Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Couple more for the haters...

"Have a look at the size of OVEREEM. You could do a screening of Avatar 3D on his back... IT'S ENORMOUS!"

"The mayor of Munchkin Town. Mike Zambidis you crazy little oompa loompa!"

Fighters-Talk-w-Michael-Schiavello.jpg

There are plenty of international fighters that would matchup well against thais. Some examples of past fights. Yodwicha struggled against Mazzeti, Sangmanee drew against Han Zihao, Muangthai got KO'd by Genju Umeno and barely beat Han Zihao. Chad Collins KO'd Sakmongkol i believe. Yodpanomrung got KO'd by some non thai and lost to Fabrice Fairtex, Panpayak got KO'd by some guy, Petmorrakot got beaten by Ramanazov.

Don't tell me all those thais are washed up or anything, we know it's not true. Stop pretending to be living in a world where a thai can't lose against a non thai.
I'm not denying that nonthais can beat thai or that thais and nonthai be in competitive match ups. However that isn't the same as "the best fighting the best". The vast majority of the best fighters in muay thai are thai. If they don't fight one another in international muay thai, then the best aren't going to be consistently fighting the best.

And my point was that there is no difference between the matchmaking in One and other international promotions. People were acting like One was pulling random guys out of the crowd to fight their thais. In fact they fighting exactly the same quality of competition they would be fighting elsewhere and some of these guys have even pulled off the upset. So what's wrong One's matchmaking, by the standard of international muay thai?

People here seem to want to have it both ways: they complain about the quality of matchmaking in international muay thai but then don't actually want to see the best match ups possible.

Last edited:
Just watched the Yod fight, that wasn't a dive LOL. That last uppercut was flush on the jaw. People questioning Schiavello's ability to call a fight yet can't see a clear crack to the jaw. Unbelievable...

Grisham and Valtellini arent commentating the fights til yet, look what we did :oops::oops::oops:

they read sherdog and are sad about what we wrote :(

Grisham and Valtellini arent commentating the fights til yet, look what we did :oops::oops::oops:

they read sherdog and are sad about what we wrote :(
I honestly don't think they're bad, just don't create much excitement.

Bazooka Joe certainly has a style bias however.

oh, so my bad, the chinese stream used to have commentary, this one not, not bad btw

I'm not denying that nonthais can beat thai or that thais and nonthai be in competitive match ups. However that isn't the same as "the best fighting the best". The vast majority of the best fighters in muay thai are thai. If they don't fight one another in international muay thai, then the best aren't going to be consistently fighting the best.

And my point was that there is no difference between the matchmaking in One and other international promotions. People were acting like One was pulling random guys out of the crowd to fight their thais. In fact they fighting exactly the same quality of competition they would be fighting elsewhere and some of these guys have even pulled off the upset. So what's wrong One's matchmaking, by the standard of international muay thai?

People here seem to want to have it both ways: they complain about the quality of matchmaking in international muay thai but then don't actually want to see the best match ups possible.
I would love to see top thai vs thai with international scoring and mma gloves. It also depends on the weightclass. I don’t think there are many westerners fighting at under 130 lbs at all, of course the higher level matchups where non thais are involved would mostly be at 65 kg and up. Yeah best vs best is probably not the right word, but there should be high level fighters against each other where the outcome isn’t certain.

Last edited:
When Yodpanomrung was fighting in the stadiums, you sure considered him a top guy. When he lost against a foreigner he suddenly wasn’t a top fighter anymore? I don’t see your logic

When Yodpanomrung was fighting in the stadiums, you sure considered him a top guy. When he lost against a foreigner he suddenly wasn’t a top fighter anymore? I don’t see your logic
What the fuck are you even talking about? Yodpanomrung is and always was a top fighter, I never said otherwise. Sakmongkol is definitely not.

My point is simply, if OneFC wants to be considered a top organization, the matchups need to be competitive.

Yokkao and Thai fight are more about entertainment and marketing, i don’t think alot of people see those as pinnacles of the sport

Some other favourites which haven't been mentioned yet:
"He's got more hooks than a pirate"
"He is all over him like a fat kid on a cupcake!"

"Have a look at the size of OVEREEM. You could do a screening of Avatar 3D on his back... IT'S ENORMOUS!"

Slightly different to what I remember.

I remember him saying "Waaaaah look at the size of Overeem, you could screen a movie on his back! Overeem is fucking huge!"

Slightly different to what I remember.

I remember him saying "Waaaaah look at the size of Overeem, you could screen a movie on his back! Overeem is fucking huge!"
He's done a few variations during the Ubereem run...

The deal, which goes into effect on Jan. 1, calls for 24 events to air live on B/R Live, Turner's digital platform. The partnership is expected to be announced in the coming days.

In addition to the live events, Turner will air shoulder programming and taped events on TNT and there is also a reality show in the works, as well, according to sources.
Hopefully stays free for the rest of the world and just your Americans get to pay for the live stuff.

Last edited:
Hopefully stays free for the rest of the world and just your Americans get to pay for the live stuff.
Correction: Just you North Americans :rolleyes:

Brazil didnt did nothing to them, we are poor :oops:

LOL @ Paying for live stuff

These events play when I'm sleeping anyways. My only concern is how to watch AFTER, which leads me to LOL @ Paying for cable TV

Back