Old School Metallica is GOOD.

James Hetfield is a God.

But I disagree with your thread title. Old School Metallica wasn't particularly great for me, I was just never into thrash metal. Post-80s Metallica was very special, when it evolved into more of a thinking man's metal, instead of thrash.

I FUCKING LOVE METALLICA

latest

and justice for all... is an amazing album.

Not a fan of 'tallica but Kill 'em all is a great album.

.....the Black Album is not "old school Metallica".

Agreed... it's when it all started going downhill

I mean, I still like the album, but there is a definite softening in style. I wouldn't go as far as saying they sold out, like many others have, but it is definitely a more commercial sound than previous albums.

never been a fan of kill em all.but ride to the black album are classics.after that utter shit.

What problem do people have exactly with later Metallica albums? Just not heavy enough?

What problem do people have exactly with later Metallica albums? Just not heavy enough?
They cut their hair that's all I can think of Fual and Frantic are two of their "newer" songs I really like still Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justic for All are my favorite albums of theirs.

They cut their hair that's all I can think of Fual and Frantic are two of their "newer" songs I really like still Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justic for All are my favorite albums of theirs.

Cool. Sometimes I think people can be too picky with music changing. I can understand to an extent, but regardless we can't expect a bands music to stay exactly the same over the course of 20-30 years. Everything changes with the times. It's just the way life is.

RTL-MOP-AJFA

Top 3 Metallica albums.

I was going to say something saucy, but it's clear you're pretty new to Metal TS, so I'll cut you some slack.

Yes, old Metallica is the shit.

One of their new songs, "Spit Out The Bone" is great as well.