On July 1, 2015, The UFC Anti-Doping Program Was Put Into Place.

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, if we are going to disqualify fighters from the rankings because of positive tests, every record before July 1, 2015 is null and void.

This means UFC MMA has no GOATs, because the modern sport is only 2 years and few months old. The old GOATs mostly tested positive, and GSP is only 1-0 in the UFC-USADA-era.

This is logical thinking. I have no agenda against any fighter. I am just saying if USADA is judging criteria, then logically, we have to disregard anything that was accomplished before July 1, 2015 in order to compare fighters a bit more fairly.

The sport is too young to have a GOAT.

images

(no offense)

In the old days of PRIDE and UFC everything was allowed so nothing was cheating. Everyone was on the same level playing field.

Under USADA you agree to come in clean and make yourself accessible for random drug testing.

Jones failed his drug tests while DC passed his.

That isn't fair for one guy to be clean and one guy to be dirty. It would be more fair for both guys to be dirty or both guys to be clean.

Jones tried to cheat 3 times against DC.

That is completely different than the old days of MMA where everything was allowed.

So sorry TS. Everything before 2015 does count. Also, everything that happened under USADA counts too. Your boy cheated and broke the rules.

<mma1>

Last edited:
images

(no offense)
I am not offended. You don't provide any logic as to how you came to that conclusion. So, the way you feel has nothing to do with this thread or myself. It is just the way you feel, and you are entitled to your feelings.

In the old days of PRIDE and UFC everything was allowed so nothing was cheating. Everyone was on the same level playing field.

Under USADA you agree to come in clean and make yourself accessible for random drug testing.

That isn't fair for one guy to be clean and one guy to be dirty. It would be more fair for both guys dirty or both guys clean.

That is completely different than the old days of MMA where everything was allowed.

So sorry TS. Everything before 2015 does count. Also, everything that happened under USADA counts too. Your boy cheated and broke the rules.

<mma1>
I am not disputing that. I simply making the argument that every record before July 1, 2015 is null and void, if we are going to use USADA has a criteria for ranking fighters. I think it is a strong argument based on logical thinking.

That isn't fair for one guy to be clean and one guy to be dirty. It would be more fair for both guys dirty or both guys clean.

<mma1>

I am not disputing that. I simply making the argument that every record before July 1, 2015 is null and void, if we are going to use USADA has a criteria for ranking fighters. I think it is a strong argument based on logical thinking.

Read that 1st one again. Then delete this thread because your point is stupid.

Last edited:
How are all records null and void?

Those men shed blood and gave years of their life to achieve victory.

Back then, you never knew what your opponent was on.

Now we do know because everyone is subjected to stringent testing. You are not allowed to use those PEDs anymore. Fighters like Jones are too scared to fight clean. They get suspended, can't fight and their legacy is put into question. Simple as that

Make a thread once they got rid of USADA.

So this is TS's thing? Say illogic things and state they are logical? Mods do everyone a favor and just ban this troll now as opposed to later.

You can disqualify people who failed after that. Doesn’t take away what people accomplished before that on an even playing field

Read that 1st one again. Then delete this thread because your point is stupid.
My point still stands. Everything before USADA is null and void. USADA is the new standard of practice.

Here is a simple example, if the government states that, from now on, to be a doctor in America, you need to pass a new USMLE Step 4 exam, and everybody who is currently a doctor will have a grace period to upgrade. After the grace period is over, if you haven't passed the new USMLE 4 exam, you will not be allowed to practice as a doctor in the USA. So, everything you did, even if it was for 20 years, will be null and void moving forward.

Yes, your contribution in the past will recognized in its proper context. However, moving forward, the doctors who have passed the new USMLE Step 4 exam, will be the only ones eligible to be ranked as doctors.

So, you wouldn't be able to make a logically sound comparison between a doctor who graduated in 1960 to one who had to pass an extra USMLE Step 4 exam. It just wouldn't make sense.

In order to reasonably compare two entities, you need to make an effort to ensure that the criteria you are using are valid, consistent, and with the least amount of bias.

This is my argument.

So, if we are going to disqualify fighters from the rankings because of positive tests, every record before July 1, 2015 is null and void.

This means UFC MMA has no GOATs, because the modern sport is only 2 years and few months old. The old GOATs mostly tested positive, and GSP is only 1-0 in the UFC-USADA-era.

This is logical thinking. I have no agenda against any fighter. I am just saying if USADA is judging criteria, then logically, we have to disregard anything that was accomplished before July 1, 2015 in order to compare fighters a bit more fairly.

Testing didnt actually start properly till October 1st (first athlete wherabouts submissions were due 30th September) not July 1st. First three months were educational (there was some testing but no out of comp testing)

But anyway, if we disqualify all of Jones fights prior to October 1st, and we disqualify his result against Cormier, then hes left at 1-0 with a win over Ovince St Preux

Anyway, your argument is bollocks.

I prefer to see two era's, pre and post usada. Do i have an issue with fighters doping pre-usada? well, there was no reason not to. Virtually no testing, and what testing there was was largely limited to in competition. A large percentage were doing it and it could be argued you had to to be competitive. Its fine looking at records from that era, but, when comparing then and now, its perfectly fair to take PED use into account when discussing who is the all time greats.

Then theres the post-USADA era, and honestly, anyone whos doping now, when there is a concerted effort by promoter and to a degree fighters, fans and media, to clean up the sport, anyone who hasnt got the message and still uses ped's frankly is a cheating cunt.

as far as goats and all that crap. again, i havetwo views. Theres the list of fighters who have helped develop the sport, that have helped make the sport what it is. The Hall of Famers I guess you could say. In that respect I only take into account what attention they brought, how they helped boost the sports popularity. I dont bring in PED use into that argument so much (although situations like Silva's positive that damage the sport can arguably outweigh what good they have done for the sport).

But the second group, the sporting greats, the fighters who stand and the pinnacle of what can be achieved, yes, ped use disqualifies you from that category

Last edited:
And mystic UL said back then it was all full of shit

4 years bans

Haha, no way

the ufc are only saying this crap because they only want to tackle this problem for 1-2 years because after ufc 200 zuffa will sell up anyway

UFC Press Event (PED Event) Discussion (Video)

Trying to clean the image of the UFC after committing corruption for years
UFC didn't give a shit about cleaning the sport up
Just wanted to make it more appealing

So this is TS's thing? Say illogic things and state they are logical? Mods do everyone a favor and just ban this troll now as opposed to later.

nah, dont ban him. Because if/when Jones gets 4 years his threads are gonna be gold

I agree with dimspace about dividing eras. It's easier this way and everyone is happy.

OP not true.

Pre-USADA everyone had the same advantage... so if someone did it all better than the others, then all fair.

Conor is GOAT.

Conor is GOAT.
Nah. He only beat Aldo and Diaz. He is the most popular UFC fighter ever, but not a GOAT. He is not that talented. Conor doesn't win 5 fights, if he is forced to walk the gauntlet like Tony Ferguson and Max Holloway.

Back