Old lady from California goes to live in the “Deep South”

Aegon Spengler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Cliff notes (although I highly recommend watching the whole thing, especially if you are a liberal)

- Prof from UC Berkeley decides to get out of her bubble and actually talk to people face to face

-Finds a lot of common ground on issues like the environment - (not climate change but general pollution, said people she talked too prefer green energy if possible)

- also said she found common ground when it comes to just having civil discourse and that when people feel like you’re listening to them they will listen to you back, even on heavy political issues

- Says she would like to see high school students go on exchange for a week from north to south and vice versa

Cliff notes (although I highly recommend watching the whole thing, especially if you are a liberal)

- Prof from UC Berkeley decides to get out of her bubble and actually talk to people face to face

-Finds a lot of common ground on issues like the environment - (not climate change but general pollution, said people she talked too prefer green energy if possible)

- also said she found common ground when it comes to just having civil discourse and that when people feel like you’re listening to them they will listen to you back, even on heavy political issues

- Says she would like to see high school students go on exchange for a week from north to south

thats what i got from living with peasants for a few years as well.

Huh. Not screaming your points actually leads to a discussion.

That's kind of sad considering that those people are literally voting against their own interests most of the time and either don't realize it or don't care.

Huh. Not screaming your points actually leads to a discussion.

Do you even Social Justice, Bro?

Seriously though, she acknowledges the media's "bubble". It is interesting to see someone try to reach outside that and see what is really there.

That's kind of sad considering that those people are literally voting against their own interests most of the time and either don't realize it or don't care.

The thing is...the kind of Democrats the red states produce aren’t always populist left wingers but might be just as bad...

Hence hate for the gov in general and votes for the party of their culture

who knows maybe it could work both ways, they should send a redneck to take part in gay pride
dbfd5e6b62da5dc9d2e673bc910377af.jpg

these boys would have the time of their lives

I'm a straight up city slicker, truly, from the north. I am definitively a "Yankee" born & raised, no doubt about it.

with that said, I have family down south & I've experienced nothing but love down there. then again, they all thought I was in the military because I rock a high fade.

If your not a mental case, healthy discussion is no big deal...normal people actually can and do get along. It’s the nut jobs that think everyone needs to listen and think like them that cause all the trouble...unfortunately there are a lot of dummies out there..

I'm a straight up city slicker, truly, from the north. I am definitively a "Yankee" born & raised, no doubt about it.

with that said, I have family down south & I've experienced nothing but love down there. then again, they all thought I was in the military because I rock a high fade.
P17xB0Q.jpg

I've lived in rural & urban California, and "urban" Kansas (Wichita) and spent a lot of time in rural Kansas. People by and large are the same; they're guilty of the same sins abstractly. I've known backwoods rednecks and west-coast college students who try to shout-down/insult away opposing argument. And at the end of the day we all want the same things; safety, prosperity and good health.

Why does a university professor in sociology and an author think that people in the South are a bunch of KKK members? How do these people get into their positions without basic knowledge of how humans live?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back