ONE Championship Just Pulled 25 Million Viewers

every fighter that fought in the tournament is a better fighter than the ones you listed that didn't make it in, and Sergei is an alternate. So...what the fuck are you bitching about?

Bellator has consistently put on good fights and good cards over the last 8 months or so and improved their product along the way.

Lol at saying you want a real HW tourney and then mention Bobby Lashley, who's never had a fight against a top 20 fighter in his career.

MMA fans are a stupid bunch.
The fighter roster is not the problem. The end product COULD be better if it was on showtime or hbo. I tried watching on DAZN and the stream was awful. UFC on fox has struggled the same way. As bad as DAZN is it is a step in the right direction for the promotion. Take a look at pride. The creators and staff had more control over the end product.

I'm always skeptical of any MMA numbers/news out that part of the world. Rarely does any of it ever live up to the rumor in the end.

One Championship is doing good things it seems but at the same time they are more or less going after the cheap pop. I'm not sure how long you can sustain that. At some point the fighters have to grow with the what the fans perceived as high level MMA. Outside of a few guys the roster is very raw at best. Fans of sports usually seek out the best the sport has to offer and rarely settle for middle of the road showing of the product. Who know where ONE will be a few years from now but from a talent level not a lot has changed over the last two years or so. Getting a decent signing once every 8 months isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

P.S.: Anyone that thinks Coker is heavily responsible for the DAZN deal is just crazy. Bellator was in the right place at the right time is about all there is to it. Ever since they(Viacom/Spike) bought Bellator the goal was to get better fighters and move away from the heavy tournament format. So regardless what face of the org was in front of the cameras the execs would've been going after the same guys. Sure, Coker has something to do with some of the signings but at the same time if your not fighting in the UFC chances are the best org to make the most money in will be Bellator for most guys, basically be default.

He's right when it comes to the 'Heavyweight' Grand Prix. 4 LHW in a Heavyweight grand prix is a joke.

I like all those guys but he sat out real big HW's for LHW's, it's a joke really.
It is an OWGP. But that is technically against the law I the States, so they made it under the guise of a HWGP. Pretty simple.

They’ve had one fight. By that standard, UFC’s women’s featherweight division is stacked.

Victor Cui? He’s still around. He was loudest and most apparent when Chatri was trying to be a shadow commander. Now that Chatri has gone public, he’s taken over most public duties, but Cui still hyped up the fighters in the promo videos.
Thanks. I hadn't seen nor heard anything from that guy in so long, I figured he moved on. I went a few years without keeping up regularly with ONE though. Would check results, watch the odd fight here and there, but didn't really stay involved for quite a while.

I'm always skeptical of any MMA numbers/news out that part of the world. Rarely does any of it ever live up to the rumor in the end.

One Championship is doing good things it seems but at the same time they are more or less going after the cheap pop. I'm not sure how long you can sustain that. At some point the fighters have to grow with the what the fans perceived as high level MMA. Outside of a few guys the roster is very raw at best. Fans of sports usually seek out the best the sport has to offer and rarely settle for middle of the road showing of the product. Who know where ONE will be a few years from now but from a talent level not a lot has changed over the last two years or so. Getting a decent signing once every 8 months isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

P.S.: Anyone that thinks Coker is heavily responsible for the DAZN deal is just crazy. Bellator was in the right place at the right time is about all there is to it. Ever since they(Viacom/Spike) bought Bellator the goal was to get better fighters and move away from the heavy tournament format. So regardless what face of the org was in front of the cameras the execs would've been going after the same guys. Sure, Coker has something to do with some of the signings but at the same time if your not fighting in the UFC chances are the best org to make the most money in will be Bellator for most guys, basically be default.

ONE started in 2011, so the “cheap pop” as you like to call it, seems to be a pretty good business model for them. Considering the UFC does the same thing outside the U.S, it seems like a damn good business model.

Honestly, I see your idea of “fans seek out the best a sport has to offer and rarely settle for the middle of the road” as a narrow minded, hardcore fan’s view. I can think of numerous examples, in both team and individual sports. Most college sports fans not only never attend the school they cheer for, they might not even live in the same state; yet the cheer for their college team year after year, no matter the ups and downs. Local team sports? Same thing. Many Olympic sports might flounder in any particular country, until the suddenly have a real contender, and suddenly that sport goes on the rise in that country. (Ex: curling was very rare in South Korea until this past Olympics. Now it has surged in popularity)

The majority of fans who attend events or watch on tv/streams are not hardcore fans, they’re casuals. Most casuals want familiarity. It’s much easier to get behind a local fighter, or a fighter from their home country, than it is for some guy they never heard of before and have little to nothing in common with. People on forums like this love to deride patriotism and national pride, but that rarely reflects reality. Fans get behind “their” guys, and cheer for them to be the best.

That’s reality, especially in Asia/S.E. Asia, where nationality and ethnicity are most often one and the same.

Source: Forbes

Promoting boxing was pure genius for ONE, and especially getting the SE Asian World Champion from Thailand on their roster. Even while most people tuned in for the boxing match, other forms of martial arts got enormous exposure, and this is only a boon for ONE.

They're doing things the right way, by becoming a martial arts org and not just an MMA org. The ceiling is high, and they're going to grow in popularity more and more, whether they break into the Western market or not.

Some believe you need exposure in the States to be legitimate, and it simply isn't true (re: PRIDE). The market ONE is growing a lock on dwarfs the American market, and is a market the UFC has been unable to successfully break into (which is why they rarely hold shows there). With ONE ready to bust into the Japanese market, we are going to witness some exciting shit in the near future.

Bellator is taking a similar approach, and is obviously studying ONE's game, by breaking into the European market, and claiming a portion of the world that the UFC doesn't have locked down.

I, for one, hope they both succeed in becoming global competitors to the UFC.

Good moves by ONE. They are pulling in great numbers. KSW also pulls huge numbers in Poland.

Bitch boy I fucking answered your dumbass question by saying he's a awful promoter. But since you want to be a total dumb bitch boy, I fucked your wife as you watched. As a matter of fact, as she was sucking my bbc, she looked at you and said to you, this is what a real man's c_ _k look like."
Lmao it took you three days to come up with that?

Might hurt my feelings (it wouldn't) if I were actually married.

You don't need to front though, the guy in your AV is screaming "I HAVE A TINY DICK!!!"

Good moves by ONE. They are pulling in great numbers. KSW also pulls huge numbers in Poland.
They both have bright futures, and will be kings of their domains. KSW is creating homegrown stars that are legitimate talents.

They both have bright futures, and will be kings of their domains. KSW is creating homegrown stars that are legitimate talents.

Yeah, I like what both orgs. are doing. I like that ONE now uses a ring. I wish KSW would go back to their ring.

Yeah, I like what both orgs. are doing. I like that ONE now uses a ring. I wish KSW would go back to their ring.
The cage is overrated. It caters to specific styles. Ring is closer to what a real fight should have. Rogan always caught shit for saying fights should take place on a football field, he wasn't wrong though.

The cage is overrated. It caters to specific styles. Ring is closer to what a real fight should have. Rogan always caught shit for saying fights should take place on a football field, he wasn't wrong though.
So does the ring.

So does the ring.
In a sense, but in reality it removes the whole "put them against the cage narrative and constant wall and stall. The ring, and resets, makes it closer to what it should be.

In a sense, but in reality it removes the whole "put them against the cage narrative and constant wall and stall. The ring, and resets, makes it closer to what it should be.
Yeah, because a real fight should have constant resets by a referee, and a whole team of guys dedicated to keeping fighters from falling off a raised platform. Not to mention ever street fight ever concludes with someone trapping their opponent into a corner.

All I’m gonna say on this matter, because every argument of ring vs cage devolves into each side only mention the upsides to their argument, while never acknowledging their own side’s demerits.

Yeah, because a real fight should have constant resets by a referee, and a whole team of guys dedicated to keeping fighters from falling off a raised platform. Not to mention ever street fight ever concludes with someone trapping their opponent into a corner.

All I’m gonna say on this matter, because every argument of ring vs cage devolves into each side only mention the upsides to their argument, while never acknowledging their own side’s demerits.

I like ring and cage in the sport. It adds diversity to MMA which is a good thing. I like the differences between the two. Ring is better for strikers. Cage is better for grapplers. Both have their place in the sport.

The logic is lost on a lot of people. A reset puts the fight back into the center, in an open space, where the fight should happen. Think of it like a TMA match, where if someone goes outside of the boundaries, they reset in the middle. Or a wrestling match. It makes way more sense for a fight to happen in an open space than along the side of a barrier.

I like ring and cage in the sport. It adds diversity to MMA which is a good thing. I like the differences between the two. Ring is better for strikers. Cage is better for grapplers. Both have their place in the sport.
Common misconception. Both have their ups and downs for both styles.

The logic is lost on a lot of people. A reset puts the fight back into the center, in an open space, where the fight should happen. Think of it like a TMA match, where if someone goes outside of the boundaries, they reset in the middle. Or a wrestling match. It makes way more sense for a fight to happen in an open space than along the side of a barrier.
The reset actually kills the flow of a fight. It looks awkward, and shouldn’t have to happen anyway. The cage lets the fight continue, because you’re not at risk of falling out of the ring or getting tangled in the ropes.

Back