Okami a force at 170 & Nakai at 125

Okami could be a force at 170 as long as he doesn't fight anyone really good.
His opponent was 13-8-3, not really world-class.

Nakai's opponent was 1-2, not warranted to hype these guys when they beat anyone worth a hoot.

I had some hopes for Okami at 170 lbs but getting Fitched by the modern Jon Fitch is not the best of signs.
Lets see if he can continue to bounce back.
Nakai was undersized but wasn't outclassed by Miesha at all. At 115 she belongs.

Yeah, not a good sign. Although to Okami's credit, it was the first time in a decade he competed at 170 and has stated that he didnt make the weight cut correctly. Since then, he walks around lighter.
Has just outclassed two opponents at 170, and his body doesnt look so drained as in the Fitch fight. Let's see how he does in his next WSOF bout

Didnt Okami already get FITCHED at 170?

Okami's best days are behind him. It isn't tough to look like a world beater against low-tier competition. There is no chance he would even come close to being an elite fighter in the UFC again, even at 170.

Rin Nakai is terrible. I don't wanna see her box air and smother at any weight.

WW is a shark tank that's dangerous for sharks right now. Okami wouldn't sniff the top 5, so I don't see the point.

Well shit, UFC should just cut anyone outside the top 10 then, right? Most of them will never touch the top 5.

Sorry but i don't see either of them being a force at any weight class.

Okami had a brief window where he was elite at MW but silva put that to rest. He's never been as great as Chael like to keep saying.

Well shit, UFC should just cut anyone outside the top 10 then, right? Most of them will never touch the top 5.

Or they could sign new talented fighters who don't have to drop to a loaded weight class after failing at the one above it.

I dont think so. He is too old. He may crack top 15 but I dont think he earns a title shot.

Sorry but i don't see either of them being a force at any weight class.

Okami had a brief window where he was elite at MW but silva put that to rest. He's never been as great as Chael like to keep saying.

What has to do losing a tittle fight with Silva in his prime at MW with being a force at WW? Anyways the thread doenst ask if Okami can be a champion in UFC. I think pretty much everyone agree that he wont.

By being a force, I mean to being able challenge the top guys in UFC and give them a good fight. I think he can, against many of the guys in UFC ranks right now at 170.

I would have loved to see Rin move down. But she has that ... idk... image...gimmick... facade, that alot of people dig. And it seems to make her money. So... whatever.

No bashing intended but she just looks very strange, and unappealing to me.

She'd have to lose the muscles to move down. But she is way too small for BW.

lol her physique doesnt appeal to me neither. But I think she would be a tough one for any SW woman, if she can adjust the weight.

Seriously...what a waste of money to keep all those people on the roster.

lol her physique doesnt appeal to me neither. But I think she would be a tough one for any SW woman, if she can adjust the weight.

Yeah, but it's such an unknown. A 20 lbs weight shift. I have no fucking idea how she'd stack up. That's what I really wanted to see.

Seriously...what a waste of money to keep all those people on the roster.

Again...

They pay their fighters per fight. They could literally have 10,000 fighters on the fucking roster. How does it cost them money ???

I don't like to trash 2009's... But that's a shit post if I've ever seen one.

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Yeah, but it's such an unknown. A 20 lbs weight shift. I have no fucking idea how she'd stack up. That's what I really wanted to see.

Im looking forward to it. She still has bulk on her to cut, look at those legs lol. A fairly skinny Nakai would be interesting to see.

Enough to be relevant at 170? It's not like a BW dropping to FLW. 170 is beyond loaded right now. I'd rather see who's coming up at 170.

At least as a very tough test in relevant fights, yeah. Just look at Lorenz Larkin, who is also dropping from 185, where he wasnt the force Okami was there. Larkin is facing Neil Magny who is a top ten guy now. That's a pretty relevant fight, in the main card of a PPV
Has Larkin more talent on him than Okami?

Back