ONE Openweight superfight: Aung La Nsang vs Alain Ngalani (3rd November)

Katsumi Yamada

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://mma-today.com/one-middlewei...ace-heavyweight-striker-alain-ngalani-myanmar
Middleweight Champion vs heavyweight #1 contender.

This is crazy.

Does Aung La have to survive and take him into deep water? Or can he go toe to toe with Ngalani? I'd say the weight difference is around 40+ lbs.

Aung La is arguably the most popular fighter ONE has...Why is this even happening?

Awesome though

Mahmoud_Hassan_vs._Alain_Ngalani__2_medium.gif

aung%20la%20n%20sang.jpg

1389788_541488939347782_1122250189_n.jpg

Last edited:
Aung is very tough. He survived Alexey Butorin and handed him his only defeat https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/66738-alexey-butorin and that guy hits like a mack truck. But his striking arsenal has nothing on Alain's so he needs to finish this on the ground I would say.....Very cool yet strange this fighting is happening....Vera better be fighting Marcin Rozalski than since this is happening.

Ask any Burmese young man about him.
According to my friends he is very famous and a role model to young Burmese men.

He has headlined every single show in Myanmar.

Also not really indicative but just looking at the one FB page, after every title fight they post a photo of the champ.

Aung 78k reactions
Vera 55k
Askren 40k
Bigdash 38k (after beating aung)
Folayang 33k
Angela Lee 27k
Nguyen 10k
Bibi 7.5k
Moraes 3k

Ask any Burmese young man about him.
According to my friends he is very famous and a role model to young Burmese men.

He has headlined every single show in Myanmar.

Also not really indicative but just looking at the one FB page, after every title fight they post a photo of the champ.

Aung 78k reactions
Vera 55k
Askren 40k
Bigdash 38k (after beating aung)
Folayang 33k
Angela Lee 27k
Nguyen 10k
Bibi 7.5k
Moraes 3k
When you only have one man to be proud of.

HOLY SHIT! A legit Openweight fight.

Imagine how insane the entire country's gonna go if he wins. "One of our guys just beat this BEHEMOTH of a black man that had, like, 30 pounds of muscle on him!!! If he can do that, we can do anything!" And if he loses, "It was against a guy who had 30 pounds of muscle on him... our hero will do great next time, and even accepting the fight was a gigantic feat of courage."
And it'll make a fight between Ngalani and Vera very marketable if Alain wins.
Prachnio may also be injured or still have some grievances with ONE, so, in that case (since a third fight in a row with Bigdash ain't really that interesting-- not that a third fight's bad, but not in a row), this's better than any middleweight fight.
Maybe if he wins he'll try to become a two-divisional world champion and he'll be matched up with Roger Gracie next year in Myanmar. That would be crazy.

When you only have one man to be proud of.

To be fair to the Burmese, the country was under one of the strictest military regimes in the world for, like, 40 years, and it's only been since, like, 2011 or so that the country's undergone reforms and now people from outside of the country can really be fans of stuff like Lethwei and know about things like the Rohingya genocide (which's been going on for a long time and only gotten really popular over the last couple months.) And Asia's still a place where beating foreigners is a gigantic accomplishment in anything athletic, and even though the country had a lot of great fighters in it (Tway Ma Shaung, Lone Chaw, Win Tun), the political situation of the country (and the niche sport of Lethwei being what it is) kept them from being able to accomplish that milestone of fighting foreign opposition.
Aung's been able to hold the distinction that's almost unheard of in the history of Burmese athletes, though, and he's had success against 100% foreign opposition. Literally, he hasn't fought one person from Myanmar or from even Southeast-Asia. Americans, Canadians, Russians, Egyptians, Poles... he's only fought international opponents. And he's become a very high-level fighter and has a very fan-friendly, exciting style, so he can beat genuinely high-level guys, which just adds to his points and even makes him internationally-likable in the whole region of Southeast-Asia.
It makes real good sense that he's become a star.

"l am not one of those who ever turn down a fight. In my career l've fought people I shouldn't have fought at that point in my career. But this is not one of them. I'm super excited of this fight. This fight came about because the title contender did not take the fight for Nov 3rd I know I have a big problem in front of me but I believe in my team and my support. I'm blessed for this opportunity and I know a have unbelievable amount of support in Myanmar. Despite all that's going on in and the differences l hope that can make us proud I will do everything in my power to get ready for this Giant of a man! Thank you all for your love and support. Let's go!!!"

Ngalani is around 227-230lbs.

He could challenge for the heavyweight belt of Vera is willing to defend, he could also challenge Roger for the light heavyweight (225lb) belt if he can make the weight without dehydrating himself.

Aung la nsang gets ktfo if he can't survive the first 3min in a half of the 1st round.

Back