ONE Championship Just Pulled 25 Million Viewers

they are counting twitter and facebook now in their views?

Forbes is known to shill for ONE, any article about ONE on there is paid for PR

I know, but Forbes is more legit than BJPenn.com. This info was reported by multiple sites. It isn't a stretch either. The boxing champ defending in the main event and five other Thai fighters on the card makes it sound very legit.

This reads like a ONE press release. Probably same article in multiple media sources. Let me guess, one of the other sites is The Straights Times?

This reads like a ONE press release. Probably same article in multiple media sources. Let me guess, one of the other sites is The Straights Times?
Not that I am aware of. Nielsen was part of the equation though, and they won't shill their numbers.

Remember when Dana announced Zuffa boxing?
<Dany07>

ONE already has a viable and profitable boxing division along with muay thai.

<Dany07>

Whatever happened to Asian Dana? I'm guessing he must have quit working for ONE? Shame. Asian Dana was a hell of a name.

<Dany07>

Yes but how much did they actually make from the event an broadcast of it. I dislike Dana White but he has been successfully at building a brand and a system.

Zuffa Boxing was going to sign some stronger contenders and build them under Zuffa business. I did not think they were going to put these events on during UFC programming.

I thought they were going to bring fighters out during events to pitch their fights.

Yes but how much did they actually make from the event an broadcast of it. I dislike Dana White but he has been successfully at building a brand and a system.

Zuffa Boxing was going to sign some stronger contenders and build them under Zuffa business. I did not think they were going to put these events on during UFC programming.

I thought they were going to bring fighters out during events to pitch their fights.
They hold the TV viewing record for Thailand now, at 58.5% share rating, so I'm sure they made a few bucks.

every fighter that fought in the tournament is a better fighter than the ones you listed that didn't make it in, and Sergei is an alternate. So...what the fuck are you bitching about?

Bellator has consistently put on good fights and good cards over the last 8 months or so and improved their product along the way.

Lol at saying you want a real HW tourney and then mention Bobby Lashley, who's never had a fight against a top 20 fighter in his career.

MMA fans are a stupid bunch.
Man STFU with that nonsense. The fighters in the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament aren't all better than Kongo, who beat Mitrione, and Justin Wren, and Bobby Lashley and Sergei Kharitonov. You're just typing crap because you want to ride Bellator's nuts.

Justin Wren has literally no chance of becoming a star. Ever. Lashley is old, can only wrestle, and wants more money than he is worth, hence he pro wrestles. He is also signed to WWE and they're not gonna let him fight like they will Brock, bc they don't get Ronda and Cain like they do from UFC. Kongo could have been in the tourney, but doesn't have anywhere close to the name the actual fighters in the tourney have (bc, you know, they're trying to build an audience). Sergei literally has no name value in the States.

They are using names that are familiar to the audience they already have on Paramount, formerly Spike. Hence TUF (on Spike for years) alums Bader and Meathead. Chael has a name on his own. Rampage does too and was a TUF coach. Fedor had an entire Breakfast With Fedor New Years Special on Spike.

Again, your logic is terrible.
Bobby Lashley's Bellator contract supersedes his WWE contract. Both parties have publicly admitted to that. Justin Wren like any fighter can become a star if only given the format and Coker has denied given him fights. And the ratings have been atrocious because the names are over the hill and people recognize it and aren't tuning in.

So that means Coker can't build stars. Everyone is a nobody until a promoter gives them a chance then they become somebodies that people like you all of a sudden wants to watch. So having no Bobby Lashley, no Cheick Kongo, no Justin Wren, and no Sergei Kharitonov in a Bellator Heavyweight Tournament makes zero sense and the results have proven that to be the case.

Lashley is wwe wrasslin

Kongo boring but should have been in tourney

Wren is still getting back into fight shape hence him being fed unknowns. He hasn't earned a ranking spot let alone a spot in the tourney.

Kharitinov lost his gp qualifier to javy ayala in brutal fashion......after beating big cuntry I'd be ok with alternate tho.

<Dany07>

They’ve had one fight. By that standard, UFC’s women’s featherweight division is stacked.

Whatever happened to Asian Dana? I'm guessing he must have quit working for ONE? Shame. Asian Dana was a hell of a name.

Victor Cui? He’s still around. He was loudest and most apparent when Chatri was trying to be a shadow commander. Now that Chatri has gone public, he’s taken over most public duties, but Cui still hyped up the fighters in the promo videos.

They’ve had one fight. By that standard, UFC’s women’s featherweight division is stacked.
They started with Muay Thai and have held several events with that. My trainer fought in one.

They started with Muay Thai and have held several events with that. My trainer fought in one.
Muay Thai is not boxing. They’ve had one boxing match. Hardly viable.

And Scott Coker can't pull 500,000 average live viewers for Bellator.

You're comparing worldwide numbers including all forms media to specifically American viewers on the Paramount cable network.

Muay Thai is not boxing. They’ve had one boxing match. Hardly viable.
Yes, but an MMA org holding sanctioned MT matches was a big step and from there transitioning to boxing is merely a formality. With the wealth of boxing talent in Asia (and Japan in particular) right now, ONE's boxing is poised for huge growth.

I asked him in another thread if Coker fucked his wife. As of now, still no response. As each minute goes by, I feel more and more like it's a yes.
well shit if coker fucked my wife id have to look myself in the mirror and seriously think about some things

Literally no one but you and Justin Wren wants Justin Wren in that tourney, and your logic is backwards and makes no sense and plain sucks.

"Coker can't get an audience! RARW!!! Where the fuck is Justin Wren to bring in the viewers?!?! GRRRR!!!!"

GTFO with this dumb shit.

He's right when it comes to the 'Heavyweight' Grand Prix. 4 LHW in a Heavyweight grand prix is a joke.

I like all those guys but he sat out real big HW's for LHW's, it's a joke really.

Back