Oleksander Usyk vs Tony Bellew

Boxer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Looks like this one may be agreed shortly.

Both camps haven't been shy on calling each other out and accepting.

I like what Tony's saying here, fight at Cruiser Weight so he can officially gain all the belts ......... if he wins.

This one will be great if it gets arranged, I know most people think after the other night Usyk walks through Bellew, but Bellew is a man of surprises so it gets me interested more so if Usyk takes him out that opens his lanes through to HW right up ......... after that Usyk vs Whyte maybe?

Future looks interesting for Usyk.

Here's what Hearn had to say about it .................

Bellew segment - (13:05 mins in)

Last edited:
Usyk will pitch a shut out here. Bellew has zero for him.

Taking any and all bets if anyone has Bellew.

And I won’t let Tony take that fight unless making similar money to the Haye fight.”
AKA I dont want Bellew to get embarrassed.

Dont expect it to be made after comments like that and how “no one knows Usyk”.

I rag on Bellew a lot. I suppose he is.......a name now?

but this would be relatively non-competitive.

Usyk is gonna to put Bellew down. Probably a ref stoppage.
A laughable fight but the money will be good.

I'd much rather have a Usyk-Ward fight.
But the money is there for the Bellew fight.

AKA I dont want Bellew to get embarrassed.

Dont expect it to be made after comments like that and how “no one knows Usyk”.

Well after this interview I think he sounds game to me ...........
In fact I'm going to replace that written interview with this video in the OP.

Last edited:
I rag on Bellew a lot. I suppose he is.......a name now?

but this would be relatively non-competitive.

Its more the history behind it, Bellew was former Cruiser weight champ, left the div to fight Haye at HW and beat him twice.

Haye was the most dominant Cruiser Weight probably since Holyfield, Usyk beating Bellew is like two birds with one stone, he beats Bellew, the guy that beat Haye and he gets some of that Matchroom money all in his weight class.

Then they get to work with Hearn at some possible HW fights after, its win, win and win all round .......... also if you look at the reverse for Bellew, its a cheap way of cementing himself after Holyfield, who can argue if he's beaten Haye twice AND Usyk, it might not taste nice to say it but you can't say much if he's the unified CW champ.

Well after this interview I think he sounds game to me ...........
In fact I'm going to replace that written interview with this video in the OP.

Its not Bellew that will stop it, its Hearn. He can likely earn some more $ with Bellew fighting someone else and not getting taken to school.

Its more the history behind it, Bellew was former Cruiser weight champ, left the div to fight Haye at HW and beat him twice.

Haye was the most dominant Cruiser Weight probably since Holyfield, Usyk beating Bellew is like two birds with one stone, he beats Bellew, the guy that beat Haye and he gets some of that Matchroom money all in his weight class.

Then they get to work with Hearn at some possible HW fights after, its win, win and win all round .......... also if you look at the reverse for Bellew, its a cheap way of cementing himself after Holyfield, who can argue if he's beaten Haye twice AND Usyk, it might not taste nice to say it but you can't say much if he's the unified CW champ.
Haye 10 years ago at CW wouldve destroyed Bellew. Bellew is trash.
Usyk hopefully fucks him sideways.

I think Usyk would dance around him. mid-to-late tko

U see, i thought so at first too, but a 7 inh reach advantage plus southpaw against Ward would be monstrous. It was awkward watching his limbs dwarf that of Murat too.

He should build up name value against Bellew(and stop being a diva about it) then stick to fighting real HWs after that.

Bellew has nothing for Usyk.

Its not Bellew that will stop it, its Hearn. He can likely earn some more $ with Bellew fighting someone else and not getting taken to school.

Well like I said from that video Hearn looks like he's up for it as long as negotiations don't get silly.

As he said its an amazing fight and best one out there for him at the moment, lots of risk but the reward is huge.

Tbh what real other opportunities does Bellew have? he said he wants none of Wilder, Fury is far from ready, Ward is retired so not sure why people are mentioning him because he hasn't said anything about him coming back.

Usyk is ready, unified title fight, again I can't see what immediate option is even on the table, let alone better.

Bellew wants the fight, Usyk isn't a big money diva, I think this gets done regardless of any reservations on Hearn's part.

I remember first seeing Bellew vs Stevenson and thinking he was a bum. My opinion hasn't changed.

I'd love to see this fight because I can't stand Tony Bellew. Just because he beat a past it Haye twice he thinks he is some boxing savant. Usyk is going to make a spectacle out of Bellew. Doesn't sound like Hearn wants it though. Because he's not dumb and he knows what Usyk will do to Tony.

Bellew is durable as fck, I think he loses a very lopsided decision. Gassiev knocks him out though. that's the fight I want to see

I'd love to see this fight because I can't stand Tony Bellew. Just because he beat a past it Haye twice he thinks he is some boxing savant. Usyk is going to make a spectacle out of Bellew. Doesn't sound like Hearn wants it though. Because he's not dumb and he knows what Usyk will do to Tony.

Same reason Id love to see this fight or bellew vs Gassiev. Always liked him as a fighter, then he opens his mouth and turns in to a c*nt

In all fairness he is definately deserving of this fight. He would've been in the tournament had he not given up the WBC to chase Haye. Cant blame the guy for that. I don't see this fight happening, but on the flip side what are his other options? Is anyone really interested in Bellew vs Fat Fury/Whyte? the only fighters Id like to see him in with at HW are the young English fighters like Gorman/Dubois/Fury, but theres no money in these fights

Well like I said from that video Hearn looks like he's up for it as long as negotiations don't get silly.

As he said its an amazing fight and best one out there for him at the moment, lots of risk but the reward is huge.

Tbh what real other opportunities does Bellew have? he said he wants none of Wilder, Fury is far from ready, Ward is retired so not sure why people are mentioning him because he hasn't said anything about him coming back.

Usyk is ready, unified title fight, again I can't see what immediate option is even on the table, let alone better.

Bellew wants the fight, Usyk isn't a big money diva, I think this gets done regardless of any reservations on Hearn's part.
You make solid points I just dont think the money will be there to convince Hearn to do it.

I hope Im wrong though. Its a pretty damn good fight imo. Especially because Bellew will get embarrassed lol.

From the sound of Hearn I can understand he feels Usyk can absolutely compete with Joshua. I don't know how much confident is Usyk though. He seems to hesitate to move up at HW. Maybe feels he can't deal with the size disadvantage. Fighting at CW seems more safe and the money isn't bad either. He has had three multi million dollar fights in a row now. Bellew is about the money but more than that is about the attention of the British public. Bellew is the guy to end Haye's career. Like @Boxer said its two birds with one stone. I think its getting made by around November.

You make solid points I just dont think the money will be there to convince Hearn to do it.

I hope Im wrong though. Its a pretty damn good fight imo. Especially because Bellew will get embarrassed lol.

I’m surprised they are even talking about this fight tbh. Hopefully with bellew being a few fights away from retiring this fight isn’t deemed as a risk. This is the fight where bellew can cement his legacy, and win 4 belts, even though his best/only chance of winning is usyk injuring himself like haye did

Back