Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

I absolutely hate the K-1 refs and that stupid clinch rule. NOOOO THE CLINCHIIING!!!

They put in the rule to make fights flow better but that isn't the case when you have a crybaby ref constantly interfering with a frustrated look on his face.
to think that even with it they take way less points than Glory, its sad...

one day i am going to do a glory shitty ref and decisions statistics, we need numbers and how often they are making shit in this recent years also

Hi Glory. Romania #1. Do event in Romania Ghita and Morosanu sell out a stadium np.
Sorry for continued off topic...

Here's a picture of Yod to get back on topic, surely.
WPKjpwq.jpg

Sherdog is 100% responsible for Glory signing Petchpanomrung, probably.
Lol, i’m not so sure about that to be honest. I’d expect some of their contacts in thailand recommended Petpanomrung. I can’t recall anyone saying Glory should sign him but i could be wrong. I think some people were mentioning Sittichai as the future of kickboxing before he got signed though.

Now if they ever sign Tawanchai, i’ll know that’s because of me lol

Lol, i’m not so sure about that to be honest. I’d expect some of their contacts in thailand recommended Petpanomrung. I can’t recall anyone saying Glory should sign him but i could be wrong. I think some people were mentioning Sittichai as the future of kickboxing before he got signed though.

Now if they ever sign Tawanchai, i’ll know that’s because of me lol
I brought up Petch before he was signed to Glory. Thought he had a good style for kb. I also took a huge L when I mentioned Thongchai in kb which obviously didnt work out. Then again Thongchai fights for sitsongpeenong so I think through that connection he got signed.

Me and I think a few others on here have also brought up Yodwicha, yodsanklai before he signed with onefc and Rittewada. Apparently Yods team didn't want him in Glory because of some of the robberies they've seen.

I brought up Petch before he was signed to Glory. Thought he had a good style for kb. I also took a huge L when I mentioned Thongchai in kb which obviously didnt work out. Then again Thongchai fights for sitsongpeenong so I think through that connection he got signed.

Me and I think a few others on here have also brought up Yodwicha, yodsanklai before he signed with onefc and Rittewada. Apparently Yods team didn't want him in Glory because of some of the robberies they've seen.
Yeah but there weren't any big talks about him really. I remember you wanted to see him on the international scene and i think Coca said he would do pretty well in boxing if he tried. Not like that was an overwhelming theme here that people from Glory might have picked up on.

I absolutely hate the K-1 refs and that stupid clinch rule. NOOOO THE CLINCHIIING!!!

It's actually worse when you forbid being active in the clinch, as now fighters use the clinch to get the fight stopped and reset when their opponent gets close to them or they need a rest. It reminds me of how Klitschko abused that in Boxing.

At least when you allow the "active clinch" where you can land strikes and throw fighters are less likely to just carelessly clinch to get the fight stopped and reset.

One of my friend who doesn't normally watch KB pointed out at how many times it goes "BREAK, FIGHT", "BREAK, FIGHT" every few seconds because the fighters just hold each other when getting close to each other, like they both move forward and throw a punch and cinch right away quite often, and he said that at least MMA is more viewer friendly because the referee doesn't have to get involved that much all the time.

One of my friend who doesn't normally watch KB pointed out at how many times it goes "BREAK, FIGHT", "BREAK, FIGHT" every few seconds because the fighters just hold each other when getting close to each other, like they both move forward and throw a punch and cinch right away quite often, and he said that at least MMA is more viewer friendly because the referee doesn't have to get involved that much all the time.
This is terrible yea :(

Yep, these clinch heavy fights with constant breaks are pretty much the reason MMA-only fans can't get into KB (also why i prefer MMA), my younger brother gave GLORY a few chances but fights like Petch-KvN sent him away quick enough :oops:
I think GLORY has the best rule/approach in regard to the clinch, their refs just need to be more punitive and harsh with the warnings.

It's actually worse when you forbid being active in the clinch, as now fighters use the clinch to get the fight stopped and reset when their opponent gets close to them or they need a rest. It reminds me of how Klitschko abused that in Boxing.

At least when you allow the "active clinch" where you can land strikes and throw fighters are less likely to just carelessly clinch to get the fight stopped and reset.

Reminds me of this fight:

God it was so frustrating to watch at points

I think GLORY has the best rule/approach in regard to the clinch, their refs just need to be more punitive and harsh with the warnings.
They actually are, but their inconsistent. If they actually let the guys use the three seconds that the rules allow you'll see guys fighting out of the clinch more often before the ref has to step in. When they continue to jump in immediately it ruins the flow then the fight just becomes a big mess. They also take points when it's not justified and let clinching go on when it should be intervened. Just inconsistent, which comes back to a prior discussion about their lack of quality referees.

I like Kunlun's approach the best but their reffing on this issue is fairly inconsistent as well.

The shittiest reffed fight I have seen in recent memory is Glunder VS Kido. The ref just let Kido broke the rule repeatedly and kneed the crap out of Glunder, but when Glunder retaliated he got DQed. How could K-1 refs stay terrible for over 2 decades is beyond my understanding.

The shittiest reffed fight I have seen in recent memory is Glunder VS Kido. The ref just let Kido broke the rule repeatedly and kneed the crap out of Glunder, but when Glunder retaliated he got DQed. How could K-1 refs stay terrible for over 2 decades is beyond my understanding.

That wasn't just shit and terrible, that was a completely biased ref who didn't even try to hide his bias and just wanted his countryman to win. He basically gave warning after warning to Glunder and disqualified him without real reasons. Shocking stuff that was.

Yod vs Souwer in Japan on 31 March

This is fucking fantastic. I'm having more faith in ONE to make great match-ups.

The first fight DOMINATED the forums back then. The drama leading up to it, the fugazy backstage tactics, the controversial scoring and the overall quality of the fight and the level of those guys at that time.

Sounds like this is going to be Kickboxing rules. Makes no difference, Yod is looking a lot more dangerous than Souwer at this point in their careers. Gonna be a rough night for Andy. I'm pumped regardless.

Back