Old news; but remember that Misha Cirkunov vs Volkan Oezdemir fight? I have a burning question

so I didn’t have sherdog back then and none of my friends or family are into ufc so I had no one to discuss this with, but what did you guys think about oezdemirs win? Literally landed a wimpy little punch to like the side/back of the head & misha cirkunov just dropped and the fight ended like so quick what was everyone’s thoughts on that? Cause I was baffled when I was watching it like idk did he dive? Or did oezdemir genuinely hit a spot that just dropped misha, it just seemed like such an insignificant punch to me, what was everyone’s thought on that? Curious
2:40 slow mo starts - He had his back on the fence and spun all the way around to punch him in the head , you can really see the wind up here .

there's also some other factors that could contribute to this.

everyone seems to be focusing on Oezdemir and his power, but nobody is talking about Cirkunov. maybe something was wrong with him.

that is the first thing that i think of when i see odd KO's like that. i automatically think, maybe the guy got KO'd in sparring before the fight? maybe he fell down and hit his head when he woke up that morning and thought nothing of it etc.,

remember when Brendan Schaub's soul looked like it got knocked out of his body from getting cuffed by Ben Rothwell?

it seemed odd how easily he was knocked out by what wasn't even a real punch. nobody was privy to what had happened like a week before that. Shane Carwin had KO'd Schaub in sparring. i'm sure there's a million stories like that, where the general public is ignorant of what has happened before the fight and how it has an affect on the fight.

It happened before.

Luan Chagas got knocked out cold by Siyar with a similarly soft looking hook not that long ago.
David Michaud ko'd a guy on the weekend with a punch that looked like it had much less power behind it...
McG basically knocked out Porier with a short shot behind the ear iirc

There are more though

He obviously hit a spot .

Do you know a story of a failed giant ship engine ?

A giant ship engine failed. The ship’s owners tried one expert after another, but none of them could figure but how to fix the engine.

Then they brought in an old man who had been fixing ships since he was a young. He carried a large bag of tools with him, and when he arrived, he immediately went to work. He inspected the engine very carefully, top to bottom.

Two of the ship’s owners were there, watching this man, hoping he would know what to do. After looking things over, the old man reached into his bag and pulled out a small hammer. He gently tapped something. Instantly, the engine lurched into life. He carefully put his hammer away. The engine was fixed!

A week later, the owners received a bill from the old man for ten thousand dollars.

“What?!” the owners exclaimed. “He hardly did anything!”

So they wrote the old man a note saying, “Please send us an itemized bill.

The man sent a bill that read:

Tapping with a hammer………………….. $ 2.00

Knowing where to tap…………………….. $ 9,998.00

Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort makes all the difference!
... Quality goddamn post.

It happened before.

Luan Chagas got knocked out cold by Siyar with a similarly soft looking hook not that long ago.
David Michaud ko'd a guy on the weekend with a punch that looked like it had much less power behind it...
McG basically knocked out Porier with a short shot behind the ear iirc

There are more though
I was gona give the McGregor vs Porier example. Or you can watch Deontay Wilder vs Siarhei Liakhovich which had similar distance an impact

There's a spot that's responsible for the equilibrium of your body that's located right around the ear! Getting hit in that area doesn't knock you out per say... it just freezes you for a couple of seconds. Exactly like the Conor KO Vs Poirier OR The Dos Santos KO Vs Cain. That Spot & the Liver are really fragile when getting hit. Can't train That... Just gotta Block These Hits!

16WiSUI.gif
A gif can provide a base for the fruitful and reasonable discourse that is about to commence!

Sorry that's not possible.

Usually if i see a video or gif with my own eyes, i have to believe it. In this case I have to deny it. That can not be real, take it back.

Fixed fight. Hadn't Cirkunov just signed a new deal after much grumbling from Dana?

egdybrahlookintoit.gif

There's a spot that's responsible for the equilibrium of your body that's located right around the ear! Getting hit in that area doesn't knock you out per say... it just freezes you for a couple of seconds. Exactly like the Conor KO Vs Poirier OR The Dos Santos KO Vs Cain. That Spot & the Liver are really fragile when getting hit. Can't train That... Just gotta Block These Hits!
Is that proven science?

Are you talking about the first or the last Cain-JDS fight?
Junior clipped Cain with a huge overhand.
That would have downed a horse no matter the location imo.

In the last fight I think it was more a matter of accumulation of damage that led to the TKO

But it really didn’t have any strength behind it, I mean I guess he just hit right place, it was just the lack of power that baffled me

If he didn't have any strength behind it he couldn't have move his hand. Stop saying that.

Is that proven science?

Are you talking about the first or the last Cain-JDS fight?
Junior clipped Cain with a huge overhand.
That would have downed a horse no matter the location imo.

In the last fight I think it was more a matter of accumulation of damage that led to the TKO

The first fight. The punch didn’t look like that much on first viewing.

I think I get the message you’re trying to convey :’) but I genuinely just wanted to know the answer to this question as it’s been bothering me ever since it happened loool & idk why but I just find that hard to believe a stupid as it sounds, I mean it literally had 0 force behind it
Precision beats power. Conor knocked out Aldo while moving backwards and Stipe did the same thing to Werdum. Placement of a strike allows you do inflict damage without power behind it.

I think I get the message you’re trying to convey :’) but I genuinely just wanted to know the answer to this question as it’s been bothering me ever since it happened loool & idk why but I just find that hard to believe a stupid as it sounds, I mean it literally had 0 force behind it
Not sure you know what "literally" means.
<{fry}>

Cirkunov had a huge amount of hype at the time he lost that fight; literally a win or two away from a title shot. It makes no sense for him to throw it.

He was looking for a statement-making KO when he got caught by a guy who catches people. It happens.

Volkan looked like he barely even punched them against jimi and cirkunov LOL that guy ko power is weird

so I didn’t have sherdog back then and none of my friends or family are into ufc so I had no one to discuss this with, but what did you guys think about oezdemirs win? Literally landed a wimpy little punch to like the side/back of the head & misha cirkunov just dropped and the fight ended like so quick what was everyone’s thoughts on that? Cause I was baffled when I was watching it like idk did he dive? Or did oezdemir genuinely hit a spot that just dropped misha, it just seemed like such an insignificant punch to me, what was everyone’s thought on that? Curious
Sorry to bring up McGregor again, at a time everybody clearly overdoses, but this reminds me of the Poirier fight. That glancing shot looked like nothing and Dustin’s knees instantly buckled. The spot on the skull appears to be the same, wouldn’t you agree?
McGregorufc178.gif

16WiSUI.gif
A gif can provide a base for the fruitful and reasonable discourse that is about to commence!
Thats is somewhat black magic... The punch does not seem to have as much force to stunt anyone nor had great amplitude but it immediately knocked the Cyrkunov in a fetal position and defenseless ..

He barely touched the head of the guy with his hand and the guy is dead....

0 force? lol ffs

just one of those weird ass shots that lands in a goofy spot.

Back