Once A Pioneer Of The Free Speech Movement, UC Berkeley Is Now Giving In To Violent Rioters.

Same here....I try and restrict my labels as well...

I mean, most of my closest friends, family, co-workers, colleagues (90%) I would say are "liberal" or definitely lean left.

and that's cool...

it's a certain sub section of that group I truly despise, the SJWs and Self hating white liberals, and radical elements of #BLM.

I equate them with the KKK, and far right wing nationalist groups.

You also live in one of the most outwardly far-left cities in the country, which I'm sure affects how you view liberals. I saw more BLM and anti-police violence signs in Seattle last week than I have in my area my whole life. That's not an exaggeration.

Now I will say though, the people there are super friendly, they are genuinely nice people in that city. But so are conservative people in the South (Carolinas, Georgia, Texas) when I traveled there.

There are mostly good people on both sides, but we spend a lot of time talking about shitheads.

mehhhhhh

theyre govt. funded. i dont think anyone considers universities an arm of the F'ing executive branch out enforcing laws and such.
I think every adult does. I didn't when I was a student. Now, since I'm responsible for paying for them, I do.

If there's a place where I can't voice my opinion without getting assaulted, I don't want my labor to pay for it. Give it to another school that does protect my free speech or give it back to me.

Last edited:
You also live in one of the most outwardly far-left cities in the country, which I'm sure affects how you view liberals. I saw more BLM and anti-police violence signs in Seattle last week than I have in my area my whole life. That's not an exaggeration.

Now I will say though, the people there are super friendly, they are genuinely nice people in that city. But so are conservative people in the South (Carolinas, Georgia, Texas) when I traveled there.

There are mostly good people on both sides, but we spend a lot of time talking about shitheads.

And this is a very solid observation...

contrary to popular belief, I'm not the far right wing, MAGA hat wearing conservative...

It was however, this recent election, and the words and actions of many of my leftist/liberal friends that pushed me over to the right...

the blatant dishonest, double speak, hypocrisy and just complete and total reluctance to discuss about any potential volatile subject candidly was astounding...

It first started to resonate around the Mike Brown Shooting and #BLM shortly after...and the anti-cop movement...

and then it became more apparent after the Orlando Night Club Massacre and the ridiculous narrative the press/government wanted us to believe..

and now it's on full display on these college campuses, this shutting down of free speech, this turning the head and failure to discuss anything controversial about Islam...

And this is a very solid observation...

contrary to popular belief, I'm not the far right wing, MAGA hat wearing conservative...

It was however, this recent election, and the words and actions of many of my leftist/liberal friends that pushed me over to the right...

the blatant dishonest, double speak, hypocrisy and just complete and total reluctance to discuss about any potential volatile subject candidly was astounding...

It first started to resonate around the Mike Brown Shooting and #BLM shortly after...and the anti-cop movement...

and then it became more apparent after the Orlando Night Club Massacre and the ridiculous narrative the press/government wanted us to believe..

and now it's on full display on these college campuses, this shutting down of free speech, this turning the head and failure to discuss anything controversial about Islam...

I can understand that. I grew up in a very diverse area, in a mostly liberal area, and I don't even use Facebook anymore because the posts get so ridiculous that I just get frustrated if I sign on. There is this pattern of immediate outrage, sharing of biased articles, and then suddenly complete silence if the facts prove they were spreading lies. Nobody ever apologizes or even acknowledges when they spread lies. The people I'm talking about are mostly liberal, because my community has always been mostly liberal.

I do have a few friends who share conservative stuff, and it's just as ridiculous. I'll give an example. I have a friend who shared a meme of Obama giving a speech in front of children following Sandy Hook. The Meme had a Caption, a quote from Hitler (Obama is literally Hitler), and the quote basically said, "If you want to trick people into doing what you want, manipulate them by using children as pawns." The quote was attributed to Mein Kampf.

Of course, I immediately recognized that as a fake quote, since Hitler wrote that book before gaining power, and he definitely was not going to gain favor by telling everybody how he was going to trick them and mainipulate them. So I googled it, and sure enough, the quote was actually from a joke-piece written by a Rabbi. Lol. But that meme had been shared THOUSANDS of times by conservatives, all of them apparently too dumb to realize it was completely fake. Why were they so easily fooled? Because they hate Obama, and he's literally Hitler.

That was a long post, but you get my point. There are enormous amounts of people on both sides like that.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Last edited:
Jesus. I hate Ann Coulter, but she still has the right of free speech, and these rights should never be trample dupon by credible threats of violence. This is one of the many things that makes a secular republic like America, with it's problems, so fantastic. If you dont like what she has to say, dont go to her speech. It's pretty simple, and you dont have to act like some Islamist asshole, threatening people over speech.

It's quite ironic. Ann Coulter says liberals are all violent, so these kids threaten her with violence to prove superiority. But alas, satire and sarcasm are lost on the foolish, literal mind. Quite like gangs of Muslims with signs saying behead those who say Islam is not peaceful.

I'd give it to Ann, but just the tip, cause that lady is so cold I'd likely get frostbite and I'm not so blessed that I can afford to carelessly sacrifice much of my manhood in the name of grudge fucks.

I'd give it to Ann, but just the tip, cause that lady is so cold I'd likely get frostbite and I'm not so blessed that I can afford to carelessly sacrifice much of my manhood in the name of grudge fucks.

Her pussy is probably a 1 to 1 replica of a Xenomorph mouth, complete with acid spray.

I have a feeling that if the university has a leader of Hamas come to speak. A leader that espouses the mass extermination of Jews and one that has killed people himself, these rioters wouldn't give a shit. Not even a small protest.

While the campus silencing of Anne Coulter is wrong, it shouldn't make you feel like shooting people.

And I can't believe that's a serious sentence in the discourse today.
Yeah! But wishing death on Tim Kennedy is just fine.

I can understand that. I grew up in a very diverse area, in a mostly liberal area, and I don't even use Facebook anymore because the posts get so ridiculous that I just get frustrated if I sign on. There is this pattern of immediate outrage, sharing of biased articles, and then suddenly complete silence if the facts prove they were spreading lies. Nobody ever apologizes or even acknowledges when they spread lies. The people I'm talking about are mostly liberal, because my community has always been mostly liberal.

I do have a few friends who share conservative stuff, and it's just as ridiculous. I'll give an example. I have a friend who shared a meme of Obama giving a speech in front of children following Sandy Hook. The Meme had a Caption, a quote from Hitler (Obama is literally Hitler), and the quote basically said, "If you want to trick people into doing what you want, manipulate them by using children as pawns." The quote was attributed to Mein Kampf.

Of course, I immediately recognized that as a fake quote, since Hitler wrote that book before gaining power, and he definitely was not going to gain favor by telling everybody how he was going to trick them and mainipulate them. So I googled it, and sure enough, the quote was actually from a joke-piece written by a Rabbi. Lol. But that meme had been shared THOUSANDS of times by conservatives, all of them apparently too dumb to realize it was completely fake. Why were they so easily fooled? Because they hate Obama, and he's literally Hitler.

That was a long post, but you get my point. There are enormous amounts of people on both sides like that.

totally get it..

and don't get me wrong...I often correct my ultra conservative friends as well when they post stupid shit.

like a popular fictional quote often attributed to Obama was, "Dick Cheney used Seal Team 6 as his personal assassination squad.."

there are variations of this stupid ass quote.

Remember when the narrative was that it was the right/Trump supporters who were violent?

How many speeches by leftist speakers have had to be cancelled by conservative violence?

Violence or threats against women is bad

unless they are Republican

These fascist terrorists on the left need to be charged. Disgusting dredge of society. Cowards who wear masks and attack free speech.

I don't know if it's really fair to blame the university for canceling. They have to protect their property, and having monthly riots over whacko visitors is not exactly doing a lot of good for their public image. You can be pro-free speech and also not want to keep allowing altercations that destroy your campus. They are in a bad spot.

If you want to blame someone here, I think you have to go straight to the rioters. If you hate a speaker, show up for a debate or stay home. What rioters (not protesters) have been doing lately is terrible for everyone and fornout country as a whole.

The right-wingers are trying to juggle two competing narratives simultaneously. But which is it?

Are these protesters really acting violently and posing a legitimate risk to life, limb and property?

Or, as Coulter says, is Berkeley just using a non-existent safety risk as an excuse to thwart free-speech and cancel her speaking engagement?

You can't have it both ways, boys.

The right-wingers are trying to juggle two competing narratives simultaneously. But which is it?

Are these protesters really acting violently and posing a legitimate risk to life, limb and property?

Or, as Coulter says, is Berkeley just using a non-existent safety risk as an excuse to thwart free-speech and cancel her speaking engagement?

You can't have it both ways, boys.
It would be a non-existing threat for the speech if the police would do their job.

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2Fcae7369d5aad937f57eec7c326523a7e%2F205122655%2Fjimmie-jj-walker-and-ann-coulter-arrive-at-the-tv-land-icon-awards-at-picture-id520392134

Back