On a Scale of 1-10 How Good is Cerrone’s Grappling?

He was afraid to go to the ground with Nate

man, he should've gone to the ground in that first round. Nate punched him a million times, i think at the time it might've been a record for total strikes in a round or something. it'd be cool to see nate and cowboy just grapple

Like an 8. He's better than almost anyone except the elite grapplers

Njkoani lmao, what about bendo ? The only thing i said is the fact that cerone is an opportunist fighter with "good" jjb skills but no where close to a pro, that's it

Lol, you picked the worst guy I listed and he still has very few submission losses in MMA. Look, you already said English isn't your first language, let me explain what this thread is about because you misunderstand what it's about. We are ranking Cerrone's grappling in MMA on a 1-10 scale, not comparing Cerrone to top sub grapplers who do not compete in MMA.

What about Bendo? You asked me for guys Cerrone submitted before he joined the UFC so why would I list Bendo when Cerrone didn't submit him and the question you asked was about who Cerrone submitted before he was in the UFC. Did you forget that you asked me a question and what the question was?

When he started fighting he was known as a jiu jitsu guy who did muay thai, then he improved his stand up and people forgot he was a sick purple belt murking fools back in the day.

il_570xN.19773454.jpg

One louder than Ten.

I'd say 7.5. He has decent td's and takedown defense, but its really when the fight's on the mat that he shines. There the sub offense and the transitions are elite. He doesnt really own a bjj belt right? A bit like Lytle, that doesnt mean he is not lethal on the ground.

With even better overall wrestling he would deserve a 8.5 or even a 9 damn it.

7, 7.5, 8. Any of those seem like good answers.

His jitz is very solid. I would say 7 or 7.5 / 10, relative to UFC standards. So, well above average, but not top tier either.

His wrestling is mediocre.

man, he should've gone to the ground in that first round. Nate punched him a million times, i think at the time it might've been a record for total strikes in a round or something. it'd be cool to see nate and cowboy just grapple

Nate wanted to strike and there's a rumor that they made some deal to keep it a striking match. Cowboy knocked Nate down twice with leg kicks and could have easily jumped on him and had top position.

Maybe 6-7. Like the folks who compete in the actual sport and dominate are 8-10 at the forefront of their sport since they compete against other experts on the ground. Cowboy is just very well rounded; he is like a 6-7 across the board for everything which is pretty good.

The scale needs examples, without any examples for a 1 or a 10 I would put him at like a 7 or 7.5.

Yeah if Maia is a 10 and some random can is a 1 I think 7 is a fair score for Cowboy.

Lol at jacare werdum and Maia being 10s. Can't be getting 10s when you are getting subbed relatively easily by Marcelo and roger gracie.

What? Oliviera is super legit on the ground. One of the few calf slicer finishes in the UFC. He's slick man.

I think you're mixing up Oliveiras. He submitted Alex Oliveira and stopped Charles Oliviera with strikes.

Charles is the one with the nasty ground game.

Back