old school guys rolling (vids)

Some really great stuff in here.

[YT]LHyjP5irkVI[/YT]

[YT]oboCknmzyjg[/YT]

[YT]ChepRRxGYsk[/YT]

On the UG BJJground, one of the pros talks about Liborio destroying him. Fascinating thread.

Even if these are charity rolls, it's the movement I want to see. I learn so much about how limited my own movement is, but I feel their games are more applicable to me than these new inverting/berimbolo/fiftyfifty guys.

I don't remember who said it, I think it might have been Mario Sperry or Murilo Bustamante, but some people are of the opinion that Liborio was better than Rickson and may have been the best ever. Now I take that with a grain of salt as they are Carlson's guys, but I do think Liborio might be the most underrated grappler of his generation.

Man, Megaton Diaz slaughtering people in old school challenge matches. I didn't even know these existed, but... damn! So different than the Gracies.

Man, Megaton Diaz slaughtering people in old school challenge matches. I didn't even know these existed, but... damn! So different than the Gracies.

Megaton is a black belt under Royler, so his BJJ really isn't all that different. The big thing that makes Megaton so impressive is that he has excellent judo.

is there still an active link for the Liborio video.

I couldn't find it, but I found this vid of him doing a cool armbar during a roll. Reminds me of how Nog subbed Henderson in their rematch.

Also found this vid of De La Riva rolling.

Back