Okami by Decision?

Wtf makes you think that ? Yushin is for sure an underrated grappler and did insanely well grappling with Maia back in the day but he hasn't come close to subbing anyone good since rich franklin. Much more of a positional grappler and gnp guy . Osp isn't some slouch on the ground either
I think OSP can out grapple Okami so I think Okami attempting a judo esqe explosive submission off a scramble would be his best bet.

Size does matter but.. I think Okami has the ability to push OSP against the cage tire him out and take him down. OSP has shown that his power can be nullified by taking him into the later rounds. Okami isnt likely to finished in round 1. Jacare is the only one to stop him in round 1.... Look for Okami to use constant pressure and initiate the clinch and grappling exchanges. He needs to still try to be the bully against the bigger man.

Or of course Okami could get his head knocked off by the gigantic LHW.

Its an interesting fight... Not terribly exciting but interesting matchup for a betting man.
Maybe with a full camp but on short notice I don't think so.

Especially taking into account OSP was suppose to fight Shogun. His game plan was probably too take the fight to the ground anyway and achieve top position. Who really wants to stand with Shogun as a first option?

Now your giving him a significantly smaller opponent with power in his hands but no where same the same threat on the feet that Shogun had. Why change the game plan especially with the advantage of a full training camp?

Size difference is immense.

OSP is just as big as Jones.

Contemporary Okami is a big WW.

OSP is going to beat his ass. Size matters.
okami is higher than many hws and he was fighting in ww recently......:oops:
size difference is inmense?
86t5ryghg.jpg
BEU1fXWCQAAmCQm.jpg

It's a 5 rounder on short notice, two divisions higher than the division he's fought his last few fights at.

If it was a 3 rounder I'd pick okami via decision, but under these circumstances I think he needs to finish within the first 3 rounds or he'll gas.
Okami on short notice might have a better chance of winning after R3 than a full training camp OSP. Are you sure this is still 5 rounds?

Maybe OSP will have really bad jet lag. Or maybe his stomach doesn't react well to Japan food. Or maybe he shows up and just doesn't care (wouldn't be the first time).

Maybe OSP will have really bad jet lag. Or maybe his stomach doesn't react well to Japan food. Or maybe he shows up and just doesn't care (wouldn't be the first time).
200.gif

4-0 in his last 4 fights , nearly half of all his victories have come via decision , not the worst bet I've ever seen .

This is a huge size mismatch. I'm surprised they sanctioned it. Okami's last 4 fights have been at WW. None of the guys he beat were elite--some were downright bad. He also lost to Fitch at 170.

OSP is a huge LHW. He KO'd Shogun and Cummins, arguably beat Volkan and went 5 rounds with Jones and Bader.

Okami's been KO'd by Boetsch, Branch and 3 other MWs. He had a good chin until Anderson took his soul.

Okami has very little chance here. If Cummins, a D1 wrestler and full-size LHW, couldn't implement his grappling game plan for even a round, the Okami's chances are very slim. OSP isn't a great striker, but he's got power and can find Okami's chin.

not than most but yes than some of them, and he is fighting in ww, is it so difficult to understand for you? for example okami is higher than fedor, hunt, nelson, (hw)cormier and many more <PlusJuan>

ohh you mean taller

Back