One of my training partners went biznatch mode

EatMyShorts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know this seems like something trivial to bring up but, I've been training with the guy for about 18 months, and thus far, my experience with him has been - totally level headed, in training at least (I don't know him outside of training at all).
Never had any kind of issue.

Last round of rolling tonight, I did one of them Fedor Emelianenko vs Fujita back takes, where you stand over him in the turtle position, seatbelt, and pull him straight back.

I did it to him a couple times before and, he seemed cool with it though - maybe he was just biting his tongue on them occasions.

Last 10 seconds of the round, I pulled it tonight.
After the round, he told me nice a chilled, "take care about that - could be dangerous".

I acknowledge via, "you find that uncomfortable? No worries. Won't do it anymore".

We're cool.

But then he starts rambling - "you've pulled that shit before. It's not a fight - etc".
I can see the guy is pretty irate - which is not like him.
At least, I've never seen that side to him.

Bare in mind, I do most of my BJJ vid watching, via watching mma vids so - sometimes I do some shit that isn't tolerated in BJJ schools.
Previous to this, I used to hit the rape choke a lot - a guy mentioned it was illegal, which I didn't know - so immediately I stop doing it.
Previous to that, used to go for toe holds etc - then when I was told, cut that out immediately also.

So yeah - there is every possibility I genuinely irked the guy.

That being said - he raised it again after class, more cool this time telling me, "no worries just, again - it's not a fight. Just training".
I tell him, "no worries at all, thanks for letting me know".

But - he honestly seemed to be sulking, and his nose was clearly out of joint.

Here's the part that sounds weird.

I think he might be gay for me, on some level.
He's quite a bit older, and one or two things he's done in the past made me cautious but, I handle them like a normal dude - "watch your hand their bro - no worries" - shit like that, if things got awkward.

See, recently - if you follow my other threads, I've been doing serious rounds on the nightclub circuit - biznatches, etc.
It's possible he was frustrated, in "that" way - and although he may have been somewhat irked by the Fedor back take - it honestly felt like he was wanting to "son" me, to some degree also.
When I handled totally cool - he seemed to sulk.

It may suck, cause it's a small club, and there's not many dudes around my size (90kgs), which he is.

That being said - I'm currently living in a backwater, hill billy, cousin fucker town at the moment - and cannot fucking wait to bounce; this, and other shit - may act as a catalyst.

Anyways - any thoughts?

You know sometimes people are just weird. And the best thing to do is let them be weird.
Except the unwanted touching, prob would stay vigilante on that...

Sounds like you were pulling him straight back and possibly putting his knees in jeopardy. Pulling/pushing people directly backwards over their knees can be dangerous. It's the reason you always do hip bump sweeps from guard to the side, instead of going straight through your training partner (besides the fact that it's easier/works better, obv).

I think he was justified in asking you not to do it.

Have no idea what to say about the other shit though... If he gets your back and tries something dodgy, hopefully he's decent enough to at least give you a reach around while he does it. If he does, you should also return the favor. It's only polite.

Sounds like you were pulling him straight back and possibly putting his knees in jeopardy. Pulling/pushing people directly backwards over their knees can be dangerous. It's the reason you always do hip bump sweeps from guard to the side, instead of going straight through your training partner (besides the fact that it's easier/works better, obv).

I think he was justified in asking you not to do it.

Have no idea what to say about the other shit though... If he gets your back and tries something dodgy, hopefully he's decent enough to at least give you a reach around while he does it. If he does, you should also return the favor. It's only polite.

I'm not saying he wasn't justified in raising it and letting me know.

But you can let a dude know - with getting bitchy and making a thing about it.

"Llsten - I don't like that move - can you avoid it in future?
Cool".

Not like him getting bitchy bothered me but simply - it reflected badly on him, and it felt awkward as hell.

I'm not saying he wasn't justified in raising it and letting me know.

But you can let a dude know - with getting bitchy and making a thing about it.

"Llsten - I don't like that move - can you avoid it in future?
Cool".

Not like him getting bitchy bothered me but simply - it reflected badly on him, and it felt awkward as hell.

Yeah, I get that. I've had the same thing.

Discuss the issue. Resolve the issue. Let it go. Keep rolling.

Simple... But some dudes insist on sulking. Their loss, I guess.

Literally none of this happened.

Maybe the dude was just nervous on confronting what he perceived to be a dick (no pun intended) move to a training partner. No worries, just don’t do it again.

See, recently - if you follow my other threads, I've been doing serious rounds on the nightclub circuit - biznatches, etc.
It's possible he was frustrated, in "that" way ?

I don't follow your posts, and I have no idea what any of that means.

You say he's been totally level headed in 18 months of training with him, and you acknowledge that you pull some illegal techniques out of ignorance. The problem is likely you, don't you think?

He wants to touch you TS. I figured that out long before you talked about him possibility being gay.

It's the reason you always do hip bump sweeps from guard to the side, instead of going straight through your training partner (besides the fact that it's easier/works better, obv).
Huh?

i was in till the gay part...

I don't follow your posts, and I have no idea what any of that means.

You say he's been totally level headed in 18 months of training with him, and you acknowledge that you pull some illegal techniques out of ignorance. The problem is likely you, don't you think?

According to my description, yes.

But, there was a subtly to the situation, it's just - not how I would imagine that situation would be handled.

Maybe he got legitimately pissed and couldn't contain his bitching.

But, by example - one time before there was some awkward placing of hands, which I very calmly corrected - and there was a distinct minor eruption of anger/biznatching there also.

Just to put that in perspective - nobody has ever, in the history of my rolling, reacted with such direct, overt irateness toward me before.
Over something relatively so trivial?

What does any of this have to do with you pulling skanks at clubs?

Something's off with you. But if you are convinced he overreacted, just let it go and move on. No one here can help you.

(But keep in mind there's a chance you were a real dick and he has a right to be pissed. Either way, you've already apologized. So let it go and move on.)

What does any of this have to do with you pulling skanks at clubs?

Something's off with you. But if you are convinced he overreacted, just let it go and move on. No one here can help you.

(But keep in mind there's a chance you were a real dick and he has a right to be pissed. Either way, you've already apologized. So let it go and move on.)

Because - the reason I've been pulling more skanks at clubs, is the reason I've, I'd imagine, aggravated his latent homosexuality.

When I was on a dry streak there about 8 months ago, I never had this issue with the dude.

Let it go - I get it.

But I can't.

I have this sick compulsion to understand everything pertaining to every possible micro dynamic of every situation I encounter.

I have to know - was he exaggerating his legit (albeit small) beef about my dangerous back take, due to his aggravation in relation to a possible covert sex impetus?

Because - the reason I've been pulling more skanks at clubs, is the reason I've, I'd imagine, aggravated his latent homosexuality.

When I was on a dry streak there about 8 months ago, I never had this issue with the dude.

Let it go - I get it.

But I can't.

I have this sick compulsion to understand everything pertaining to every possible micro dynamic of every situation I encounter.

I have to know - was he exaggerating his legit (albeit small) beef about my dangerous back take, due to his aggravation in relation to a possible covert sex impetus?

One thing I've never bought is the logic that hating on people of the same sex is because you yourself are closeted gay, and/or struggling to cope with your homosexual feelings. I mean, when I was in 9th grade I had a math teacher who we used to make fun of, but it wasn't because I wanted to fuck him.

Last edited:
I get really pissed when someone pulls me straight back due to the risk to my knees so in training yeah he has a right to be fuming.

Pushing someone straight back over their knees / ankles can be dangerous to those joints. Going off to the side reduces that risk.

Same issue with the sweep OP did.
... yes, but that's not why you sweep to the side on a situp/hip bump sweep. You sweep to the side because that's the effective way to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back