Olympic gold medalist Ferdinand Karapetian in the UFC?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He is an Olympic judo gold medalist and a BEAST of a man!

I swear to god bro he would do amazing in the UFC!

Hard to say, it would depend on how fast he could pick up striking, BJJ, and transition from gi to no-gi.

One side point, as someone who's done judo since the 70's: its insane that that throw was an ippon (ie a match ender). In the old days that'd be a yuko at best (about a quarter of a point). The IJF has ruined judo.

All I know is Judo is fun to watch and more Judo guys in the UFC would be awesome. However unless this guy has started training mma and expressed and interest in fighting this is a pretty silly thread.

Olympic medallists generally earn a pittance. Therefore, according to the Sherdog law of athletic ability and economy, are C-level athletes at best. UFC should not bother with this dud.

FAIL TS, this guy is not an olympic gold medalist, he won gold at the european championships (not even world championships or pan american games) and thats it, Ronda rousey, akiyama, Yoshida are way more accomplished judoka than this guy and only Rousey went far for WMMA standards, in my opinion this guy fails hard

You talk about how amazing this guy is - and then THAT is the video you choose to show.... cmonbruh….. There was nothing particularly special in that clip...

Back