Okay, so I'm rewatching all the Star Wars movies before I go see the new one. . .

G

Guestx

I was talking to @TheRuthlessOne the other day and he challenged me to rewatch the Star Wars prequels. I mentioned that I thought they were okay, but only okay. Nothing more than that. He claims that they are misunderstood films that are much better than their reputations.

All the showings at my nearest theater have been sold out by the time I even think about getting tickets, so I said fuck it, I'll give it a few days, and in the meantime I'm going to rewatch ALL of the SW films--Episode 1 through Episode 7 + Rogue One--to prepare.

It's been several years since I have seen any of the pre-TFA films so this should be interesting. I'm sitting down to start Phantom Menace right now.

I'm particularly interested in seeing if my feelings about the prequels change upon a rewatch. One thing I can tell you is that I am NOT looking forward to dealing with Jar Jar Binks's punk ass again, but I'm going to remain open-minded.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is like once in a while when someone makes a thread that they are about to commit suicide.

Quick, we need to come together as a community and find @shadow_priest_x 's friends & family, & get them to intervene before it's too late.

Generally speaking, the good parts (The maul saber fight, pod race, final duels of Episode II, etc) are still good. While all the bad things have gotten worse. Many of the special effect heavy set pieces have aged terribly. I also think they get a bit too much flack and would rank them as OK/decent, with Episode III being almost pretty good.

The first generation SWS movies bear so little resemblance to the myriad 'offshoots' if you will of the series, the comparison is difficult and ultimately disappointing. ah, the good old days.

You could watch rogue 1 before 4.

But...your reviews tend to be on the forgiving side.

Watching the prequels won't be as painful as that Resident Evil movie marathon you did.

For 4 5 and 6 make sure you just watch the original versions

Or find the despecialized versions if you can

You're going to enjoy yourself

tenor.gif

I've heard about the despecialized editions, but wouldn't the actual originals be VHS rips?

Yeah the originals are only VHS

Despecialized is some fancy editing mumbo jumbo to give you the bluray quality but without all the stupid extra stuff added

Yeah the originals are only VHS

Despecialized is some fancy editing mumbo jumbo to give you the bluray quality but without all the stupid extra stuff added

What exactly were Lucas's sins with the special editions? Is it really a big deal? Are you sure fans aren't just bitching to bitch?

What is it that is supposedly misunderstood about the prequels?

What exactly were Lucas's sins with the special editions? Is it really a big deal? Are you sure fans aren't just bitching to bitch?

He fucked them up big time. Like he was deliberately trying to troll the viewers.

Back