Old head boxing fans loathe MMA , but less technical boxers always put butts in seats

Very good technical fighters have also put butts in seats and what does MMA have to do with this?

Very good technical fighters have also put butts in seats and what does MMA have to do with this?

Because boxing fans always comment on MMA brawls which lack good technique, but cheer the equivalent in boxing

Because boxing fans always comment on MMA brawls which lack good technique, but cheer the equivalent in boxing
Well, I definitely prefer to watch boxers brawl than guys with grappling backgrounds slug it out. And plenty of people dislike brawls in either sport.

That arena looks like a whopping 5000 seating capacity.

That guy looks like Salido. Salido wouldve mopped the floor with Gatti[/QUOTE
to be honest I'm a big Salido fan but Gatti would KO him, too big of a weight difference man.

Because "rockem-sockem" boxing looks way better than the equivalent mma slugfest. Good punches being thrown, decent technique torque and posture. A semblance of fighting style shows with two guys that trained in boxing. And their lack of defense is what makes it exciting, because you have decent looking haymakers connecting constantly.

In most mma:
Two guys masquerading as punchers, throwing garbage off balance kitchen sink type stuff, with low connect ratio and sloppy delivery is just plain annoying to look at.

Because "rockem-sockem" boxing looks way better than the equivalent mma slugfest. Good punches being thrown, decent technique torque and posture. A semblance of fighting style shows with two guys that trained in boxing. And their lack of defense is what makes it exciting, because you have decent looking haymakers connecting constantly.

In most mma:
Two guys masquerading as punchers, throwing garbage off balance kitchen sink type stuff, with low connect ratio and sloppy delivery is just plain annoying to look at.

constantly? after the ref clears gatti connects on 2/15 ish?

Eh, I started to post a few gifs with shitty MMA punches and guys getting caught with that trash, (which i think is more of the problem, how those guys get clipped with simpleton telegraphed punches); but I decided not to. It'd become a gif-circlejerk of back and forth gif posting. Could be fun for a minute but, nah... we can find any clip we want to to try and prove a point but the fact are facts. MMA striking is far far inferior to anything an accomplished boxer like Gatti and beyond had and it shows the 1st minute of any tape comparing the two sports. Lack of or low technique in boxing is still light years ahead of the best MMA striker out there. Just throwing a typical punch for a boxer by an MMA'er is laughable, looks laughable, and is even more hilarious when the opponent gets KO'd with that silly throw of the right... THATS why its not taken seriously by boxing fans. Everything in the stand-up game of MMA, from throwing punches to angles to movement is just "5yr old toddler learning to box" quality.
Guys getting KO'd or smacking each other around in MMA just isnt all that impressive.

I am sure you can see the difference?

And those guys are boxers per Wikipedia !

giphy.gif

A lot of shitty music sells better than a lot of good music. News at 9.

Gatti had some skills.

Besides, Gatti was charismatic. People just liked him. He'd have drawn a crowd if he were ball room dancing.

Another tremendously worthwhile thread from you.

I am sure you can see the difference?

And those guys are boxers per Wikipedia !

giphy.gif

"I'll try blocking this punch with my right elbow. FUCK! That didn't work. Okay, I'll catch the next few punches like a football. Damnit."

"Always!"

*posts one example*

Please tell me how many seats Delray Raines fills lol.

Back