One Championship Japan March 2019

Can they borrow Gomi for Shinya to whoop his ass?

Hopefully this brings out the best in Rizin, and vice versa. Competition in Japan could be a good thing.

ONE slowly but surely... ONE is here to stay I love it and the new SuperSeries is great

Rizin in trouble if Tenshin flips obviously. Wish we get rizin vs One card would be cool.

I have a feeling Rizin will fold in no time.
Strong possibility, but it won’t be because of ONE holding a press conference, announcing an event, then quietly deleting it from their website later when it falls through like always.

If Rizin falls, it will be because they’re not making money, and Fuji drops them.

Would be huge for ONE if they could sign Tenshin.

If Tenshin has joined Evolve then he's coming to ONE for sure...they have the same owner.
Only question is whether he will still fight for Rizin.

ONE has not been very open to sharing fighters with the exception being Aoki who was a very early signing.

Strong possibility, but it won’t be because of ONE holding a press conference, announcing an event, then quietly deleting it from their website later when it falls through like always.

If Rizin falls, it will be because they’re not making money, and Fuji drops them.

They don't typically have press conferences for events they brush under the rug (extenuating circumstances notwithstanding). They have a strong pool of kickboxers to choose from, though, and they can probably work that into an exciting one-night tournament, like the Dynamite!! days.
Getting a gimmicky-enough main-event that'll be cost-effective but draw attention is the real problem, though, because Sakuraba-Aoki already happened...
Are there any notable Cruiserweight and Heavyweight kickboxers in Japan, including foreigners? I'm trying to think of guys Brandon Vera could fight in a kickboxing tournament (if he loses, they can just say "it's not his sport" and it happened off-shore at least, and if he wins he'll be even bigger in the Philippines).

They don't typically have press conferences for events they brush under the rug (extenuating circumstances notwithstanding). They have a strong pool of kickboxers to choose from, though, and they can probably work that into an exciting one-night tournament, like the Dynamite!! days.
Getting a gimmicky-enough main-event that'll be cost-effective but draw attention is the real problem, though, because Sakuraba-Aoki already happened...
Are there any notable Cruiserweight and Heavyweight kickboxers in Japan, including foreigners? I'm trying to think of guys Brandon Vera could fight in a kickboxing tournament (if he loses, they can just say "it's not his sport" and it happened off-shore at least, and if he wins he'll be even bigger in the Philippines).
A foreign HW kickboxer vs Brandon Vera is your Japan debut main event?

Oh lawd....

Bring Fedor, Crocop and Sandy in Japan and everything will be a success for ONE.

ONE doesn't need Yakuza money. SEA money is very different LOL.

I don't necessarily mean the money. I was thinking more along the lines of ONE executives not committing suicide in hotel rooms during their stay in Japan.

Haven't really watched One since the banned soccer kicks :(

who would watch that :confused:

A foreign HW kickboxer vs Brandon Vera is your Japan debut main event?

Oh lawd....

They were two separate thoughts, I didn't say put Vera in the main-event. And with all of the kickboxers and Muay Thai fighters ONE have already signed, it's very likely they're planning a one-night tournament for their Japan show.

No way ONE can succeed in Japan.

They already have Aoki and Bibiano, and a good crop of other Japanese fighters, including arguably the best pound-for-pound Japanese fighter in the world right now in Nobita Naito. RIZIN didn't start with much more than that; did the attention Fedor brought with his comeback really offset his pricetag? Having Tenshin fight in a one-off will probably be cheaper and better in the long-term.

who would watch that :confused:

Lotsa people.
A kickboxing tournament with Vera is really that insane of an idea? Maybe not in Japan, but if they're looking to beef up their Japan show, if Vera wants to try kickboxing and if they all would rather not risk Vera losing in the Philippines, adding him to the show's something they could do.
If he wasn't one of the people that are gonna be at the press conference, along with Aoki and Bibiano, I wouldn't have brought him up.

Back