"old" cro cop vs current mitrione (ring) ... who wins?

Very tough loss for Wand. Followed by a brutal KO to Hendo. I often wonder how different Wands career might have been had he rolled into the UFC with his belt. I can't remember if it was Rampage or Forrest that had the title at the time. If it was rampage it most likely would've ended the same way their 3rd fight ended as he was never known for fighting safely. If it was Forrest, I think he would've gotten the belt.

Yeah, don't recall who had the ufc strap at that time either. Wand always fought somewhat recklessly but his charging style of throwing wild hooks was huge mistake against the left straight punching cro cop - then he was chasing again against hendo and got clipped by a left that would not normally have KO'd him. Which is why I think the Mirko fight did lasting a permanent damage to Wand, he never looked the same after that. His chin and his fight iq decreased.

Yeah, don't recall who had the ufc strap at that time either. Wand always fought somewhat recklessly but his charging style of throwing wild hooks was huge mistake against the left straight punching cro cop - then he was chasing again against hendo and got clipped by a left that would not normally have KO'd him. Which is why I think the Mirko fight did lasting a permanent damage to Wand, he never looked the same after that. His chin and his fight iq decreased.

Wand was rocked with a spinning back fist by Hendo a couple minutes before the KO. A shot that probably wouldn't have phased him. Mirko had an answer for everything Wanderlei brought to the table

Cro Cop via leg kicks or body kicks or maybe even a head kick

10001115.gif

I agree that prime Crocop would've done something like this to Mitrione.

But, I think a match of Aleks against Mitrione would be a good one.Both similar boxing-first styles, similar size....I don't know who'd take that one.

Cro cop by k. O. Easily. Just because Matt beat dying Fedor and dying Roy doesn't mean he is good.

How I see it going...

Cro Cop is probably the most dangerous of the old fighters. He is not as fast but he is still extremely strong & hits hard. I think he would have a good chance to beat Meatball.

"old" Cro-Cop as in "back in the old days in Pride" or "old in age and fighting in Rizin"?

Pride Cro-Cop wins easily via headkick.

Rizin Cro-Cop though? I'm not so sure...

Mittione is so underrated.

That is a unanimous decision.

No, you're thinking of when a judge scores all three rounds to one fighter, giving them a unanimous decision.

Or really dry, bad humour just doesn't work in text format.

Well can Mitrione get juiced to the gills to fight CC like CC will be?!?!

Back