On Black Power: death of torturer marks a hopeful end to era of racial police violence

I prefer this to wasting time dealing with "clumsily appropriate Native American struggle" when, first, I probably have considerably more Native American blood in me than you, and second, one doesn't require to "appropriate" another race's hardships in order to illuminate the flawed defensive logic of a movement that ignored them altogether in the first place.

You almost certainly have more Native American blood than I do, as I have none to my knowledge. However, that's completely irrelevant. You brought up Native American plight to obfuscate an issue (disproportionate police violence) that does not really affect them.

I could, in response to Latino protest about immigration/employment discrimination or in response to Muslim protest about religious discrimination, say "WAHHHH, black people get discriminated against just as much!" but that would be silly, since those two groups uniquely face problems with those areas that black folks don't. And to beckon that the organization must be expanded to encompass black people's problems as well would require that the cause be expanded to effect a more general redistribution of power and capital along racial lines.

And, yes, it is humorous to me that you're so blatantly contradicting yourself on this issue: both bitching about the subterfuge of racial wealth distribution being represented as police violence reform, and wanting a level of inclusion that would more or less require that racial wealth distribution be the goal.

You almost certainly have more Native American blood than I do, as I have none to my knowledge. However, that's completely irrelevant. You brought up Native American plight to obfuscate an issue (disproportionate police violence) that does not really affect them.
You might want to educate yourself on some stats. Now I understand why you are so confused though it still doesn't dismiss your failure to understand what "appropriate" means.

Before Black Lives Matter, there were libertarians and Constitutional conservatives who were seriously concerned about the increasing militarization of the police and police brutality and related issues. BLM has unnecessarily racialized and politicized what should be a biracial and bipartisan effort. I understand the argument that blacks, particularly males, are disproportionately effected, but there are a multitude of reasons for that, some of which align with left-wing thinking, some of which align with right-wing thinking.

Michael Brown was a bad poster boy for police brutality. He was a large young man who was acting psychotic that day. My personal theory is that he had a psychotic reaction to particularly strong marijuana. I've heard from heavy, long-time marijuana users that the stuff these days is so strong that they've stopped smoking because of how it effected them. Given Brown's lack of a criminal record and reports of his prior behavior being different, that leads me to believe that he had a psychotic reaction to marijuana which caused him to act in a way that ultimately led to his death. It's a sad story across the board.
LOL that's ridiculous unless you're really really fucking stupid. If it's stronger you can just smoke less. I mean, good for them if they wised up and just quit if they didn't like what it was doing to them, but you have to be a pinhead to not just smoke less if it's too strong for you. These days, I roll small and cut them in half. Very economical.

LOL that's ridiculous unless you're really really fucking stupid. If it's stronger you can just smoke less. I mean, good for them if they wised up and just quit if they didn't like what it was doing to them, but you have to be a pinhead to not just smoke less if it's too strong for you. These days, I roll small and cut them in half. Very economical.
I quit smoking in my early 20s. I used to smoke a fair amount but it was more under the influence of friends than my own personal desire. I'm interested to see if medical marijuana and different strains/forms could be useful to me. I have a personal dislike for smoke, so ingesting in another way would be preferable. I'm aware that edibles can be problematic, so I'd be careful with them.

I prefer this to wasting time dealing with "clumsily appropriate Native American struggle" when, first, I probably have considerably more Native American blood in me than you, and second, one doesn't require to "appropriate" another race's hardships in order to illuminate the flawed defensive logic of a movement that ignored them altogether in the first place.
Looks like we got a Pocahontas here, guess that means you win the argument princess.

preach_o_6802797.jpg

Back