Old people cutting in line

Brom Bones

Where's that little soy boy, bitch Ichabod?
@Black
Reaction score
So I was at the trusty HEB (grocery store, mainly in Texas) today to fuel my weight loss diet with pizza (down 18 pounds since Memorial Day). I was waiting in the self checkout lines, which seem to draw shitloads of old geezers who don't know fuck about how to use technology.

I was first in the queue of people waiting for one of said technology challenged geezers to finish. This other old dude rolls up in one of them motorized wheelchair thingys the store provides for them or morbidly obese people.

He skips past everyone else and looks at me. I don't know what to do, so I just shrug at him and he goes to the guy who just finished, bypassing me and the line. I didn't get mad or anything, but homie was, like, in the scooter, so I don't think he was in pain or anything.

I just think he didn't want to wait and used his oldness to get a free perk. I actually admire the boldness of old people to do shit like this and interrupt stranger's conversations. I guess that's what you get when you manage to live to 90 years of age. I just thought it was hilarious. I mean, what the fuck am I supposed to do? Deny some old fart by not letting him cut?

I would have been the next outrageous, "trending" video clip if I had done that. It doesn't make a difference, homeboy's probably only got a couple years to live anyway. Might as well let him spend less of it waiting in lines. What are y'all's thoughts on this situation and how would you have handled it? Am I an asshole for even thinking like this?

I have never noticed this. I have noticed old people taking literally forever to use the self checkout stations though.

Ill usually let old folks in front of me unless im in a rush.

Anyone who cuts in front of people needs an ass kicking, period. It's rude and disrespectful.

I have offered to help old ppl at self check before since they seem lost in time and space.
some welcome it, others look at me like I just suggested mornings and cheeseburgers are the same thing.

Should have booted him off the scooter for cuttin

I will always let anyone in front of me if they ask me nicely. If they cut in line while clearly there is a line behind them then I get pissed off but usually don't say anything.

But there is always someone in line who doesn't let that shit fly LOL

You don't push in line.

842027f6b0f53831280d34290ef2a95cb623edbd.gif

I'll normally offer people with only a couple of things cut in front of me as I've often got quite a few things.

However I do seem to dislike most of the old folks who use those mobility scooters. They drive around like they own the fucking pavement and I've often had to grab my kids when they were younger and carry them out of the way of some old twat who would have mown my kids down. They probably aren't allowed to drive anymore probably with good reason if how they act on the mobility scooters is any indication...

So I was at the trusty HEB (grocery store, mainly in Texas) today to fuel my weight loss diet with pizza (down 18 pounds since Memorial Day). I was waiting in the self checkout lines, which seem to draw shitloads of old geezers who don't know fuck about how to use technology.

I was first in the queue of people waiting for one of said technology challenged geezers to finish. This other old dude rolls up in one of them motorized wheelchair thingys the store provides for them or morbidly obese people.

He skips past everyone else and looks at me. I don't know what to do, so I just shrug at him and he goes to the guy who just finished, bypassing me and the line. I didn't get mad or anything, but homie was, like, in the scooter, so I don't think he was in pain or anything.

I just think he didn't want to wait and used his oldness to get a free perk. I actually admire the boldness of old people to do shit like this and interrupt stranger's conversations. I guess that's what you get when you manage to live to 90 years of age. I just thought it was hilarious. I mean, what the fuck am I supposed to do? Deny some old fart by not letting him cut?

I would have been the next outrageous, "trending" video clip if I had done that. It doesn't make a difference, homeboy's probably only got a couple years to live anyway. Might as well let him spend less of it waiting in lines. What are y'all's thoughts on this situation and how would you have handled it? Am I an asshole for even thinking like this?
This reminds me of something I saw a few years back. This old man wearing a suit was holding up an intersection because he was taking his sweet time crossing the road, he was literally strutting around like Vince McMahon from the WWE lol

giphy.gif

I wasn't even mad, he just gave zero fucks lol

i'm cool with old people cutting the line. though my definition of old would be 75+

Was eating breakfast with my dad the other day, he's 73. Some old guy cut in front of us to pay and my dad lost it. Started talking shit and the dude paid and left...the server shakes my dad hand and thanked him aftetward.

This is going to make me sound messed up but it was truly an accident. I was getting off a plane once and you know how it goes, you wait your turn and you head out when it was your row's turn. My row was up and I moved out into the aisle and this dude just starts pushing me (hard) and trying to run me over. I just reacted and hit him with an elbow to the stomach, turned out it was some giant ass autistic/retarded teenager. Poor kid got the wind knocked out of him and his parents were just looking at me shaking their heads. It was a messed up situation but the moral of the story is don't cut in line.

Sometimes I don't get old people. They take fucking forever to do anything, especially technology related. It's like dawg, you're like 80, you don't have a lot of time left on this earth and you choose to hold up and entire line of people at the grocery store because you want to pay with exact change every single time? Like I get it, you're retired, you have exactly nowhere to be at any hour of the day, no purpose in life, your children only call to ask if your will is up to date and you can't figure out which channel has Matlock on it anymore because you can't work the remote like you used to. Don't make busy people trying to make taxable income that goes to you a part of your day.

I feel like there ought to be a The More You Know campaign directed at old people about this new fangled thing called debit cards. You'll never have to go rifling through your damn purse looking for change ever again.

Sorry OP, I just feel like the cutting in line is a symptom of a larger problem here.

So you live in Tx use the words "queue" and "homie".
Guessing youre an Americanized black dude from the UK?

I always allow old people to cut the line, they don't have a lot of time to waste.

Back