PBP ONE Fight Night 13: Allazov vs. Grigorian, Fri. 8/4, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins the ONE Featherweight Kickboxing title in the main event of ONE Fight Night 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Josh Thomson is a bellator commentator.
He is listed online as a OneFc commentator but I suppose that source could be wrong.

Screenshot_20230805_013735_Google.jpg

Honestly I don't pay much attention to the Commentators and usually watch One with the volume off because my wife is sleeping.

Figured the main would go this way - Chingiz going all out the first two round, gassing midway through the third and then avoiding the fight the last two rounds. But it was also on Marat to jump on him when he started to lose steam. He waited too long.

Can you really be the best kickboxer if you run the last two rounds?

Eersel >>>>> chingiz

The ONE cards on amazon have all delivered, way more than modern UFC. Every Amazon card has been good. Good fights, good stand up matches. Their bread and butter is the variety of stand up/striking match ups, very, very high level and high finish rate. The Thai Elite absolutely destroy, and put on bangers. The fact they use MMA gloves in their muay thai matches translates to a REAL game of chess with high stake violent consequences, or whatever the fuck joe rogan says. This is the real deal. Every Amazon card has a couple of high level striking match ups, that never fail. I implore all of you to check out a ONE card. Their Friday cards are surprisingly good as well. Just like the UFC, you never know who the fuck is fighting, but they fucking fight, go for it, and it ain't no Apex bullshit show.

Allazov did enough to win the first three rounds, Marat couldn't really find his rhythm and didn't do a good enough job to cut the ring off and hunt Chingiz down, in the 4th and 5th he started to and you could see Allazov not liking it and resorted to tie ups and basically avoiding the exchanges, but it was to late, 3-2 or 4-1 Allazov.

Juste finished watching the card.

What a comeback win for Elias. He was 100% agression from the start, Tabares was completely lost.
Kinda exposed One for giving him the title fight against Rodtang for his first fight in the organisation.

What a funny/akward HW bout. Not surprised that Buchecha didn't find success on his takedowns, Reug Reug coming from Senegalese wrestling. But he was already gassing mid first round and I was disappointed by his performance.
But Herb Dean performed even worse, Reug Reug grabbed gloves, short and other shit many times and he waited for the 3rd round to give him the yellow.

Tawanchai... Man I love watching this guy fight. An almost flawless performance, managing distance and kicking poor Kiria apart. Dude was mostly punching the air and juste found little success by the end of the second. Brutal finish with the broken arm.
His next fight against Superbon will be awesome.

Nice late finish KO by Lineker.

As for the ME I still don't understand what Marat's gameplan was. He was constantly going forward but with very little volume...
While Chingiz fighting of the back foot was outstriking him with nice combos and a tirelessly volume.
Grigorian found urgency in the last round but that was too late.
Still a great fight.

What a funny/akward HW bout. Not surprised that Buchecha didn't find success on his takedowns, Reug Reug coming from Senegalese wrestling. But he was already gassing mid first round and I was disappointed by his performance.
But Herb Dean performed even worse, Reug Reug grabbed gloves, short and other shit many times and he waited for the 3rd round to give him the yellow.
Buchecha didn't find success on his takedowns? He pulled guard to start the fight thinking he could sweep Reug Reug.

He did successfully take Kane down in 2 and 3. He lost the position in round 2 because of his bad armbar attempt, and he lost the position in round 3 because Herb Dean stood them up for Kane grabbing the shorts.

Thinking back on last night's card. I love watching ONE. I love striking and Muay Thai and kickboxing. The amazon prime productions are crystal clear visually. I've noticed this when they carry football too. State of the art HD quality. It's like you're at the event watching through clean glass.

Sometimes I turn the volume down or all the way off - I do that with a lot of mma productions. It's fun vibing how the fighters are working and trying to score fights without listening to anyone's commentary. I always turn up the volume for the walkouts as I enjoy the music both modern and ancient.

We have a laid back atmosphere in the play by play discussions. Pretty much everyone who participates has a good time. Credit all the participants and to @giovanni_ss for hosting these Friday fights on prime.

Anyone wanting to watch last night's card should find it easily for free via YouTube, am prime or the ONE home page. This organization makes viewing accessible.

I love the cultural aspects of Lumpini Stadium in Bangkok. These deeply entrenched values go back way longer that what is called mixed martial arts. Same goes for when they hold events in other locations. The warrior spirit Carrie's with them, with the emphasis being on respect, pageantry and tradition.

Thinking back on last night's card. I love watching ONE. I love striking and Muay Thai and kickboxing. The amazon prime productions are crystal clear visually. I've noticed this when they carry football too. State of the art HD quality. It's like you're at the event watching through clean glass.

Sometimes I turn the volume down or all the way off - I do that with a lot of mma productions. It's fun vibing how the fighters are working and trying to score fights without listening to anyone's commentary. I always turn up the volume for the walkouts as I enjoy the music both modern and ancient.

We have a laid back atmosphere in the play by play discussions. Pretty much everyone who participates has a good time. Credit all the participants and to @giovanni_ss for hosting these Friday fights on prime.

Anyone wanting to watch last night's card should find it easily for free via YouTube, am prime or the ONE home page. This organization makes viewing accessible.

I love the cultural aspects of Lumpini Stadium in Bangkok. These deeply entrenched values go back way longer that what is called mixed martial arts. Same goes for when they hold events in other locations. The warrior spirit Carrie's with them, with the emphasis being on respect, pageantry and tradition.
These ONE events have just been spectacular.

I'm so hooked on One FC. Hoping they stick around for a long while. Let the haters hate.

Davit Kiria's arm got destroyed. Yikes.

Ouch. Does anyone know what happened to jamal yusupov's leg in tawanchai's last fight was it broken aswell?
One thing is for sure tawanchai has massive legs. Like the bones in them are really thick.

Back