ONE Championship ban use of soccer kicks in fights

Bum fights. No restrictions.

Is there no middle ground with you? The reverse of that is just as ridiculous. Elite fighters + too many rules.

Would you watch elite fighters if:
  • no low kicks allowed
  • grappling is limited to 30 secs. If no submission, stood up
  • no clinching allowed after 10 secs
  • no knees or elbows
  • spinning attacks are illegal
  • you have to throw 5 kicks before you are allowed to punch again
  • you are allowed one strike to a grounded fighter, no gnp allowed
  • no 12 to 6 elbows ......
At what point does it no longer resemble a fight and becomes too much of a sport? This is what I'm talking about.

Besides, people get so hung-up over the letters UFC. It's not as if every fighter outside of the UFC is trash. If you watch the top half of the main card in one fc, you get to see how good fighters perform under a different ruleset. Well, at least before they changed the rules.

I'm sure you could dig up a gif of some undercard fighter to be a smart-ass, and say that 'one fc fighters are bums'. but surely you could at least see what another person's perspective is, even if you don't agree with it.

Last edited:
Is there no middle ground with you? The reverse of that is just as ridiculous. Elite fighters + too many rules.

Would you watch elite fighters if:
  • no low kicks allowed
  • grappling is limited to 30 secs. If no submission, stood up
  • no clinching allowed after 10 secs
  • no knees or elbows
  • spinning attacks are illegal
  • you have to throw 5 kicks before you are allowed to punch again
  • you are allowed one strike to a grounded fighter, no gnp allowed
  • no 12 to 6 elbows ......
At what point does it no longer resemble a fight and becomes too much of a sport? This is what I'm talking about.

Besides, people get so hung-up over the letters UFC. It's not as if every fighter outside of the UFC is trash. If you watch the top half of the main card in one fc, you get to see how good fighters perform under a different ruleset. Well, at least before they changed the rules.

I'm sure you could dig up a gif of some undercard fighter to be a smart-ass, and say that 'one fc fighters are bums'. but surely you could at least see what another person's perspective is, even if you don't agree with it.

My point is if you want a fight with no restrictions, go watch bum fights. MMA is a sport.

This is a fucking tragedy.....
Buzz-Lightyear-Free-Falling-Nooooo-Reaction-Gif-In-Toy-Story-2.gif

My point is if you want a fight with no restrictions, go watch bum fights. MMA is a sport.

It became a sport. It used to be about free-fighting. If you took elite fighters and put them under less restricted rules would that also be called 'bum fights'?

This conversation is going nowhere.

1. MMA is not a sport, it's a sanctioned fight, prizefighting, or at best "the sport of fighting".

2. There a a whole bunch of MMA promotions who put on cards with talent just as good as many ONE cards, in America and around the world's. Even outside Asia, these shows (lots of which are on UFC fight pass) are not as popular as ONE because ONE has an excitement factor and realism which unified rules dont have.

3. I will still watch ONE cards because I'm already familiar with some of the fighters, and its local (I'll be at he next event), but its hardly better or more relevant than any of the top 10 orgs around the world now, whereas with the old more realistic ruleset it was 2nd only to the UFC in my eyes.

4. I hope one succeeds regardless because the weight cutting ban they implemented needs to be implemented around the world.

Anyway I still think there is a place in the mma landscape for NHB fighting so take the above for what you hink it's worth.

2. There a a whole bunch of MMA promotions who put on cards with talent just as good as many ONE cards, in America and around the world's. Even outside Asia, these shows (lots of which are on UFC fight pass) are not as popular as ONE because ONE has an excitement factor and realism which unified rules dont have.

3. I will still watch ONE cards because I'm already familiar with some of the fighters, and its local (I'll be at he next event), but its hardly better or more relevant than any of the top 10 orgs around the world now, whereas with the old more realistic ruleset it was 2nd only to the UFC in my eyes.

I've been very harsh about the way they do things in the other threads, but i do think they can do well if they did away with the biased matchmaking and keeping the Pride rules. In fact, I also think going back to the ring wouldn't be a bad idea and would be more viewer friendly. Also dump the nobodies from Cambodia or wherever and bring in the Japanese and Korean guys who couldn't make it in the UFC (Omigawa, Issei Tamura come to mind) but with the English presentation. The fights sell themselves...

Also dump the nobodies from Cambodia or wherever and bring in the Japanese and Korean guys who couldn't make it in the UFC (Omigawa, Issei Tamura come to mind) but with the English presentation. The fights sell themselves...

The Japanese don't even wanna watch Tamura and Omigawa fight. You think anybody in Malaysia will?
You'd might as well just say, "They should stop trying to have success in Southeast-Asia and just relocate to Japan."

The Japanese don't even wanna watch Tamura and Omigawa fight. You think anybody in Malaysia will?
You'd might as well just say, "They should stop trying to have success in Southeast-Asia and just relocate to Japan."

Better than seeing Ann Osman get KTFO'd

Ann Osman, Peter Davis and Ev Ting could all get concussed into a paralyzing-coma by Indonesians, and more Malaysians would still wanna see that than Omigawa hugging Gafurov and kneeing his legs for 25-minutes.

Ann Osman, Peter Davis and Ev Ting could all get concussed into a paralyzing-coma by Indonesians, and more Malaysians would still wanna see that than Omigawa hugging Gafurov and kneeing his legs for 25-minutes.

Malaysians KO'd -> Malaysians quitting -> No more Malaysians

If they don't quit first, they'll be regarded as letdowns to their country. That should boost those numbers right?

Last edited:
Malaysians KO'd -> Malaysians quitting -> No more Malaysians

If they don't quit first, they'll be regarded as letdowns to their country. That should boost those numbers right?

That risk is still better than anything Omigawa or Issei Tamura brings to the table for ONE. Which is nothing.

i still cringe when i see old pride fights and those soccer kicks. no fucking joke those are some dangerous shit

And the pinnacle of the sport was PRIDE, which allowed those techniques..your attitude stinks

welp, so much for one. they went to shit realllll quick.

Back