OMAD one meal a day!

Intermittent fasting can have some benefits in regards to certain metabolic markers (anti-inflammatory and possibly insulin resistance but that is debated), however, most of those effects are due to calorie restriction and weight loss. Best bet would probably be eating regularly on a green mediterranean diet and then do a couple of days fasting once in a while if you want to. But whatever work for you.

Yeah, he seems decent enough watching a few videos. More balanced that I would have thought given the whole vibe.

Mediterranean diets are superb. Iove it. I found Intermittent fasting helpful for calorie restrictions and dieting. Being more particular and cleaner lifestyle.

Been doing IF for 10+ years. My eating window varies from 2-8 hours.

Getting enough calories on one meal is tough. At least for me. I have a normal appetite and have an average to thin build. If I eat 1,200-1,500 calories in one sitting, I'm full and will need at least an hour to eat again.

And getting the ideal 1 gram of protein for every pound of weight is REALLY hard on one or even two meals.

Please update your experience.

I am doing two meals in 2023 combined with intermittent fasting. Two meals in my window.

Two meals is the sweet spot in my opinion. I couldn't sustain one meal a day. 3 were too filling and bloating. You are right on with two! I am doing the same!

Two meals is the sweet spot in my opinion. I couldn't sustain one meal a day. 3 were too filling and bloating. You are right on with two! I am doing the same!

I've done a 50 hour fast. I looked like skeketor. My abs had abs. <Lmaoo>

I am looking for the next big thing. Super charge my fitness and diet this year. I agree with you that one might not be sustainable. I am looking to cut about fifteen pounds between now and summer.

I've done a 50 hour fast. I looked like skeketor. My abs had abs. <Lmaoo>

I am looking for the next big thing. Super charge my fitness and diet this year. I agree with you that one might not be sustainable. I am looking to cut about fifteen pounds between now and summer.

Good, do it gradually and intelligently.

I am discovering the benefits of this. Anyone here doing it? Your experience? Yay? Nay?

I know supper high energy, shredded people do it. Body builders, Andrew Tate, etc. It looks amazing but I'm scared to do it.
Drink black coffee with zero calories sweeteners throughout the day if it helps you keep your fast.

Last edited:
Do you have diabetes? Would those hormone responses really slow down your fat burning process is you’re consuming zero calories?

No. Nobody consumes zero calories. The calories in / out is more nuanced than once thought.

yes. often lately, but I do yoga/tai chi and don't mind being 6"3 or so middle weight.

Drink black coffee with zero calories sweeteners throughout the day if it helps you keep your fast.
Do you have diabetes? Would those hormone responses really slow down your fat burning process is you’re consuming zero calories?
To burn fat, you want low insulin levels, not eating for a while lowers your insulin levels (hence the eating window in OMAD), and eating raises your insulin. Triggering an insulin response will break your fast and put your body into a fat storing mode. After the insulin spike, the body will begin to lower the insulin again, but it'll take a while. That time you could otherwise more efficiently use for fat burning or autophagy with uninterrupted fasting.

A lot of zero-calorie drinks have aspartame, sucralose, and other sweeteners, which can send a signal to your brain making it think it's time to eat and trigger an insulin response.

However, stevia and monk fruit don't seem to trigger an insulin response, so you might be able to incorporate it into a fast without much trouble. Otherwise, just drink water and black coffee or plain tea.

As an alternative, I suggest that you instead consume sparkling mineral water, it'll have bubbles and electrolytes and have a bit of taste to it.

Last edited:
To burn fat, you want low insulin levels, not eating for a while lowers your insulin levels (hence the eating window in OMAD), and eating raises your insulin. Triggering an insulin response will break your fast and put your body into a fat storing mode. After the insulin spike, the body will begin to lower the insulin again, but it'll take a while. That time you could otherwise more efficiently use for fat burning or autophagy with uninterrupted fasting.

A lot of zero-calorie drinks have aspartame, sucralose, and other sweeteners, which can send a signal to your brain making it think it's time to eat and trigger an insulin response.

However, stevia and monk fruit don't seem to trigger an insulin response, so you might be able to incorporate it into a fast without much trouble. Otherwise, just drink water and black coffee or plain tea.

As an alternative, I suggest that you instead consume sparkling mineral water, it'll have bubbles and electrolytes and have a bit of taste to it.
Insulin spikes up a little bit after drinking black coffee, like a tiny bump, but then it flatlines. I imagine the same thing happens with sweeteners. Unless you drank a whole bottle of it.

F99FF4F3-6641-4864-9F50-C7AD603D45F5.jpeg

Last edited:
Back