Okami a force at 170 & Nakai at 125

Couture still change weight classes and did better at HW than he was doing at LHW.

Hendo is not at his best at 185, his cardio is weak at 185, Hendo is at his best at 205+.

Maia got the title shot at MW easier cause the division was weaker and had less depth than WW does now, by a significant amount, his streak at 170 is much more impressive than what he did at MW to get a title shot.

I never said that Okami looks like he can beat Maia or Lawler, I said that he can beat a few top 10-15 guys if given the right match up or he just performs really well.
He got his title shot due to Belfort being injured actually.

He got his title shot due to Belfort being injured actually.

Yeah, Maia's title shot at MW was more due to lack of contenders than him getting a good streak and earning it like he will have done at WW if he beats Condit.

Yeah, Maia's title shot at MW was more due to lack of contenders than him getting a good streak and earning it like he will have done at WW if he beats Condit.
No, they needed someone to fill in a short notice spot. Stop trying to revise history

No, they needed someone to fill in a short notice spot. Stop trying to revise history

What are you talking about? I was agreeing with you, Maia got his title shot at MW for doing far less than he would for it at WW should he beat Condit, he was a fill in fighter that didn't have good streak going.

What are you talking about? I was agreeing with you, Maia got his title shot at MW for doing far less than he would for it at WW should he beat Condit, he was a fill in fighter that didn't have good streak going.
Misread that post. Sorry man, carry on!
<2>

Lawler I'll give you, Couture is a 19-11 career fighter who was clearly his best at LHW.

Hendo's best was at 185, Maia's on a great streak but if you wanna measure success on proximity to a title, he had a shot at 185, hasn't had one at 170.

I'll be nice and give you 2. That's not a lot or tons or many. That's 2. And when was the last time Okami looked like he could beat Maia or Lawler?

Tatsuya Kawajiri, who is 38. Just another example of an old vet who drop weight class and finds success.
Maybe not exactly a force in the division, but he has just had a close fight that could have gone either way with a top ten guy.

watch for urself

but in training, peeps not throwing full on spinning backfist and flying knees right?

Chidi had problems defending the cagework of his last lowranked opponent. I dont think Okami is a good matchup for him. Yushin isnt willing to fight in the ring anyways. He actually declined an offer to fight Khalidov in KSW two years ago for not being in the cage.

Okami still pretends a return to UFC, and WSOF or Pancrase arent too restrictive with contracts

Thats unfortunate, maybe he should go for Bellator than?

Thats unfortunate, maybe he should go for Bellator than?

Not the best place if your goal is to comeback to UFC

Anyways, Bellator wont sign a guy who could grapplefuck their whole WW roster in boring fashion

Not the best place if your goal is to comeback to UFC

Anyways, Bellator wont sign a guy who could grapplefuck their whole WW roster in boring fashion

I guess try to get some Rizin fights (they will probably give him 1 fight contracts so he doesn't get tied down) ; more money, more fame, higher ranked opponents.

Okami v Njoukani

Okami can still compete with the top 11-20 guys. Once he's facing ranked guys, honestly, the sport has passed him by.

I respectfully disagree.
Glad to see someone supporting fighters though, respect.

Okami is talented, he can still compete. But not at the top.

I see no way that Rin can be competitive above 115, and even then her skill will be limited against the better SWs. She is a pretty talented grappler though. I think that would be more apparent if she weren't giving up half a foot or more in height.

Have you ssen Okami lately ? Out grinded by a broke Jon Fitch ( who has been god awful in WSOF) and TKO'd. Okami had his time but that time is gone. He is a one dimensional fighter who is not that great at his specialty anymore.

I think Okami could probably beat a few top 10-15 guys on a good night and/or with the right match up.

Still unbelievers?

Maybe Saffiedine. Or Cerrone by just being alot bigger.

The rest I highly doubt. But who knows.

I wonder why you higly doubt Okami can beat Kim, Story, Brown, Magny...actually I see Saffiedine and Cerrone as the biggest threats for him because of their striking tools

Last edited:
So both Nakai and Okami have cut bulk off their frame and look good at the new weight. Nakai isnt at 115 yet but she could get there

Both are currently in a 3 fight winning streak and coming off legit wins in Rizin and WSOF respectively

I wonder why you higly doubt Okami can beat DHK, Story, Brown, Magny...actually I see Saffiedine and Cerrone as the biggest threats for him because of their striking tools

8 years...maybe.

But now? Nuh uh.

A huge win over Paul Bradley a bellator and UFC reject sold me for sure. Is he your bf?

Is the best japanese in America other than Kyoji. idk if you are sold, but has won 3 in a row looking good at 170, better than I actually expectd.
Bradley is legit btw, ufc caliber and top contender in bellator. You assume if ufc ejcect someone he sucks. Shields and Fitch werent ejectd for not being good enough to be ranked

Is the best japanese in America other than Kyoji. idk if you are sold, but has won 3 in a row looking good at 170, better than I actually expectd.
Bradley is legit btw, ufc caliber and top contender in bellator. You assume if ufc ejcect someone he sucks. Shields and Fitch werent ejectd for not being good enough to be ranked
Top contender in Bellator? So why did Bradley get released from Bellator? The guys best win is who? I know he is it seems you don't though, he is basically Okami but not as good. Bradley's best career win is Neer or Amoussou and is 3-3-1 in his last 6 and that Okami best win on his 3 fight winning streak. The other 2 wins are a washed up 45 year old with a .500 record and a guy that is 4-5 in his last 9 with the only fighter of note that he beat being a well past his prime Kondo. You gonna debate those facts ?

Back