OMG....MVPs taunts in the first

Rickels is like 19-5 and is the type of veteran who exposes fake prospects. Page proved a lot and absolutely humiliated him.

I get that we haven't seen the guy fight a good wrestler yet but I'd rather watch him entertain then get laid on. No rush.
Yes... at 155.

Rickels might as well retire after that. He’s always been a guy who largely gets by on his heart and physical toughness and he absolutely broke tonight. I honestly don’t think he’ll recover mentally from that. Not with his style and how he has to win fights.
when i seen him taunting i knew it was gonna be a rough fight. pressure, leg kicks, and clinch. dave out toughs alot of people but standing at range exchanging taunts was never a path to victory.

MVP was like an enigma out there though. seems alot of these fighters dont understand how to close distance without throwing a hook first. or maybe he is just making people look that way. dave rickles is one tough sob and now people think hes just another can because of what mvp did

Rickels is like 19-5 and is the type of veteran who exposes fake prospects. Page proved a lot and absolutely humiliated him.

I get that we haven't seen the guy fight a good wrestler yet but I'd rather watch him entertain then get laid on. No rush.

Rickels is a lw and tailor made for slick strikers since he's hittable as hell and doesn't have very good wrestling.

There should be some rush considering MVP has already been on the scene for years now.

MVP intrigues me but jesus christ, WHY ARE THEY PROTECTING HIM SO HARD?

This makes zero sense, not even the UFC has ever protected a guy like this. What a fucking joke Bellator is;

I want to see him against top fighters, for fucks sakes.

zB1XfI.gif
Thanks for the GIF. Is that Rickels signaling to the Ref that he is quitting? I didn't get to watch the fight.

We can all write off Rickels because he's a smaller fighter and not a top WW but here's the thing, put any top WW of any company basically ever and they wouldn't be able to clown someone on Rickels level even close to that. I'm not saying MVP is a better fighter than someone like GSP but it is incredible to see someone with the ability and confidence to do what he does.

You can either spend MVP's prime years foaming at the mouth and hoping to god he ends up face down, ass up or you can make like the non-haters and strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.:cool:

We can all write off Rickels because he's a smaller fighter and not a top WW but here's the thing, put any top WW of any company basically ever and they wouldn't be able to clown someone on Rickels level even close to that.

eh what?

He'd get clowned by literally the entire LW top 15 in different ways. Chandler already did twice without breaking a sweat. And you're talking about WWs? Rickels is a journeyman, borderline can with no discernible skill besides toughness, top WWs would CM Punk him whichever way they want. It'd be an even sadder sight.

eh what?

He'd get clowned by literally the entire LW top 15 in different ways. Chandler already did twice without breaking a sweat. And you're talking about WWs? Rickels is a journeyman, borderline can with no discernible skill besides toughness, top WWs would CM Punk him whichever way they want. It'd be an even sadder sight.
What I mean is they wouldn't have an easy time beating him the way MVP did. Yeah some of them would likely KO him easily but how many could dance at striking distance and not get hit while pretty much countering everything?

What I mean is they wouldn't have an easy time beating him the way MVP did. Yeah some of them would likely KO him easily but how many could dance at striking distance and not get hit while pretty much countering everything?

Different styles, different ways of clowning. Usman can dance around, take him down, let him up, dance, take him down, etc. Same with Masvidal or something, he can light Rickels up, dance, light up, dance, then KO. Or just wait for him to quit.

They just won't dance in the middle of the clowning, but it'll be a clowning none the less.

But I agree, MVP has a unique style about him.

Thanks for the GIF. Is that Rickels signaling to the Ref that he is quitting? I didn't get to watch the fight.
Do yourself a favor and watch the fight. A+ lulz material throughout. And yes.

Do yourself a favor and watch the fight. A+ lulz material throughout. And yes.
Wow that is sad for Rickels. I can't recall seeing something like that. He spoke so confidently too.

Meh, toying with a not so great LW, if they are in the business of feeding him LW's now, at least feed him Bendo or someone legit, iirc the last time we watched him against a decent WW he went to a Split decision win, give him Daley at least.

Me too to, but I am sure you will tune in to see him next time he fights regardless. Me too.. and if you personally won't out of some petulant protest, there will still be a very large number of people that will. More people every time. Scott Coker knows that and isn't going to rush towards throwing away the easiest money he ever made in his life to appease a few guys online that want to see him roughed up a bit to see where his ceiling really is
I don't care about the business side, lol. Are you kidding me right now?

Nothing new about skipping fighters who talk smack and then hand pick fights. You wanna talk about childish behavior point it that direction.

Honestly I think Page is closer to the "Matrix" hype than Anderson was, Forrest against Silva for example fought a horrible fight leaving massive gaping openings. Page does actually have more in the way of counter fighting ability and ability to slip well thrown punches.

The issue I think is that this is pretty much the entirety of his game, less in the way of grappling/takedown defence and less of that Chute Boxe brutality just beating people down ala the Franklin fights.

MVP intrigues me but jesus christ, WHY ARE THEY PROTECTING HIM SO HARD?

This makes zero sense, not even the UFC has ever protected a guy like this. What a fucking joke Bellator is;

I want to see him against top fighters, for fucks sakes.

What do you expect from Scott Coker, He isn't a smart promoter like most people thought he was.

now if only he wasnt fighting cans

Back