Okay....We've seen khabib and Lee vs Barboza and Lee recently....

Khabib vs Lee - Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nobody wins, both fighters miss weight prior to the fight and it gets cancelled.

<BronTroll1>

I'd take Lee at 170 though, nasty grappling. Fight could go either way honestly, but I get the feeling that it would play out on the feet in an ugly striking affair for the most part. Khabib's jab vs Kevin's switch kick.
Nah Lee will get gassed stuffing Khabib's take down attempts, and eventually won't be able to stuff them. Then he is done.

Khabib already took Barbozas soul in their 3 round fight. Kevin Lee got a worn down version of Barboza and still managed to do the Stanky Leg.

I suspect that once Lee doesn't have the grappling advantage, he will look very bland in the octagon.

Lee's grappling looked stronger and better than Kebab's. His striking was also better. Kebab does have a much better chin though, and probably better cardio.

Lee got the stoppage, but did get rocked.

Khabib was flawless in a decision.

Who wins between these two grappling beasts?!?

Lee had better stand up. Comes down to whether he can a) defend the takedown and b) get up again. I think he can do either 1 or 2. I'll go with Khabib, but Lee looked formidable tonight.

I see Lee winning that fight actually. Khabib beats everyone else but Lee is just too good a wrestler and too strong physically to get taken down by Khabib and dominated like the rest of the division. I see Lee defending the takedown and outstriking Khabib on the feet. Never thought that I would say this
WTH!? Does everyone here forget what tony did to lee? I think tony sucks, but hes better than lee. Khabib would eat them both for breakfast.

Lee had better stand up. Comes down to whether he can a) defend the takedown and b) get up again. I think he can do either 1 or 2. I'll go with Khabib, but Lee looked formidable tonight.
Why does he need to defend the TD? His wrestling is as good or better than Kebab's, as MMAth proved

The last time Khabib faced a good wrestler he didn't look so dominant. A lot of people also thought he lost that fight. Lee's wrestling is good enough to nullify Khabib's. The question is could Lee withstand Khabib's pressure over 5 rounds. I dont know. But if the fight stayed standing Lee would piece him up.

Going with my boy ChinaTown Phenom.

I voted Khabib but this is a hard call. Biggest determining factors would depend on how good Lee's TKD is and who gasses first.

WTH!? Does everyone here forget what tony did to lee? I think tony sucks, but hes better than lee. Khabib would eat them both for breakfast.
To be fair, Lee had a staph infection in the fight and clearly gassed out much quicker due to it. I'd pay to see a staph-less Kevin Lee vs Tony, I'd put my money on Kevin.

Not sure Barboza would have lasted another round with Khabib. I think he would have got the stoppage in a 5rnd too. I'd favour Khabib against lee.

Lee is stronger and more athletic, but Khabib has much better technique.

I was stunned at the lopsided victory. It's as if Edson learned nothing from the Khabib fight.

And bless Mark Henry for screaming down Edson's earhole that he needs to get the fuck off the cage...but Edson pretty much did this...

BruisedLeafyBanteng-max-1mb.gif

Why does he need to defend the TD? His wrestling is as good or better than Kebab's, as MMAth proved
Same goes for Khabib. Can he defend the takedown. Can he get back up. Lots of aggressive wrestlers aren't great off their back.

I think Lee has a slight advantage on the feet if the fight becomes one of those wrestler vs wrestler K1 matches.

And Kevin had a staph infection for the Tony fight. Not saying Kevin would necessarily beat Tony if he didn’t have the infection, but you could clearly see his conditioning was better tonight when he wasn’t sick.

Or was it better because he wasn't fighting Tony?
He can't come in at 157 against Khabib either.

Hopefully they make the fight and we'll see.

The last time Khabib faced a good wrestler he didn't look so dominant. A lot of people also thought he lost that fight. Lee's wrestling is good enough to nullify Khabib's. The question is could Lee withstand Khabib's pressure over 5 rounds. I dont know. But if the fight stayed standing Lee would piece him up.
There's a difference between being a good wrestler and a good defensive wrestler. Tibau was on all the steroids in the world, and his takedown defense is 20% higher than Kevin Lee's. Also that was 6 years and before Khabib joined AKA so it's about as relevant as Kevin Lee getting outwrestled by Al Iaquinta.

Back