ONE: LEGENDS OF THE WORLD. Champ versus Champ NOV 10th

November's gonna be fucking great for ONE as long as there aren't any injuries.

Two of their most popular, likable fighters taking part in the first champ-vs.-champ fight in ONE history (and I think there've only been a handful of other fights like that in a big promotion in the whole history of Asian shootfighting); the featherweight champion vs. the lightweight champion for the lightweight belt.

A legit openweight fight between the middleweight champion and a very dangerous, explosive, skilled heavyweight in the middleweight champion's home country.

Ben Askren's retirement fight against Japanese legend Shinya Aoki (that might sound like a little promote-y for some people, but, really, Aoki's accomplishments rank among the best in the entire history of the lightweight division-- VERY arguably top-5-- which makes him a Japanese legend in this sport.)

Mei Yamaguchi vs. Angela Lee II, which will hopefully be like the Kazuo Misaki vs. Jorge Santiago II for women's atomweight and surpass the first fight. And I'm hoping V.V wins this time.

And that's not going into all the other fights that'll be announced for these cards. I'm hoping they put Nobita Naito vs. Hayato Suzuki as the co-main on the Myanmar card, and Roy Doliguez gets to make a quick turnaround and fight on the Manila card.

November's gonna be fucking great for ONE as long as there aren't any injuries.

Two of their most popular, likable fighters taking part in the first champ-vs.-champ fight in ONE history (and I think there've only been a handful of other fights like that in a big promotion in the whole history of Asian shootfighting); the featherweight champion vs. the lightweight champion for the lightweight belt.

A legit openweight fight between the middleweight champion and a very dangerous, explosive, skilled heavyweight in the middleweight champion's home country.

Ben Askren's retirement fight against Japanese legend Shinya Aoki (that might sound like a little promote-y for some people, but, really, Aoki's accomplishments rank among the best in the entire history of the lightweight division-- VERY arguably top-5-- which makes him a Japanese legend in this sport.)

Mei Yamaguchi vs. Angela Lee II, which will hopefully be like the Kazuo Misaki vs. Jorge Santiago II for women's atomweight and surpass the first fight. And I'm hoping V.V wins this time.

And that's not going into all the other fights that'll be announced for these cards. I'm hoping they put Nobita Naito vs. Hayato Suzuki as the co-main on the Myanmar card, and Roy Doliguez gets to make a quick turnaround and fight on the Manila card.

Yes I am wanting to see more of Suzuki for sure he can be very good for ONE and givin his record and recent win in ONE deserves a shot.. I said it before in another thread and I will say it again. Marcin Rozalski has to fight Vera ...Vera usually fights in December but maybe go all out for that Askren -Aoki card in late November and get Vera - Rozalski on it that would be awesome.

Lol, I guess Martin Nguyen isn't fighting on that Vietnam fight card then. Don't be surprise if one fc cancels the Vietnam fight card again lol.

Lol, I guess Martin Nguyen isn't fighting on that Vietnam fight card then. Don't be surprise if one fc cancels the Vietnam fight card again lol.

The sport's ministry of the communist dictatorship in Vietnam has some very Luddite views on MMA and they're not letting them have an event there. You have to get the approval of the sport's ministry for anything related to athletic competition; Wushu's about the only combat sport there that you can compete in. I don't even think boxing's allowed in Vietnam. Arnaud Lepont lives and trains in Vietnam and he's even been helping ONE promote the event and handle a lot of the political yellow tape, and even he (who has more reasons to dislike ONE than just about anyone else) acknowledges that ONE's been trying hard to get into the region.
Considering all this, it's really silly to hold that against 'em. It's like saying, "ONE's event in North Korea got canceled. What a bunch of flakes."

The sport's ministry of the communist dictatorship in Vietnam has some very Luddite views on MMA and they're not letting them have an event there. You have to get the approval of the sport's ministry for anything related to athletic competition; Wushu's about the only combat sport there that you can compete in. I don't even think boxing's allowed in Vietnam. Arnaud Lepont lives and trains in Vietnam and he's even been helping ONE promote the event and handle a lot of the political yellow tape, and even he (who has more reasons to dislike ONE than just about anyone else) acknowledges that ONE's been trying hard to get into the region.
Considering all this, it's really silly to hold that against 'em. It's like saying, "ONE's event in North Korea got canceled. What a bunch of flakes."
Early 2017, one fc announced they were officially going to hold a event in Vietnam lol.

Early 2017, one fc announced they were officially going to hold a event in Vietnam lol.

And I'm saying there are extremely understandable reasons they weren't able to do that that even Arnaud Lepont can sympathize with, and considering that, it's really silly to hold that against 'em.

And I'm saying there are extremely understandable reasons they weren't able to do that that even Arnaud Lepont can sympathize with, and considering that, it's really silly to hold that against 'em.
Gg if the Vietnam fight card is actually officially canceled.

champ vs champ fight announcement and this guy can still come to complain about cancelling an unrelated card .

HatersGonnaHateYouShouldPotate.jpg

Back