One FC's Mitch "The Dragon" Chilson is the worst commentator in the history of combat sports.

HootyMcBoob

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He would get fired from WWE for being too over the top.

The whole reason he gets paid is cuz' he's over-the-top. His take on what actually happens in the fights is pretty fair I think, though.

I wish it was just Franklin and Schiavello. That being said Mitch is pretty cool he can break down whats going on in there so he knows how to do his job.

Don't sleep on Gus Johnson. He has the worst call ever, Kimbo vs Seth. "Most incredible victory in the history of mma"

No single commentator in MMA is as annoying as the frequency by which MMA fans complain about them.

No single commentator in MMA is as annoying as the frequency by which MMA fans complain about them.
Can you honestly say that they are mostly good? I would say about 5 or so are actually good.

His voice is certainly the most irritating

I like his analysis and judgements, but he can be extremely over the top in his descriptions

Oh and his voice is annoying as hell

I like his analysis and judgements, but he can be extremely over the top in his descriptions

Oh and his voice is annoying as hell
His voice is certainly the most irritating

This is the main thing for me with Mitch. Being that over the top with a voice that bad is basically being Robin Black.

No one wants to be Robin Black.

You haven't listened to Juliana Pena then
I recently heard her and Gilbert Melendez call the English broadcast of Combate's Copa Combate card on NBC SN. I was entertained by it because it was a rare one-night tournament, but I didn't have high expectations for the broadcast team of a third grade MMA promotion on a third tier sports channel anyway, so I wasn't particularly bothered by it either. I just think that so many fans have such exaggerated and hyperbolic opinions about commentators that I can't take any of them seriously anymore.

Joe Warren was absolutely terrible that RIZIN card he commentated. Still nothing on Gus though but he is an honorable mention.

^^was preceded by the one guy going into the typical end of card breakdown and Chambers interrupting him with a big 'What the f*ck are you talking about?!?!"

Back