On a Scale of 1-10 How Good is Cerrone’s Grappling?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
He’s submitted guys like Cowboy Oliveira, Edson Barboza, and most recently Mike Perry. Is good from the bottom and on top. Has never looked out of his element on the ground throughout almost 30 UFC fights. I’d say 8/10 is fair. Thoughts?

il_570xN.19773454.jpg

The scale needs examples, without any examples for a 1 or a 10 I would put him at like a 7 or 7.5.

Barboza was hurt before that and cannot say olivera and Perry are known for their jujitsu skills , i would say a 4 concidering a Man like Maïa a 10

It's quite good, particularly when he's known much more as being a stand-up striker.

He has a sneaky sub game, and times his own TDs quite well when he wants to get an opponent down.

He's no Khabib, but his grappling is effective when he uses it.

If Conor is a 1 and Khabib is a 2 then Donald is like a 1.6

Need references. Assuming CM Punk as a 1, and Maria or jacare as a 10, probably a 7 or 8. Almost certainly a black belt level, and good enough to hang with all but the best guys.

his jits is good takedowns not so good

i'd say strong 7

His grappling is underrated and his striking is overrated I find. I put him at better in MMA grappling than most - if Jacare was a 10, he's an 8 for sure.

I’d say between 8 or 9. He really goes for subs like Pettis and often finishes people with them. Slick as a greased salami!

Above him are only monster grapplers. Cerrone is definitely more well rounded when you think about who has better grappling than him and compare them.

Barboza was hurt before that and cannot say olivera and Perry are known for their jujitsu skills , i would say a 4 concidering a Man like Maïa a 10

just wrong on so many levels. Olivera is an excellent grappler, if a little wild.

Need references. Assuming CM Punk as a 1, and Maria or jacare as a 10, probably a 7 or 8. Almost certainly a black belt level, and good enough to hang with all but the best guys.

I'd say a solid 7-8. There are more dangerous guys on the mat for sure and many of Cerrone's subs came after hurting guys badly. Those wins could've just as easily been TKOs, his opponent was done. But, he has slick subs for sure, solid TDD, and underrated takedowns.

Back