One Championship Finances

Cue Chatri Facebook rant about honorable bushido warriors reaching potentially billions.

But really this isn't a surprise for people that have paid attention to ONE. It's a front business propped up by venture capitalists, it survives just by receiving large funds, not by being profitable.

Thanks for sharing.

Shocked so much of their money goes into marketing...…

…..says no one who has paid attention to them.

They raised a 110 million USD and already burned through 70 million, as of 2017.

Now they raised another 120 million USD. I'm sure they burned another 20 million too.

I have wanted for years for there to be a competitor to the UFC, ever since PRIDE died. I thought Strikeforce was going to be the one, but when their partner pulled out Coker was forced to sell his stake with it. Bellator and ONE however, I have absolutely zero faith in. In fact, I don't even like them. And it's pretty clear neither of these companies will make it to 2030. Question is which one makes it to 2025, it won't be both I'll tell you that.

Last edited:
Blows my mind that they keep selling shares yet it also says no dividends have been paid on record to date. Backroom bonuses? :confused:

Blows my mind that they keep selling shares yet it also says no dividends have been paid on record to date. Backroom bonuses? :confused:
I don't think they'd risk it. One of their biggest financial backers is the Singaporean government's own state managed hedge fund. They caned a guy for graffiti, what would they do to a guy who embezzled state funds?

OTOH, notice how two Cayman Island groups are mentioned....

One is doomed to fail.

There is no chance that One could breaking into big easten asian markets. There is huge cultrue barrier between easten asia and southen asia, most easten asian people look down upon southern asian people & cultrue. One has been trying to build up bussiness in China for a few years with little success.

Shocked at how little their gate revenue is. 1 mill for the entire year.

Dont they brag about all these tickets they sell. Doesnt mean much if you are giving them away for nothing.

One FC may be huge in south-east asia, but it doesn't really matter when most of the people there have a shitty income and other problems.

Great article! Thanks for sharing!

Total Accumulated Losses by Year

2015: 37,960,648
2016: 58,243,114
2017: 92,580,720

Holy :eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!

But this is in Singapore dollars. 1 singapore = 0.73 US dollars.

For reference, Zuffa was 44 milion in the hole before TUF turned it around. IFL was 31 milion and Pro XC was 87 milion in defecit before those orgs closed.

I don't think they'd risk it. One of their biggest financial backers is the Singaporean government's own state managed hedge fund. They caned a guy for graffiti, what would they do to a guy who embezzled state funds?

Caning is actually a pretty minor and efficient punishment, objectively speaking. Putting people in prison for months or years costs everyone money, the government, the person and his family. Singapore's been doing that for years to people for minor offenses.

Great article! Thanks for sharing!

Holy :eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!

But this is in Singapore dollars. 1 singapore = 0.73 US dollars.

For reference, Zuffa was 44 milion in the hole before TUF turned it around. IFL was 31 milion and Pro XC was 87 milion in defecit before those orgs closed.

Also factor in that wages and cost of goods in the US are higher than in Southeast Asia. ONE has been burning crazy money.

Embezzling state funds you say?

3000.jpg

Too much invested in marketing towards people from Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and Thailand.

In one of Chatri earlier interviews he states he wanted to make a "Manny Pacquiao" of each SEA country. A "sporting idol" if you will. Someone the whole country would rally behind. With a population of 641,775,797, that kind kind of audience could generate a lot of money.

Too much invested in marketing towards people from Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and Thailand.

In one of Chatri earlier interviews he states he wanted to make a "Manny Pacquiao" of each SEA country. A "sporting idol" if you will. Someone the whole country would rally behind. With a population of 641,775,797, that kind kind of audience could generate a lot of money.

Needs to drop Myanmar and concentrate on the rest. This reads like insanity though.

Needs to drop Myanmar and concentrate on the rest. This reads like insanity though.
More like drop all of them. Honestly, who wants to watch some Japanese fighter murder some Indonesian fighter in 30 secs? they should be focusing on places with potential (Philippines, China, Kazakhstan) alongside places with proven talent (Japan, Korea, Russia)

Caning is actually a pretty minor and efficient punishment, objectively speaking. Putting people in prison for months or years costs everyone money, the government, the person and his family. Singapore's been doing that for years to people for minor offenses.
Lol. Depends on what you consider minor.

The worst part of it all is a very little of there cost actually goes to fighters or at least I would assume so since very few have any name value or pedigree to deserve massive paydays.

What that article shows is unsustainable. Yes they see some growth each year but they also go more in debt each year. Basically tells you there per a customer/viewership acquisition costs are through the roof with no end in sight.

The worst part of it all is a very little of there cost actually goes to fighters or at least I would assume so since very few have any name value or pedigree to deserve massive paydays.

What that article shows is unsustainable. Yes they see some growth each year but they also go more in debt each year. Basically tells you there per a customer/viewership acquisition costs are through the roof with no end in sight.
I think fighter pay is covered under even production which shows very little of the money is going to fighters. They're not focused on getting the best fighters but on marketing and administrative costs.

Back