Oklahoma woman was mauled to death last week by a pack of dachshun terriers

I am not a fan of big government but these stories of people getting mauled make me wonder whether some breeds should be regulated. Just the other day I was walking into the liqour store and a guy in line had his German Shepard with him. All I was doing was walking in. The owner was barely able to pull back on the leash. And the guy did not think it was a big deal.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklaho...all-dogs/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=51835227

ARDMORE, Okla. -- An Oklahoma woman was mauled to death last week by seven small dogs -- most of them possibly a dachshund-terrier mix. Now, authorities are investigating whether criminal charges should be filed in the wake of the incident.

Carter County Sheriff Chris Bryant said 52-year-old Tracy Garcia was killed near her home outside Ardmore, about 90 miles south of Oklahoma City. He said the dogs each weighed less than 40 pounds and that they belonged to one of Garcia's neighbors.

Police shot one dog and the rest were euthanized at an animal shelter.

The dogs' exact breeds are unknown, but shelter euthanasia technician Amanda Dinwiddie told television station KXII that six of the dogs appeared to be a dachshund and terrier mix, while the seventh appeared to be a border collie mix.

"There were seven dogs -- three were females, four of them were males," Dinwiddie said. "They all ranged from probably a year to about three years (old)." She also said they had fleas and ticks, adding: "you can tell they have been living out in the woods."

The case will be turned over to the District Attorney's office for review, Bryant said, KXII reported.

That's the owners fault. If you want to "regulate breeds" because of the owners, I want to regulate guns because of the owners. I have a perfectly well-behaved gsd for example, and that's because I trained him to be that way. A dog's behavior is 99.9% the owner's responsibility.

@nac386 this article has clear video of the dogs

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/-W...ed-by-pack-of-dogs-identified--482607221.html

I don't know enough about dogs to tell. They don't really look like that dog that someone posted of the wiener pit mix (that picture is just to funny). The fur doesn't look right (but they are also very dirty and unkempt), and the skull/facial structure also doesn't seem to match. But again, I'm not dog expert.

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/-W...ed-by-pack-of-dogs-identified--482607221.html

I don't know enough about dogs to tell. They don't really look like that dog that someone posted of the wiener pit mix (that picture is just to funny). The fur doesn't look right (but they are also very dirty and unkempt), and the skull/facial structure also doesn't seem to match. But again, I'm not dog expert.

Yeah when somebody said they were pitbull mixes I did get a chuckle because I know this thread was made as a not-so-subtle troll thread showing that other dogs attacked people too. It would be a comical backfire if these dogs were in fact half pitbull, but it doesn't appear that they are. I am not an expert though, and dog breeds are hard to distinguish.

how is that even physically possible? had to have been like 40 of them even then you can literly kick them off

I want to see someone get mauled by a pack of chihuahuas.

daschund or datsun?

mvc-138f.jpg

I kid, I kid. The front end would have probably fell off before the lady died.

Not dumped like my Pitbull thread? Sherdog confirmed cucks.

how is that even physically possible? had to have been like 40 of them even then you can literly kick them off

It was an older woman

even if they were say 35 lbs, a couple of them can take you down/trip you up.. especially when you're an old lady.

TS wants the government to regular wiener dogs... jesus christ.

What the fuck? Why are there so many shots of them handling the dead dogs? That's some fucked up imagery for little kids to catch on the 7 o'clock news and in no way adds anything to the story.

Also 40 lbs sounds insane for weiner dogs, they never seemed more then 10-15 lbs to me. They can be proper assholes though, I've got a scar on my face from a bite I got as a kid.

daschund or datsun?

mvc-138f.jpg

I kid, I kid. The front end would have probably fell off before the lady died.
I just learned the they're not the same word a couple days ago. My mind was blown, I've seen it spelled plenty of times but my mind was basically autocorrecting to the car every time I saw/said it.

They were definitely mixed breed not full dachsund. But that's not really the point. The fact that they were essentially feral and roaming around in a pack is what made them especially dangerous. Dogs act very differently when they live like that, and not usually in a good way.

Bull terrier is not a pit bull. The vet who put the dogs to sleep is the one who said they were mostly dachshunds.

Fair enough on the bull terrier distinction - an error on my part. I think my link addressed the vet's definition though.

These were pitbull mixes I looked it up and found some website which claimed this part od that state has people who spread nisniformatjon about pitbull killings and want people to believe other non violent big breed dogs kill to.

Now this poor lady is being mocked cause she was killed by mini land sharks rather than the normal 100lbs land sharks.

Back