On a Scale of 1-10 How Good is Cerrone’s Grappling?

I’d say between 8 or 9. He really goes for subs like Pettis and often finishes people with them. Slick as a greased salami!

Above him are only monster grapplers. Cerrone is definitely more well rounded when you think about who has better grappling than him and compare them.

Only 1 point from Jacare and Maia? No way.

You mean 14 other crap from wec with no fucking jujitsu and you think he is à top level grappler, so what about his boxing skills i Will say the same a 4 because he is not bad but definitely not a pro boxer like not a pro grappler

I rate your posting skills at 1.

Yes and he's and MMA fighter, so compare him to MMA fighters. Have you ever heard the phrase apples and oranges? Cerrone hasn't boxed professionally or done sub grappling at a high level so the comparison you were trying to make is impossible.

Do the comparison you can actually do like everyone else is which is to compare him to other MMA fighters.
It Will still be the same, to me tyron woodley is a 6 and he Will demolish Cerrone on the ground.

It is all relative, against the Sherdog community, he is a 10. At the Mundials, maybe a 4. In the UFC, a solid 7.

Why are you discussing something you know very little about as if you do know about it?
From where i am lbs are kg not ok with the conversion, i knew he was a lighweight before, i should have said top promotion under 155 apart from bendo et pettis the top Guy was in strikeforce at the time

From where i am lbs are kg not ok with the conversion, i knew he was a lighweight before, i should have said top promotion under 155 apart from bendo et pettis the top Guy was in strikeforce at the time

Strikeforce and WEC both had multiple top 10 guys(Thomson, Melendez, Pettis, Henderson, Cerrone, Varner) and the WEC champion that Cerrone had 3 close fights with was the UFC champion and defended his belt. You don't know what you are talking about.

Strikeforce and WEC both had multiple top 10 guys(Thomson, Melendez, Pettis, Henderson, Cerrone, Varner) and the WEC champion that Cerrone had 3 close fights with was the UFC champion and defended his belt. You don't know what you are talking about.
so ... tell me only one famous name cerone beat by sub before his ufc debut ? ;)

so ... tell me only one famous name cerone beat by sub before his ufc debut ? ;)

Why does the person have to be famous, are only famous people good at BJJ? That's a strange metric to judge grappling skills by.

He submitted Castillo, Krause, Ratcliff, Horodecki, and Njokuani all of which have very few submission losses in their careers.

That's a much better metric than judging people based off of how famous they are.

no but like i said before it wasn't top Guy that's the reason why i say he is 4

Not all top guys have top level BJJ. I added to my last post listing the guys with the best sub defense that Cerrone submitted before he was in the UFC.

I’d say between 8 or 9. He really goes for subs like Pettis and often finishes people with them. Slick as a greased salami!

Above him are only monster grapplers. Cerrone is definitely more well rounded when you think about who has better grappling than him and compare them.
It's not a 9.

I agree with a strong 7.

His submissions are really strong, but his control and decisions he makes are not as elite.. still, the best BJJ guys in the world are in trouble if he gets anything locked in

Njkoani lmao, what about bendo ? The only thing i said is the fact that cerone is an opportunist fighter with "good" jjb skills but no where close to a pro, that's it

It's not a 9.

I agree with a strong 7.

His submissions are really strong, but his control and decisions he makes are not as elite.. still, the best BJJ guys in the world are in trouble if he gets anything locked in
Well, yeah. 9 is over the top. I’d still say 8, though.

Back