One thing I dont thinks been asked, Do busted fighters get to keep their money?

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Fighters such as jon jones and brock lesner who pop after the event. They get their wins overturned and might face a fine but do they still get to keep all of their money, including a win bonus? I cant say ive ever seen an article mention this but maybe im blind.

Depends on how the contract reads but if it's overturned to a DQ i'd imagine they owe a debt.

As far as I'm concerned, they get fined pretty heavily.

Also great English...

Pat Healy returned to the UFC to face Jim Miller on April 27, 2013 at UFC 159. He won the back-and-forth fight via technical submission due to a rear naked choke in the third round. The bout also won him Fight of the Night and Submission of the Night bonus awards. On May 14, 2013, Healy was suspended for 90 days for failing a drug test for marijuana. The fight result was changed to No Contest, and his submission bonus was rescinded, going instead to Bryan Caraway, who also fought on the card. Healy also lost his Fight of the Night bonus.

Fighters such as jon jones and brock lesner who pop after the event. They get their wins overturned and might face a fine but do they still get to keep all of their money, including a win bonus? I cant say ive ever seen an article mention this but maybe im blind.
Not if Hunt has anything to say about it

I guess that it would depend on the contract.

I thought more people would be interested in this and havent seen it discussed before. I guess people would rather talk about non sense that doesnt really matter. This is actually kind of important, its not really fair to keep your money after fighting illegitimately.

It's been asked and the answer is "it depends".

Lesnar received guaranteed money (no win bonus).

A fighter who receives a win bonus may only receive his show money.

Which is another reason that fighters need a union.

I thought more people would be interested in this and havent seen it discussed before. I guess people would rather talk about non sense that doesnt really matter. This is actually kind of important, its not really fair to keep your money after fighting illegitimately.
mcgregor wiped his ass with a new brand of toilet paper so there needs to be 30 threads about it.

It's been asked and the answer is "it depends".

Lesnar received guaranteed money (no win bonus).

A fighter who receives a win bonus may only receive his show money.

Which is another reason that fighters need a union.
Thats kinda the question tho, how come no one knows? I find it odd that a semi important question to be answered definitively otherwise guys like brock can come in a roid up, get paid and bail without any consequences.

Thats kinda the question tho, how come no one knows? I find it odd that a semi important question to be answered definitively otherwise guys like brock can come in a roid up, get paid and bail without any consequences.
I thought I answered. It depends on the contract.

Lesnar has a guaranteed purse whether he wins or loses.

If Eddie Alvarez fails USADA, gets dq'd in a fight, has the fight stopped because of a cut, wins or losses. He will receive the same. He has a guarenteed contract with no win bonus.

If Dilly fails USADA and wins, his win bonus may be in jeopardy and/or he may be fined. Dilly has show/win etc.

This is why they need a union.

Last edited:
Doesnt the commission hold the win bonus until all tests are cleared?

I think they need to put that in contracts from now on. You get busted for PEDs or a banned substance, you lose your entire paycheck, receive a suspension and pay a fine. I'm pretty you'll still have idiots trying to beat the system which we all will get to flame on Sherdog.

Back