One pair of gloves for everything

He did hide his advertising deliberately so I get why people are annoyed.

Just read his posts like :

and:

so he convinced himself by reading his own article :rolleyes:. Imo he just uses Sherdog to advertise for his site in a not so clever way.

or:

He purchases 1 of 10 heavybags, writes a review about 10 heavybags and afterwards recommends the article and makes it look like he purchased the best one because of it (which is also the only one he has). Kind of a flawed review style.

I own 3 of those bags on that article, I've used every single piece of equipment/gear that I have talked about. Clearly I advertised in the wrong way but I stand by my content knowing that I wrote it to help people out and I do believe I know what I'm talking about.

many people think this is the way to do it. RDX (I sure hope I didn't just summon them again) did this for a couple of years repeatedly.

most online reviewers are not qualified to review. they get gear for free, maybe some of them have had a couple of amateur fights (means nothing), but ultimately want views. c2rdboxing, found he was selling gloves he got from topboxer on craigslist (it was either him or another one). He sort of put topboxer on blast in an review and said the gloves were unusable, then goes on craigslist saying they're great and trying to sell them for topdollar. pretty sure he bought grants, made a video, and then posted them on eBay a couple days after. I might be remembering wrong, but I don't think anyone should be bothered by this given the content and their own desire to be told what to buy.

There were forum members that were called out for doing this as well. problem is, because clicks = monetization, most are resorting to these sorts of practices.

I've said it before and I'll say it now: I personally have been boxing for about 8 years now. I feel like I can give a legit review on maybe 6 pairs of gloves during those years. I am not happy with most gear produced today, especially when the biggest concerns seem to be getting the entire spectrum of the rainbow onto a single glove and clickbait views.

I own 3 of those bags on that article, I've used every single piece of equipment/gear that I have talked about. Clearly I advertised in the wrong way but I stand by my content knowing that I wrote it to help people out and I do believe I know what I'm talking about.

I used a pair of Everlast gloves for a week or two they felt good. I used them for a few months and they caused all sorts of hand issues. The danger with reviewing products you have no extensive use of is that you are essentially reviewing gear like one would review clothing they try on at the store. A month in my opinion is not enough time to adequately review a glove, 4 months is not enough time to adequately review a glove or a bag, things like shinguards and headguards you can generally tell after a month if they are good or garbage.
Hell half the time if you use the gloves and only that glove for at least a month you won't even get to the stage where it is broken in.
Rather than pumping your own tires and thinking you're an expert, ask questions on the forum about reviews, ask if you can use excerpts from reviews on here. Most would have no issue with you asking permission to use parts of their review for your guides on gloves you don't have extensive use with.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back