One of you will know this fight, 37 unanswered punches

Sunfish

Martinez Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Ref doesn’t appear on camera until the guy could be dead for all he knows, I know I could look it up but anyone know the fight so I don’t need to. I think the commentary team says Garcia at some point.

I'm not sure what boxing match you are referring to, but I'm immediately wondering if it could be worse than the Joe Warren - Pat Curran MMA fight. That must have been 30-40 unanswered shots, too.

I’ll try and find it, it’s disgusting to see a corner, ref and doctor watch someone get their face banged in in round 2 and justify why they don’t stop the mans brain damage.

And a big shout out to well known espn commentator for saying mayweather would lose to mcgregor or beat mcgregor depending on who was interviewing him.

I'm not sure what boxing match you are referring to, but I'm immediately wondering if it could be worse than the Joe Warren - Pat Curran MMA fight. That must have been 30-40 unanswered shots, too.
Fucking hell, was the referee taking ketamine? I’ve seen fighters get taken out in stupid ways but he stands there watching someone get maimed and waits until he can’t fucking stand? Lifetime ban.

Fucking hell, was the referee taking ketamine? I’ve seen fighters get taken out in stupid ways but he stands there watching someone get maimed and waits until he can’t fucking stand? Lifetime ban.
That would be exhibit #1 if I was on the side of banning "human cockfighting".

That would be exhibit #1 if I was on the side of banning "human cockfighting".
Most of us understand fighting is something we enjoy but we haven’t rocked up, asked for light sparring then dropped our balls on their face like Charlie z does. That was brutal. When goodridge broke that dudes face you didn’t have the chance to jump in because it happened too quickly. The mma fight you’ve brought up and the one I did are no brainers. We know when someone can’t win and will get hurt badly, and we aren’t the people allegedly trained to stop it.

Last edited:
Ike Williams/Beau Jack, maybe?

Alex Garcia vs Bernard Benton.

Shit - I just counted 34 punches without answer. Garcia realized the ref wasn't going to stop the fight so he tried to knock him out. Corner should have thrown the towel at least.

Thats some super excessive amount , what was the refs reasoning and where was the fighters corner in all this ?

Arthur Mercante's performance in the Whitaker-Hurtado fight is not looking so bad now. God damn!!!

Arthur Mercante's performance in the Whitaker-Hurtado fight is not looking so bad now. God damn!!!

Dude, I know the reference your username is making. Has anyone ever told you that without their username being google ninja.

Whenever a ref taking too long to stop a fight comes up, the first one that comes to mind is Mercer vs Morrison. It wasn’t that late by the ref compared to some of the ones you are talking about but considering the power behind those punches and how dramatic they look when they connect, it really always stuck in my mind.

Yup that might be one of the worst stoppages I've ever seen. I wanted to beat that ref over the fucking head watching it live. Disgusting. I really thought I was watching a guy get killed, but then I saw a pic of him at a mcdonald's or some shit with his kid the next day, lol. Joe is one tough sob, I'll tell ya that.

Back