***ONE Championship Welterweight Champion, "Funky" Ben Askren SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for ONE Championship Welterweight Champion & former Bellator Welterweight champion, Ben Askren! He will answer your questions LIVE on SUNDAY the 21st of May at 7:00 PM EST. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Ben Askren is one of the very best Welterweights in the world & has long been touted as one of the best fighters outside of the UFC if not the best. Continuing to defend his crown under the ONE Championship organization, he will next be competing at ONE Championship: Dynasty of Heroes against Agilan Thani on May 26th in Singapore.

ONEFC-DynastyOfHeroes-v2-700x292px.jpg

Ben holds an undefeated pro MMA record of 15-0 that includes 4 TKOs/KOs, 4 submissions & 7 decisions. Earning most of his MMA fame in Bellator as one of their most dominant champions, Ben defended the belt 4 times. His notable wins include the likes of current & former Bellator champions, Douglas Lima & Andrey Koreshkov along with the likes of Jay Heiron, Karl Amoussou, Lyman Good, Nick Thompson, Dan Hornbuckle, Nobutatsu Suzuki, Ryan Thomas(x2), Nikolay Aleksakhin & Bakhtiyar Abbasov.

Ben is primarily known for his incredible wrestling skills. Which makes sense. Similar to Demian Maia, all of his opponents know exactly what he's going to do...yet just can't seem to find a way to stop it. Ben's wrestling accomplishment include the following:

u974fsV.png

h9Byqdl.png

jG1WdWt.png

z5bgkA4.png

Ben_Askren-hero-1200x1165.jpg

Follow him here:

Twitter: @Benaskren
Instagram: benaskren

Facebook: Ben Askren

Last edited by a moderator:
Nate I think I will be done fighting when my contract is up.

Hey Ben, big fan here.

What do you do for strength and conditioning?

I wish you best of luck in you upcoming fight.

I think Strength and Conditioning is super important... However should not be placed in front of learning real skills, especially when you are younger.

Hello Mr. Askren. Big fan.

Please comment on Bisping running from the Cuban Missile, Yoel Romero.

Hello Mr. Askren. Big fan.

Please comment on Bisping running from the Cuban Missile, Yoel Romero.

I have no idea what he is doing? The GSP thing at MW was shennanigans. Bisping needs to fight Romero ASAP.

Hello Ben, I'm not really a fan but that's cause I haven't seen you fight in years :D

welcome to sherdog

Q: who would you say was the best grappler you've ever rolled with ? and what impressed you about their grappling specifically

Speaking of your contract expiring... When is it up? I think it's one of MMA's biggest travesty's that we haven't got to see you in the UFC. I will never forgive Dana for not signing you.

Hey Ben, big fan here.

What do you do for strength and conditioning?

I wish you best of luck in you upcoming fight.

Misread your post lol. I have a personal coach and we do a lot of crossfit type of stuff. I think that the high intensity stuff is perfect for MMA.

Speaking of your contract expiring... When is it up? I think it's one of MMA's biggest travesty's that we haven't got to see you in the UFC. I will never forgive Dana for not signing you.

Dana is a douche and he can't help it. I am signed to the end of the year, but not certain I will continue fighting afterwards.

Hey Ben,

If you could pick any opponent to fight in your weight class, who would it be and why?

Huge fan here Ben! Anyone that comes out to Parliament is A-OK in my book! Keep Funkin' them up!

Hello Ben, I'm not really a fan but that's cause I haven't seen you fight in years :D

welcome to sherdog

Q: who would you say was the best grappler you've ever rolled with ? and what impressed you about their grappling specifically

Marcelo and it isn't really even close. I have rolled with A LOT of other really high level people, but he was on another planet.

Ben do you regret signing with OneFC or do you still feel it was the right decision?

Why the uncertainty if you don't mind me asking? Just been competing for so long that you think it could be time?

After a fight, what is your go to cheat meal?

Nothing too exciting, probably some Pizza and Ice Cream. I used to gorge myself after wrestling season in college. I got really fat a few summers. After that I grew out of it, I rarely get above 190 now even when I am eating a lot.

First off thanks to the best damn welterweight alive for taking time to do this.

1. Any chance you end up coaching in college someday?

2. How does a challenger (Sapo) keep getting fights for an org when he is scared to sign up for a rematch?

3. In the past you called Ruth the top wrestling prospect of the ncaa class; and had Tony Ramos as a likely cross over.

Who do you see most likely from last years ncaa class to make an impact? Any chance J'den Cox fights one day?

4. Excited that FloCombat is airing the upcoming ONE ppv. How big if a hand did you have in that? Is Flo going to continue to show ONE events?

5. Are you going to be as excited for Pence ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back