One korean guy with a vide background in many styles

I'd actually love to learn som real Thai Chi Chen. Some of their push/pull principles reminds me a lot of Judo and I really like their throws and base building.

Some of the stuff they do in this video is very cool. Combining Thai Chi with Sanda and Chinese wrestling.

I forced my way through the aikido section but I had to stop the video when he got to systema.

I forced my way through the aikido section but I had to stop the video when he got to systema.

You should lessen your ego and be more open minded then. This guy displays an impressive knowledge about body mechanics. I can see the concepts being useful.

Also I respect the dude because the pasion and dedication he shows for martial arts.

You should lessen your ego and be more open minded then. This guy displays an impressive knowledge about body mechanics. I can see the concepts being useful.

Also I respect the dude because the pasion and dedication he shows for martial arts.

What the fuck are you talking about ego?

Aikido and systema are ridiculous scams. The aikido he was demonstrating has the exact same flaws that make the entire system useless; his partner was not resisting at all and just throwing himself to the ground at the slightest touch. He may be a legit martial artist, but it's in spite of those fraudulent styles, not because of.

I'd actually love to learn som real Thai Chi Chen. Some of their push/pull principles reminds me a lot of Judo and I really like their throws and base building.

Some of the stuff they do in this video is very cool. Combining Thai Chi with Sanda and Chinese wrestling.

Tai Chi's been my injured reserve and early morning workout starter go to for years. I'm not sure why people prefer Yoga for breathing, stretching and relaxation principles over TC. Maybe because it's so hard to find a high level authentic teacher?

I went back and learned all my Moo Duk Kwan and Taegeuk Poomsae with the Tai Chi tension/relaxation I had learned after leaving TKD when I was re habing from ruptured distal biceps tendon surgery. I did the TC form till I could fully straighten my arm, then added the TKD forms softly and ramped up the speed and intensity to re strengthen the tendon and joint.

After my upcoming hip surgery I'm going to b right back at the TC to rebuild the strength and flexibility starting with the stationary standing postures....Crap it's going to b a long road!

If you ever get to train with Tim Cartmell he's the real deal.

What the fuck are you talking about ego?

Aikido and systema are ridiculous scams. The aikido he was demonstrating has the exact same flaws that make the entire system useless; his partner was not resisting at all and just throwing himself to the ground at the slightest touch. He may be a legit martial artist, but it's in spite of those fraudulent styles, not because of.

Not everybody you will fight are Jose aldo with his takedown defense. In self defense against a normal person alot of different things will work just fine.

Tai Chi's been my injured reserve and early morning workout starter go to for years. I'm not sure why people prefer Yoga for breathing, stretching and relaxation principles over TC. Maybe because it's so hard to find a high level authentic teacher?

I went back and learned all my Moo Duk Kwan and Taegeuk Poomsae with the Tai Chi tension/relaxation I had learned after leaving TKD when I was re habing from ruptured distal biceps tendon surgery. I did the TC form till I could fully straighten my arm, then added the TKD forms softly and ramped up the speed and intensity to re strengthen the tendon and joint.

After my upcoming hip surgery I'm going to b right back at the TC to rebuild the strength and flexibility starting with the stationary standing postures....Crap it's going to b a long road!

If you ever get to train with Tim Cartmell he's the real deal.

Thanks man! I looked through some of his stuff and he seems very legit. The way he's blending it with BJJ and other grappling arts is masteful. Rare to see legit practice of TC. Especially the principles of weight transfer and standing grappling I'd like to learn. I wont be able to travel in any recent future, but I think I'll buy a few of his DVDs.

I didn't really like what I saw. Seemed like he jumped around too often before getting a real grasp on any one of those arts singularly.

Thanks man! I looked through some of his stuff and he seems very legit. The way he's blending it with BJJ and other grappling arts is masteful. Rare to see legit practice of TC. Especially the principles of weight transfer and standing grappling I'd like to learn. I wont be able to travel in any recent future, but I think I'll buy a few of his DVDs.
All I can say is from my experience and when I've come back from injuries and focused on body mechanics under a microscope my technique is cleaner and more efficient. Man I remember the first day of taking break fall Ukemi for a one of the turks I came up through the ranks with testing for brown belt. He was really careful on my right side, but all the low tension TC strength training I'd done really paid off. I made it to the NE regionals in july that year after surgery Dec 15th.

Bottom line is I think grappling arts at there essence are about the principle base of TC. Yielding to incoming force and re focusing it to your advantage. Tim takes both the TC and BJJ principles to their logical connection.

Can he stop a double leg doe?

Not everybody you will fight are Jose aldo with his takedown defense. In self defense against a normal person alot of different things will work just fine.

It's not whether or not aikido techniques are effective, it's that they train against not only compliant opponents, but even flopping opponents. How can you know if a throw works if they guy you're working with literally jumps into the air and slams himself the second you touch him.

Aikido was derived from a martial art, but it's intentionally had the effectiveness removed. If you want "real" aikido, do JJJ or aikijitsu.

Back