ONE Championship raises $100 million

They do not own 51% of EVERY business that does work in China. I do understand in some cases they do.

I have no ideal what ONE FC deal is with China.

In 2007 I came really close to working for a company that was liaison for other multi-national companies trying to get into China. The company helped FOX get into China and set them up for the filming of Survivor.

My contact was a senior partner of a multi-national business that's headquartered out of Beijing. She used to live in Toronto and was an acquaintance. With this media company the government official would send a representative to basically oversee what was going on and occasionally pitch ideas. From what she told me he wasn't interfering or running the company like one would expect of a majority owner; only overseeing. Now that was their business. No idea if it was just the representative or how the government chose to run things. But as it was explained to me, the government owns the business.

Maybe a hot dog vendor has more control, but not a larger business - especially coming from a foreign country.

Back