DJ is a very talented and very skilled fighter with great technique. The problem is his size.
He fights at 125lbs, and sure, he may be "champion" but there are probably more than a million people (guessing) on this planet who would destroy him in a fight. When I think of that, he is much less impressive than watching Fedor fight- a man who could possibly be beaten by no more than a dozen people in the world.

Back